Vampire Goddess

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Century of No Lies

I slammed the door open and stomped inside. My fangs shot back into my mouth and I sighed with relief. I heard voices in the kitchen and stepped to the wall and slowly edged towards the kitchen door. I listened carefully, waiting for the voice I was for certain would come. I stopped in the shadow of the door and peered inside. He wasn't there. Neither was Nick. i smiled softly. I relaxed my aching muscles as best as I could. They ached from not only anxiety, but also from hunger. Hunger was the worst. And it hurt so badly. My insides ached for more blood, I was craving it so badly. The windows in the kitchen were open, but it didn't bother me. My brothers smell didn't bother me one bit, i was used to their smell. Well, the humans that was. I smiled at that. Funny how things ended up in the long run. I hadn't seen my twin brothers and my older brothers in eleven years. They show up on the doorstep and they're changed. Literally. the wind blew in and a delicious smell wafted over to me. I licked my lips and the wonderful smell, my mouth was watering. Another human was in there. A blood bank human. And i wanted his blood. This time, there was no pain, my fangs just slid out. All the way to the end of my chin. I growled softly. The wind blew again and again, there was the smell. I stepped into the kitchen and snarled, looking around for the source. I followed my nose and lay my eyes on the most handsome boy I had ever seen in my life. His baby-blue eyes sparkled, even in the dim light. His wavy jet-black hair ran down to his shoulders. And he didn't look startled at my fangs. On the contrary, he looked happy to see them. He smiled encouragingly at me. He stood up so quickly I slammed into the wall with the delicious scent overpowering me. I hissed and he smiled.
"Like my smell?"He purred.
My eyes widened at his tone and I crouched down. I looked him over and stopped at the cross emblazoned on his chest pocket. It was a gold cross that sat on water. "Holy water." I wrinkled my nose at that, but smiled to myself. He wasn't a Slayer. He was a Savior. A handsome one at that. I let out a small growl and narrowed my eyes at him. He was good, but after what had happened, I really didn't trust anyone.
"You're just a Kid, aren't you?"
I snarled.
"Well, then. I'll take that as a yes, but you mature faster then most, don't you?"He stated matter-of-factually eying my fangs with excitement.
I growled again and glared at him. He smiled widely at me.
"You know what you are, don't you?"
Of course I knew what I was! I was a Vampire for crying out out loud! I said nothing, I just kept glaring.
"She knows what she is. We all know what she is! She's a Vampire, James! Why would you ask a superb question?"Joe asked, incredulous.
He turned to Joe, a frown upon his face and shook his head.
"You really don't know what I mean do you?"He asked, sadness coated his voice.
My phone went off, I took it out nad glanced at the text message.
"What are you talking about, James?"Joe prompted.
'Don't listen to anyone if they tell you you are more then a Vampire...Boss.'
My eyes widened in surprise. I felt my fangs slid back up into my mouth and I looked at James curiously.My phone went off again.
'I mean it, Stevie!!!'
I frowned at my phone. He was keeping something from me and I was going to fine out what it was. No matter what it took. James turned back towards me and studied my face.
"What kind of powers do you have?"
"Powers?"I asked startled.
He raised his eyebrows."All Vampires have Powers. You have the most and the most powerful because of what you really are."
I frowned at him and shook my head."Not true. Vampires who are old have Powers. Newbies don't."I told him.
He shook his head violently."No. All Vampires have Powers."
I opened my mouth to argue back but was interrupted by Nick entering the kitchen.
"He's right Stevie. All Vampires have Powers. Even you."He told me.
I stood up from my crouch and looked at him, startled once again.
"You're talking to me?"I asked hotly.
He shrugged and sighed."May as well. I was wondering why you didn't use your Powers when you attacked my Boss."
My mouth dropped open.
"You didn't use your Powers fighting? How come?"James asked, incredulous.
I slammed my mouth shut and rounded on James, flaring up."How could I? I don't have Powers?"I screeched.
"Of course you do!!! All Vampires do! Even Kids."
I bared my teeth and a low snarl escaped my throat.
"I have no Powers!"I said between clenched teeth, my anger flaring with every word.
"You do though!"James persisted.
A vase on the wall flew forward, straight for James' face. He ducked and it smashed into the wall. The table upturned and flew forward. James jumped sideways, out of the way and it went crashing into the wall also. I roared and threw up my hands. Black fire emitted from them. i swung my palms towards James and the fire exploded towards him. He raised his hands and the fire exploded like fireworks. It sent sprays everywhere, but didn't make a harm to anything. He smiled widely. I stood, stunned. I looked at my palms and gawked at them.
