Vampire Goddess

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Midnight Stroll

I peered out the side of my bedroom door. No one was there, but my brothers lights were on. I dashed out of my bedroom and down the stairs. I stopped at the front door and opened the closet door and took out my cape. I threw it over my shoulders and pulled up the hood. It was dark out, I didn't need it, but I had no clue when I would be back. I opened the door and stepped off the front porch steps. I was getting fast. I smiled and dashed to the street. I started to walk at a humanly fast pace. It seemed slow compared to the speed I was getting used to.
Vampires were Creatures of the Night, yes, but we weren't dangerous like human made us out to be. Sure, when we were hungry, we were cranky and attacked, but didn't everyone get cranky when hungry? We could see ourselves in the mirror, that was a stereotype of we couldn't. I didn't get it. Why did humans believe we couldn't see ourselves? I guessed it would be easier for them to believe to be able to tell if anyone was a vampire or not. That would explain a lot. Like how some believed that our fangs were always exposed. That was pointless to believe. And what about the stake to our hearts? I mean, come on! We don't even have hearts, so how was it going to kill us? Only silver and fire could do the job. My hand twitched thinking of silver. The burning came back. I clenched my teeth together and sighed softly. You'd have to get us pinned to be able to set us on fire. But the silver, that was dangerous. Most humans didn't believe in that, nor did they know about silver. Most at least. The only ones who really knew were The Slayers. They were dangerous. Very dangerous to be around. And it was dangerous for me to live with one. I had to make it work though. I just had to.
I made it to the end of my street, now on main street. i crouched down and launched myself up. I flew over the houses, stores, and streetlamps, right on the other side by the alley I was shooting for. I sped into it and skidded to a stop in front of the wall at the end of the alley. I spun around and jumped up. I landed right in front a metal door half-way down the alley. This all took a second. I was getting really good at this. I smiled into the dark. I couldn't wait until I got hold of the rest of my powers. i backed up and my arm slammed into something cold and sharp. I cursed under my breath and looked at my arm. The skin started to fold over the slash. It healed itself. I looked down the alley, no one was there. I turned to the door and pushed it open. It creaked open, sliding over cement. I stepped in and slid the door shut. I slipped my shoes off, stepping on the cold cement. i unhooked my cape from around my neck and let it drop to the ground. I swiped my contents off the ground and threw them in a corner. I moved forward and crouched down in a corner across the room. I put both my palms to the cold cement floor and held them there. Our bodies could heal, not a problem. They could heal from anything that was not silver. The thought of silver burned my hand again. I stared at the door. I could see it perfectly. i could see in the dark perfectly. That reminded me that humans thought we couldn't go out in the sun or any light. As a matter of fact, we had no trouble whatsoever being out in bright sunlight. Sure, the sun hurt our eyes, but that was only when we were hungry. Deadly hungry. We didn't burn up or sparkle or anything of that nonsense. Nothing happened really. We just sometimes preferred not to go out in the day, the night was really our thing. Hence the name, Creature of the Night.
I watched the door carefully and groaned. The cool sidewalk was soothing my burning hand. I lifted it up and looked at it. It was stitched over with new skin. I drew in my eyebrows and put my palm back to the cement. A hissing sound came from under my hand. A soft burning sensation that felt good rippled through my hand. I saw smoke rise from my palm. i lifted my palm and the shape of the cross was gone. I stared at it. That was weird.But it felt good that my hand was no longer have a blistering symbol of a cross. I twisted my palm around and around. It didn't burn at all. Nice touch. I looked at the cement and snorted. The cross was now in the ground. Wow. I loved this place. I was glad I decided to come here instead of going to meet Boss at The Cavern. I stood up and looked down the hallway to my left. I started to walk down it, the air was cooling the farther I went down. I sniffed the air, it seemed like I was doing that a lot lately. The air was thick with cool water. I licked my lips, but kept my steady pace. I soon heard the trickling of soothing water. I sighed a sigh of relief. Then, the moon shone down on me and a pool of water lay before, heading somewhere deep beneath this cavern. I stepped towards it and the surface rippled. The Burnett hair of my little surface surface, followed in suit by her face. Her tail could be seen at the surface, she was smiling as she looked behind her.
"Come on up!"She trilled.
Another head popped up, another tail was viewed under the surface. A squeak of surprise escaped from the full lips of Demi's friend. Demi spun around and faced me. i smiled and waved at her.
"Stevie! What are you doing here!"She shrieked.
I dashed, bent down, and covered her mouth.
"Sh! These walls aren't as thick as you think!"I hissed."This is just my thinking place. I didn't know you came here."
She lifted a wet hand and removed my hand from her mouth.
"Yeah, we come here. Its our place."She motioned to the girl next to her, who staring at me.
i looked at her and smiled, I recognized.
"Hey, Sam."I greeted her.
"Hi, Stevie. Good to see you out of the house."
I smiled hugely, bearing my teeth, she gasped.
"I know. I'm a Vampire. Well, your mermaid, I guess it really doesn't matter, huh?"
She smiled at me and shook her head."Guess not. Was that why you've stuck to the house these past few months?"
I nodded."Yeah, but don't get me started on anything, OK? I'm to hungry at the moment and when I'm hungry I'm cranky and weak. So please don't."
A sharp pain seared in my mouth and my fangs slid down again. I groaned as the pain intensified as the angs slid farther then before.The top of my chin is where they stopped. I ran a finger over the edges. Sharper then before. This wasn't good. I stood up.
"I had better go."I hissed.
I turned around and dashed back up the hallway. I swept to my contents, scooped them back up, and quickly put them on. I left the room quickly and quietly and jumped over the building as soon as my feet hit the dirt in the alley. I flew over the buildings and landed on the end of main street. I pulled my cloak down so it wasn't wrinkled up and started swiftly down the road. My fangs were still out.
"Hey, sexy!"I heard a holler form across the street.
I was in no mood for this. I turned, crouched, launched, and landed right in front of the boys. They backed right into the wall they were standing on. I snarled at them, showing my teeth. Their eyes widened in fright and they both cowered under my gaze. I could smell their blood pumping faster as their adrenaline raced. I smiled coldly. I struck out at one of the boys, knocking him unconscious. The other one screamed and jumped up and started to run. I launched and landed in front of him, facing him.
"Going somewhere?"I hissed.
He stumbled backward and hit the ground hard. I lurched to him, grabbing his shoulders, and pinning him to the ground. I sat on him and laughed at the fright in his eyes. I bent down and sank my teeth into his delicious blood. He screamed in pain. The sweet texture of his blood seeped out. It ran down his neck, over my lips, and into my mouth. I drank to my hearts content, most likely draining him blood. I jumped up from him and advanced on the other boy who was still out cold on the wall. I sank my teeth into him and drank even more. Finally, I lurched back. He was most likely drained as well. I growled. I wanted more. I was still hungry. I turned and made my way swiftly home.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

