Gracie's Locket

Author's note: I was searching for new horror books to read on the internet and came across this one book called...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I was searching for new horror books to read on the internet and came across this one book called Bad Girls Don't Die and instantly after reading the summary, I fell in love with the plot.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Next »

The Rise To The Fall

I lifted a box off the moving van in my skinny light skinned arms. My arms began to shake of the weight and pressure. Travis, my brother, grabbed the box from me. He grunted as always when I acted like I was weak. His had rock abs showed through his gym shirt. His black hair stood straight up in spikes. His grey eyes went cold as always ever since the man left. Not technically left us like married again, but more like suicide. Long story and evidently, we don't have time for the sympathy or empathy. Whatever you want to call it. He's dead, my mom moved on, Travis is pissed, I'm depressed, and Gracie. Well for her she's delusional. It's like she forgot all about her own father who raised for five beautiful years. Now here he comes wanting another box. His stupid blond hair falling in front of his face. His blue eyes sparkled, but made my grey eyes go cold. " Pass me a box." I stared at him and stared at the truck. I continued to do that for five minutes. Finally, he got the hint and took a box himself. It's not that I hate him. It's just he thinks he can just waltz into our lives and try to make us happy. Why doesn't he just stop trying. I'm not buying it and neither is Travis. I crossed my arms over my chest as the wind kissed my cheek and whispered in my ear, brushing my black hair with grey and hot pink streaks. I looked around the small neighborhood hoping to find some cool people to hang out with. Dead wrong. Everyone here is a prep, an airhead, a jock, and a complete whore, and d-bag. I think I'm going to love it here! Sarcasm if you didn't quite catch it. I guess you're just like one of them. Great. I have preps reading about my freakish life. Congrats! Gracie came running out the house laughing and giggling with Eric close behind her. " Stop it, daddy!" I want to slap him so f*ing hard. I glared down at Gracie and she instantly closed her mouth. That will shut her up. Eric cleared his throat. " Gracie and I are going into town to pick up some food for dinner. Want to come?" I searched around for something interesting, but no luck. " Whatever." I got in the passenger seat before Eric could ' help me in'. Gracie sat in the back. " Amy." I rolled my eyes and turned around to face her. She looked so much like mom with her wavy black hair and sparkly silver eyes. However, she had dad's smile and sense of humor and energy. God how I miss him. " Yeah?" " Why don't you like daddy?" I couldn't hold it in anymore. " Because he is not our dad! He's just some dude who thinks he can fix everything!" I flopped back in my seat and flet Eric looking at me. I didn't even bother to look at his sad face. What a complete little boy! I whipped out my phone and began texting my old friend from before I moved, Kay. Hey, Kay. Hey.. sup? Made daddy dearest cry :) Good for u! :) Gotta go tho! Luv u and text u later tonight Kai So much for being there. I decided to dial Chris's number, Kay's cousin. After the second ring he answered. " Hello," he managed to say while eating a Subway sandwich. I know that guy like the back of my hand. " Hey." " Sup with you," he asked rather bored. " Car. Boring. Save. Me." " No. Can. Do. My. Love." I could tell he was winking through his phone. I rolled my eyes as I heard him laugh. " You're no use." Before he could say anything else, I hung up. Freaky Clan Friends are not the type of people to call at 6:00 p.m.

daniellehomrich said...
Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:33 am:
Great story i loved it!

JonesychicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 12:14 am:
is relly good keep it up

dragonbee said...
Jun. 26, 2011 at 10:29 pm:
amazing it abosuletly blew my mind

DanielorDan said...
Jun. 25, 2011 at 10:59 pm:
Love it! Amazing detail! You are a great writter. Is this the whole story though? Oh well, I still like the style of writing, kept me at the edge of my chair...

spiritofdeath replied...
Jun. 25, 2011 at 11:10 pm :
Im not done just got sidetracked. Thanks! I will continue no doubt in that