"How did I...?"I started, but failed to get the words out.
"Like I said, all Vampires have Powers."
My phone went off. I looked down at the text message.
'Listen to no one.'
I snarled at my phone and stuffed it back in my pocket.
"OK, so what if I have Powers? Doesn't mean a damn thing!"I said icily to James.
"Aren't you always hungry? Aren't you always craving to eat? The hunger just gets worse and worse each and every day? Sometimes you go completely crazy and attack someone within your reach just to feed."
I stared at him."How'd you know that?"
"Because I know what you are."
I frowned at him."What the hell are you talking about?"I demanded.
"Your the Vampire Goddess."
I shook my head."No way. Boss would've told me if I was Her."
"You know about her?"
"Sure. The Vampire Goddess is a legend. She's really Powerful. The most Powerful Vampire ever to exist. Although, no one is sure what happened to her."
James twisted his palm, the table flew back into its rightful place, healed. He sat back down next to Joe. Nick left the room with a dark look at the crest on James's chest pocket.
"Sit. Why don't you tell us about Her?"James said, pointing at the seat across from him.
"I'd rather stand."I said frostily.
"Alright. Will you please tell us?"
I stared at him, studying his face carefully. I could tell them. Then again, i couldn't. Boss wouldn't appreciate me telling them. Then again, who cared about Boss. He lied about the Powers. About my Powers. And what about what James had just said? What if it was true? What if I did turn out to be the Vampire Goddess? I wouldn't be able to handle it. Then again, I might be able to. I looked down at my hands again, stalling for more time. I knew the legend by heart. I had heard it so many times. It wasn't a problem to repeat it. Or was it? What if I choked on my words when I told them? That would look horrible in front of James. What if i couldn't speak? What if my throat got blocked and I made choking noises? Or, what if this was some sick joke?! How could it be? The Powers turned out to be real. But then again, it still could be. I frowned deeply and burrowed my eyebrows. This couldn't be a joke. It just couldn't. I looked up at James, into those baby-blue eyes and knew that everything he had said wasn't a joke. I knew, looking into those baby-blue eyes, i could trust him completely.
"She was born, centuries ago. No one is sure how many centuries, but we're pretty sure it was around the time that Vampires were going out of control. The time of The Deaths. That's what humans called it at least. Time of The Deaths. Anyways, she was born. Much more Powerful then any Creature of Night. At first, no one understood why or how, but they were certain of one thing. She would rule our worlds in her days to come. And rule she did. She fought Slayers of all kind, fought them to their Deaths. She kept Vampires safe for all times, as long as she lived. Its said Vampires live for eternity, but that's not true. Not entirely. Certain ways are to kill a Vampire. And once they are found out, you can kill off even a whole clan of us. Without a problem. Slayers did all they could, they stopped fighting for awhile. She became suspicious, started looking for them herself. When she thought they had all gone, they attacked. New methods of attacking and she soon couldn't hold them off. Not all of them. They killed her off. They had thought She was forever gone, went after the rest of the Vampires. One thing they hadn't thought of, was she coming back. Stronger then ever before. She was reincarnated. No one knows how or why, just like with the first one, but all we are for sure of is that She rules over us. Each and every time. Slayers soon found out with the second one and went after her, new methods. More Powerful methods to kill her. More Powerful Methods to kill each and every new Goddess. Every time the Goddess is killed, a new one is born, more Powerful then the last, to a much more devastating world then the one before. Feared greatly, but still respected greatly."I stopped here and glanced at James's face.
His face was set in stone, or so it seemed.finally, he moved and spoked in a low voice.
"What about this centuries Goddess?"
I frowned, shook my head, and shrugged."No one knows. Most likely she hasn't been reincarnated. Which makes us all fear for our lives."
"Why fear?"
"The Goddess is gone, gone from this world. She hasn't been reincarnated, so we have no one to protect us. No one."
"Yes, you do. What is the Goddess' name?"
I cocked my head to the side and looked at him with wonder.
"Her name changes each and every time she's reincarnated. No one knows until she shows her full Power."
Silence followed this statement. Why did he make me tell him all this? Why was he making me go against the rules i had learned to abide by? Wait, why should I abide by them? Boss lied to me about my Powers. What else was he lying to me about? Maybe i was the Goddess. Wow, that'd be so cool if I was. Way to cool. But it'd also be dangerous. I froze at that thought and frowned, remembering when I had first been changed into a Vampire.