ShyKarma said...
love the story could you write more chapters  

KristySparklezThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:24 pm :
Of course!!!! not a problem!! As soon as I am able, I will!!!!

ShyKarma replied...
Apr. 27, 2013 at 3:40 pm :
awsome     

shy.. said...
you should write more i want to know what will happen next :)

Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:19 pm :
I will definitey write more!!! as soon i possible can(: Thank you!!! just keep an eye out for more!!!

emilybwrites said...
great job i loved it! could you check out my peom "Forgotten Domain" and comment/rate! it would mean a lot!!!

JonesychicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 23, 2011 at 3:18 pm :
sure thing! ill get right on it!

spiritofdeath said...
Jul. 12, 2011 at 3:24 pm:
I really enjoyed it! I never been such a fan of vampire novels, but now I think I'm changed! :) Keep it up!

Jun. 3, 2012 at 2:13 am :
I'm glad to hear that! I'll be working on it more!

littlemisssarbear said...
Jul. 11, 2011 at 5:24 am:
I like your instinctive and imaginative work :D it had an atmosphere about it that keeps readers wanting more and more until they split into two :) keep going...I'll be keeping tabs on your work ahaa :D

Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:57 pm :
Thank you so much! And I will definitey be wrting more as soon i get more inspiration(:

Angelnight16 said...
Jun. 23, 2011 at 3:06 pm:
i've only read the first chapter so far, and i think its sweet. only i think you might want to vary your word choice, and add a few more descriptions. but other than that keep up the good work!!

Jul. 2, 2011 at 9:36 pm :
thanks!!! i really appreciate it!!! ill be posting more as soon as i can!!!