New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Vampire Goddess

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5

Blood Lust

We just stared at each other. We'd been doing this since Ammi had showed up, an hour ago. We wouldn't let anyone speak, let alone, we wouldn't speak. This was my idea in the first place. i wasn't going to speak until Joe woke up, which should be anytime soon, and I wasn't going to let anyone speak until then. I stared into those chocolate brown eyes of Ammi's, keeping her stare. She kept mine, not once blinking. All of my brothers, except Joe of course, and James sat on the couches and armchairs, staring at us, scared to speak. Even James. Two Kid Vampires who mature fast was a pretty scary idea to piss off. Me and Ammi sat on the mantle, facing each other, Indian crossed legged, hands in our laps, staring at each other, unmoving. This was a good thing about being a Vampire. We could stay still for hours on end without any trouble whatsoever and not move and inch for days, months, weeks, years, or centuries. I was a little scared we would go for a long time. Well, we were going to do it until Joe woke up and came downstairs. My mind was on Joe. I hoped with all my newly beating heart that he was OK.
'Let him be OK.'I prayed silently.'Please, let him be OK. I didn't mean to do that! I really didn't! Please your Majesty, let him be OK!'I sent out the plea to the past Vampire Goddess', hoping they would hear and help heal him. I pleaded with every fiber in my being. I only hoped it would help.
Ammi turned her head and glared at James, hunger sparking in her eyes. I snarled at her and shook my head. She turned to glare at me. I could feel tension in the air, the boys were scared. It was all due to Ammi. She was spiking their fear even higher. i swiftly stood up and crouched down. I would attack her if I had to. i wasn't going to let anyone get hurt again. I smelt blood and pain shot through my mouth. I groaned and leaned my head back, closing my eyes. My fangs protruded from my mouth and hunger licked my stomach. I was weak from the hunger, but strong enough to attack if I had to.I looked down at Ammi and growled deeply. She glared at me, fangs extending from her mouth, she snarled at me. We were both weak and hungry. We both needed to feed. James' delicious smelling blood would cure us for the time being. My mouth watered at this thought. I wanted his blood. That's all that ran through my head. How I could even think that of my brothers friend, I had no clue, but i wanted it. I wanted the blood. I turned to gaze at James and snarled at him. I wanted the blood so damn badly. My started to shake from hunger. I ran my tongue over my fangs and moaned in hunger. I wanted his blood.
"Aphrodite?"A weak voice said from the doorway.
I turned to the door and my eyes widened. Joe stood there, face pale and sweaty.
"Joe?"
"Don't do anything you'll regret. That even means attacking James. I know you'll regret it, Stevie."He said weakly.
I swallowed and closed my eyes. I drew in a deep breath, trying to calm my fast pacing heart.
"his blood smells so wonderful."I hissed, glaring enviously at James.
"It may smell wonderful, but you can't Stevie. Please."
I sat back down on the mantle and put my face in my hands and groaned in agony. I was weak and hungry. I wanted to feed. I had blood lust so deep that I couldn't handle it. I was pretty sure it was worse then Ammi's blood lust. I snarled and looked up at James. I jumped up, roared in anger, and launched myself at him. I was slammed into someone and thrown against the wall. I let out another roar. I kicked my attacker and they flew back into the opposite wall. I launched myself into a crouch and growled deeply. My attacker jumped up, it was Zach. He howled and launched himself back at me as I made my way to James. We slammed into the glass table, sending shards everywhere. It didn't effect either one of us. I threw out my palm and pushed him flying into the air. I stood up and twirled and smashed a fist into his stomach as he came down. He flew sideways, right into the couch. I turned to James and roared, red tinging my vision. I smelt his blood, the blood I wanted. I roared in frustration and launched myself at him. Again, I was attacked from the side. Burning flesh soared through the air and I screamed in pain. silver was being pressed against my palms again. I lurched back, away from it, and looked at my blistering palms. I snarled and looked up, Ammi stood there, gazing down at her blistering palms. She was the one who had attacked me. She whimpered in pain and I snarled at her in delight. My body was shaking with hunger and the red tinging my eyes deepened. All I was seeing was red. Deep red. Blood red. I lifted my hands, throwing them down, I screamed blood murder. I heard shattering behind me and pings of glass cascaded into my back. I still wasn't effected. A door slammed open and voices shouted from the hallway. I didn't care, I wanted James. I made my way slowly to him, my eyes on him. I heard shouting around me and movement in the corner of my eyes. I ignored it all and still went for James. I saw fear spark his eyes and he took a step backward. i smiled coldly at his fear, excitement flaring through my body.
"Stephany! Don't you dare! I'll ground you young lady!"
I froze at the threat and whipped my head around to see who had spoken. I blinked and saw my father standing there, bound back my Zach, whose chest was bleeding. I could see the effort it took him to restrain out father through the pain. I snarled, but didn't look away. I watched Zach's face. It went from pain to exhaust over and over. A pain shot through my mouth and my fangs slid back in my mouth. I watched Zach let go of Father and crumble to the floor in a heap. I could see his shallow breathing and the image of me pushing my palm into his chest sending him for the ceiling flashed through my mind. The blood red vision slowly cleared as I stared at him, my body stopped shaking and my heart ceased its racing. I dashed to Zach's side and fell to my knees. He looked up at me, his eyes dying.
"I'm so sorry."I groaned.
"Its OK."He whispered
I shook my head violently."No! NO!"I screeched.
I whirled around, standing up and threw out my arms. A blinding white light surrounded my body and swirled around me like a tornado. Its warmth filled me. I spun around and pointed my palms down at Zach. The white tornado flew to him and swirled around his weakening his body. It soared in and out of his body. I pushed harder on the Mist and it soared right into his chest, sending white sparks flying everywhere. Then, everything cleared, as fast as it had started. He lay there, panting. but not a single scratch on his body. He gazed, surprised, up at me. I smiled and twirled my palms. The mist appeared, twirling around my palms. I whipped them slightly and the Mist ceased. I let out a laugh that sounded like bells chiming through the air. I gave out a whoop of achievement. I spun around, my smile widened at the shocked face of my father. It was time to tel him, this wasn't going to be easy. I still smelled James' blood. I still had blood lust, but I would have to figure out how to control it. I hated that part. I was hungry for his blood, but I wouldn't attack again. I wouldn't.