'I lay there, breathing deeply. I groaned in pain as the fangs slid out. The pain was incredible. i had never felt pain like this ever before. I shook with pain and fear. I slowly moved to crawl on my hands and knees. I slowly went into the alley not far on my left side. My stomach gave a huge growl and pain seared through me again and the hunger seethed inside me. I swallowed and put my hand to my heart, leaning against the brick wall. I couldn't feel my heart, it wasn't beating anymore. I groaned with exhaustion, pain, and surprise. I sighed softly and closed my eyes. A shuffling of feet caught my attention. My eyes flew open and I spun up and onto the roof.
"We know who are"A whisper filtered through the air.
I hissed.A cold laugh echoed around.
"We know who you are! You can't hide from us! We will find you and kill you!"The voice said softly.
I growled softly.'

"Stevie?"James jolted me out of my reverie.
I glanced at him."Yeah?"I asked tiredly.
"You OK?"
I nodded."Fine."I said softly.
"You sure?"
"Yeah."
"Can you tell me one more thing?"
I looked skeptically at him."What?"
"Tell me, is there anymore Vampires in this town besides your Boss?"
I frowned and shook my head."If there was, Boss didn't tell me."
Thinking of that, I realized that Boss didn't really tell me anything about other Vampires. He didn't like talking about them. None at all. I frowned at that and burrowed my eyebrows.
"Stevie?"Joe this time, worry coated his voice.
"He never told me anything about any other Vampires. Switched the subject whenever I brought it up."I told James.
He frowned and shook his head."What's his name?"
"I don't know. All I know him by is Boss. That's it. Refuses to give any other information besides that."
James stared at me with such intensity that I started to feel a little uncomfortable from the glare, but held my gaze. Something wet was running down my cheeks and when I brought my hand up to wipe it I realized it was tears. I drew in a shaky breath and shook my head violently.
"He lied to me."I hissed, clenching my fists.
"Which is why he is not a real Vampire."James said.
"What are you talking about?"
"Vampires can't lie, no matter how much they try. You were able to tell us you didn't have Powers without a problem because that's what you thought was the truth. It wasn't a lie in your eyes."
Wasn't a lie in my eyes. Well, that did make sense. In a sort of weird way. Why would he lie about being a Vampire? And not tell me anything? Unless... I gasped and looked at James with wide eyes.
"You don't think...?"I started
He shrugged."He probably is, Stevie."He said softly.
My anger flared in me, seething through bloodstream that was cold with hatred. I bared my teeth and growled and my fangs slid out. I felt hands on my shoulder push me back against the wall, my vision blurred.
"Stevie, don't!"I heard Nick near and far."You'll regret it!"
I snarled and threw out a fist. It connected and sent whoever had been holding me sprawling on the floor, screaming in pain. A bark and I was held back with fur hands. i didn't want to be held back. I wanted to attack. I let out a roar of anger and lunged forward and pushed the werewolf away from me. I saw through my blurry vision that he was thrown across the room and slammed into the wall. An uproar started in the kitchen, the windows smashed open around me and men in black appeared, holding daggers in their hands.
"No! Don't hurt her!"I heard Nick shout out.
One came towards me, I recognized that prowl. I screamed in fury and launched towards him. He smiled coldly and threw out a fist, slamming it in my stomach, sending me flying backwards into the wall. I slid down the wall, jumped up, and snarled. The other men came towards me, ready for attack. I roared in frustration and launched at the nearest one. Silver tainted the air, but I didn't care. I was hungry. I knocked him against the floor and sank my fangs into his neck. He screamed in pain.
"Stevie, no! We can get you blood! Just don't attack them!"Joe yelled from a distance.
I drew in the blood, I didn't care what he said. I felt a sharp pain in my back and flew backwards. I hissed in pain, but my hunger increased immensely. I wanted more. i felt about to explode if i didn't get fed. The wind let in a soft breeze and the smell drifted towards me again. The delicious smell. I licked my bloodied lips and moved towards James.
"Stevie!"Joe yelled, panicking.
I ignored him and went towards James. His blood would heal me. Make my hunger go away for a little while. Make any pain and hurt disappear. Make me better at everything. Make me better. I wanted him. And only him. Something slammed into me, sending me flying into the wall. I roared with anger again and attack my attacker. I bit my fangs into the neck and tasted blood I had been smelling for months now. I drew back and looked at my attacker. Joe lay there. I gasped, blood dripped down my fangs, ran down my neck, and onto my shirt. I swallowed and tasted blood running down my throat.
"Joe!"I hissed in anger and frustration.
A cold laugh filtered through the silent air. I whipped around and snarled. I lunged for him and knocked him into the wall.
"He's losing breath!"Nick shouted.
I spun on my heel and darted to Joe's side. i bent down and covered his throat with my hand. A light emitted from my hand and shot into his throat. I felt the blood leak back in and the hold on his neck close up. Joe let out a strangled breath. I let him go and crouched on my heels. He groaned in pain and tried to sit up. I pushed down on him and knew exactly what to say.Although, I had no idea before then what to do let alone say.
"Stay. You don't want to move."I told him.
He lay still and stared up at me. I looked into his eyes and knew he forgave me even without an apology. I stood up and turned around. the Knights stood watching me carefully, my brothers and James stood behind them. Zach was full Werewolf, Cody had his wand out, and Joshua's smell was horrifyingly disgusting. Demi's hand was wrapped in water, ready to strike. They were all looking at me. I knew they were going to strike at me if I went after someone again. I had to control myself, no matter how badly I wanted to kill the Knights and Slayers. Except Nick. Nick tried to save me. Why would he do that? I felt immense relief at him. A great weight felt like it was lifted from my shoulders and my mind cleared. I knew what i had to do once again. I put my hands together in prayer form and started to slowly spin in a circle. Every new cycle brought me a faster spin and soon i was spinning furiously fast. It would've been uncontrollable if it was someone other then me and i had tried this yesterday of course. I brought my arms straight out on either side of me and water swirled around my hands. I lifted my palms towards the ceiling and stopped spinning. I threw my palms in their directions and sprayed at the Knights. They roared in anger and went down, trying to block their selves from the water. It became a massive wave at them and they were washed out. When I doused the water enough to look at them, they were knocked out. I groaned and my knees buckled. My fangs slid back into my mouth and I put my face in my hands. I drew in a shaky breath and my throat burned with leftover blood from Joe. I lifted my head up and looked back at him. His eyes were closed, he was breathing restfully.
"He needs to get in his bed. He needs rest."I said in a scratchy voice.
I stood up, weak. James stepped towards me. Amazement sparkled in his baby-blue eyes. I felt guilty.
"James..."I started, but he held up a hand to stop me.
He stepped over to me and smiled down at me."Its OK. I caused that wind. So its fine."
I scowled at him."What?"
"I caused the wind. I had to."
"WHY? YOU MADE ME ATTACK JOE!!!"I screeched at him.
"And Joe knew what would happen. You were attacking anyone who came near you or you got near to. Look, he can't afford to die and neither can any of the rest of us except those Knights. But you can't kill them now, otherwise you'll want to go on a killing spree. You need to learn to control yourself."
It wasn't a lie. Not a lie at all. I crouched down and breathed deeply and calmed my shaking body. I stood up and looked at the Knights with hardened eyes, then back at James. I gave a sharp nod and turned back to the Knights. Boss stirred and sat up, he looked right at me and smiled coldly. I glared at him and raised a palm, shutting his opening mouth up.
"You will not speak one bit. You will listen to me."I said in a deep voice.
His eyes widened in shock, but he sat there, quietly.
"You can go, but the minute you leave the premises of this land you will immediately forget everything that happened. You will go back to your life of killing off Vampires and not being their Boss. Is that understood?"The words flowed from my mouth, not even entering my mind."You will hunt down us again. Vampire after Vampire. You'll remember that I'm the Vampire Goddess, but that's all you'll and your little clan will remember about me. Is that understood?"
Silence followed and he nodded quickly. I flicked my wrists and raised my voice.
"Wake."I demanded and the Knights startled from their knocked out composures."Begone."I said in a much higher voice, but much deeper.
They stood up and filed out the kitchen back door and into the night. I snarled in their direction and I saw them start to run towards the end. I breathed deeply and leaned back against the wall and closed my eyes.
"Stevie, you alright?"Nick asked.
"Why did you try to save me?"I asked him.
"Because...because...because...."He faltered on the edge of words.
I opened my eyes and stared at him curiously. He stood there, the words on the tip of his tongue, but he couldn't spit them out.
"Nick, just say what you want to tell your little sister."James said quietly, his eyes never left my face.
"You're my little sister. I'm sorry for how I treated you this past week.I am really sorry. Please forgive me."The words piled out of his mouth.
I stared blankly at him and nodded, showing I accepted his apology. I couldn't smile. I wanted to ask something, but I couldn't until Joe woke up. I turned towards him, Kevin and Cody were slowly carrying him to his room. I watched as they left and followed in their suit, stopping at the bottom of the steps. I watched as they preceded up slowly and then turned towards the living room and went into it. I sat down on the couch and moved Nick's silver cross away from me. It didn't burn one bit. I didn't expect it to. James and Nick entered a few minutes after me. They sat down in the armchairs, I kept staring at the blank screen of the t.v.. We sat in silence for awhile.
"Stevie, it wasn't your fault."Nick told me.
I didn't move. Sure, it wasn't my fault, but it sure felt like it. Something Boss had told me kept going through my mind. Something that always went through my mind, no matter what. It always just popped up when it could and wanted. It played in my mind, played with who I was. Boss had told me it so many times, yet he had told me it only once. It swam around in my mind forever and ever. It just swam in there. I wanted it to stop at sometimes, but then again, at sometimes, I had thought it was meant to be there. Stuck in my brain for just this day.
"The Vampire Goddess is half-human half-Vampire."I whispered the memory.
"Yes. That's true."James whispered.
I lifted my right hand and put it to my heart. A gentle beating under my hand told me my heart was back in motion, but my bloodstream was as cold as ever before. I kept staring at the blank t.v., my hand stayed on my newly beating heart. Was it new? I mean, it was just my heart. The one I had had before I turned into a vampire. So was it new? I closed my eyes and saw something I didn't want to see.