"Well that was easier said then done."I muttered to Ammi the next day as we sat outside.
She was leaning against the house, eyes closed.
"Yeah, thought he would freak."
"Me to."I nodded in agreement, gazing across the field."Why does James' blood smell so delicious?"I whined.
I heard Ammi sigh."I know why."
I turned to her, she was gazing at me with chocolate brown eyes. Laughter sparked in them. I frowned at her.
"Why?"I demanded.
"James is like Joe to me."
I burrowed my eyebrows."Huh?"I asked confused.
"You know I have a crush on Joe."
I pretended to vomit slightly, but then turned serious."Yeah, so?"
"His blood smells delicious to me. My blood lust is for Joe. Like your blood lust is for James."
i shook my head, frowning."I'm not getting the jist."
"Your crushing on James."
My eyes widened and I jumped up quickly. I held my palms up and backed away.
"No way! No way! No way! I am not!"I pleaded with her.
"Sorry, Stevie, but you are."
I moaned and threw my hands over my face. I shook my head and groaned, sinking back to the ground. This was so not happening. Everything was going just fine, so why did this have to happen? My Father took the news of us kids being Creatures way better then any of us expected and he was perfectly fine with it. He extended all of our curfews and even looked proud of us all. It was creepy, but totally worked out to my advantage. But this? This? No it couldn't be true. But deep in my heart, I knew, just somehow. It was true. This was going to be trouble for me. I was crushing on the boy that I wanted to kill so I could drink his blood. Great, just my luck. I looked up at Ammi. she was watching me carefully.
"Its true."I moaned.
She nodded slowly, her eyes shifting behind me. I looked behind me and gasped. The delicious smell hit my nostrils, but the sight was incredible. He looked so handsome in the sunlight. His hair shone darkly and I could see laughter filling him. I could just see myself kissing those full lips, but as soon as that image popped into my mind, I saw myself drinking his luscious blood. I licked my lips, imaging the sweet texture running down my fangs and chin. I could just feel it streaming into my mouth. My mouth watered. I was so hungry, but I stayed put. I watched as he and my brothers messed around in the field. I wanted him. I wanted him so badly. I moaned in desperation and with some effort, I pulled my eyes away from him and back to Ammi. She was looking at me again, hunger lighting her eyes. i shook my head, she nodded hers, agreeing with me. We both had blood lust, but it would have to just stay like that. Blood lust.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5

ShyKarma said...
love the story could you write more chapters  

KristySparklezThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:24 pm :
Of course!!!! not a problem!! As soon as I am able, I will!!!!

ShyKarma replied...
Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:40 pm :
awsome     

shy.. said...
you should write more i want to know what will happen next :)

Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:19 pm :
I will definitey write more!!! as soon i possible can(: Thank you!!! just keep an eye out for more!!!

emilybwrites said...
great job i loved it! could you check out my peom "Forgotten Domain" and comment/rate! it would mean a lot!!!

JonesychicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 23, 2011 at 3:18 pm :
sure thing! ill get right on it!

spiritofdeathThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 12, 2011 at 3:24 pm:
I really enjoyed it! I never been such a fan of vampire novels, but now I think I'm changed! :) Keep it up!

Jun. 3, 2012 at 2:13 am :
I'm glad to hear that! I'll be working on it more!

littlemisssarbear said...
Jul. 11, 2011 at 5:24 am:
I like your instinctive and imaginative work :D it had an atmosphere about it that keeps readers wanting more and more until they split into two :) keep going...I'll be keeping tabs on your work ahaa :D

Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:57 pm :
Thank you so much! And I will definitey be wrting more as soon i get more inspiration(:

Angelnight16 said...
Jun. 23, 2011 at 3:06 pm:
i've only read the first chapter so far, and i think its sweet. only i think you might want to vary your word choice, and add a few more descriptions. but other than that keep up the good work!!

Jul. 2, 2011 at 9:36 pm :
thanks!!! i really appreciate it!!! ill be posting more as soon as i can!!!