'Fangs protruded out of Her mouth and she smiled coldly at me. Her chocolate brown eyes were wide open as she looked at me.Her dark chocolate shoulder length hair framed her pale face and blood-red lips. She stared at me, blood dripping from her fangs, hunger and pain in her eyes. She licked her lips. I could hear her heart beating, but she was a Vampire. How was that possible?'

My eyes flew open. I was on the ground. James and Nick stood above me, concern on the faces. I was breathing deeply and panting.
"You OK, Stevie?"
I sat up quickly and nodded. I jumped up and looked carefully at James.
"Is there more then one Vampire Goddess a century?"I asked him slowly.
He shook his."No, why?"
"Well, then, the century of Vampire Goddess' have ended."
He raised his eyebrows."Sorry?"
"I just saw Ammi, my best friend, a 'Goddess' "
"Really?"James asked, amazed."Awesome! Its finally happening!"He said, amazement coated his voice, his eyes sparkling.
"What?"
"The Century of No Lies. Legend goes for it that three Vampire Goddess' and Three Saviors gather together to defeat the most intolerable Vampire Slayer known to mankind history and the most Powerful Vampire Clan."
I raised my eyebrows at him."Most Powerful Vampire Clan? Whose that?"I asked, skeptically.
"No one knows until she is found, but you had better call your friend there and get her over here. If she just recently got changed, she'll be going through what you did in the beginning."
I nodded and pulled out my cell phone. It wasn't a lie. Not one bit of it and I knew this. I knew it without even wanting to know it. No lie. No lie whatsoever. It was the Century of no lies. Three rings, then Ammi picked up.
"Hello?"
"Ammi? Ammi, can you come over?"i asked, my voice choked.
"I can't. I'm busy with something."She said slowly.
I rolled my eyes and sighed softly."I know what your going through, its why you need to come over."
"You don't know what I'm going through!"She scolded.
"I do! Your a Vampire!"I said quickly.
A small pause then, spoken softly."How did you know?"
"I am one also. Its why you need to come over! We need to talk."I paused and glanced at James."And you need to meet someone who can explain a lot better then myself. I have a lot to learn myself as well."
"OK, I'll be right over in about ten minutes top. My new speed is incredible!"
I smiled softly."It is great isn't it?"
"Sure is. See you when I get there."
"See you."
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

This book has 14 comments. Post your own now!

bri-br said...
Nov. 5 at 4:28 pm
the first sentence got me hooked

ShyKarma said...
love the story could you write more chapters  

KristySparklezThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Of course!!!! not a problem!! As soon as I am able, I will!!!!

ShyKarma replied...
awsome     

shy.. said...
you should write more i want to know what will happen next :)

I will definitey write more!!! as soon i possible can(: Thank you!!! just keep an eye out for more!!!

emilybwrites said...
great job i loved it! could you check out my peom "Forgotten Domain" and comment/rate! it would mean a lot!!!

JonesychicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
sure thing! ill get right on it!

spiritofdeath said...
I really enjoyed it! I never been such a fan of vampire novels, but now I think I'm changed! :) Keep it up!

Jun. 3, 2012 at 2:13 am
I'm glad to hear that! I'll be working on it more!

littlemisssarbear said...
Jul. 11, 2011 at 5:24 am
I like your instinctive and imaginative work :D it had an atmosphere about it that keeps readers wanting more and more until they split into two :) keep going...I'll be keeping tabs on your work ahaa :D

Thank you so much! And I will definitey be wrting more as soon i get more inspiration(:

Angelnight16 said...
i've only read the first chapter so far, and i think its sweet. only i think you might want to vary your word choice, and add a few more descriptions. but other than that keep up the good work!!

thanks!!! i really appreciate it!!! ill be posting more as soon as i can!!!