Secrets Kept Within

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »

Take Off

Finally, the pain stopped. For the time being. I laid there, on the ground, breathing hard. My ears were ringing. I could feel hands holding me. I heard a thud on the ground, I knew one of my guns had fallen out. I knew the FBI would take little notice to it, so I didn't care at all. My body was shaking from pain, tears, and exhaustion. My throat filled with vile. It was sour. It was nasty. I looked up under heavy eyelids at the FBI detectives. The middle one was off talking to Boss, he looked upset. The other two, were holding me down. I put my face against the cool asphalt and breathed deeply. I swallowed down the vile. The men got up and watched me.
"Why does a girl like you have a gun?"
"Protection."I grunted, standing up, wiping my eyes.
"What was that all about?"
I looked at both of them, tired.
"What was what all about?"
"The screaming and crying and all that."
I looked the tallest man in the eyes and shook my head."Honestly, I don't know."I said calmly, it was way better then how I felt.
I knew they could see through the facade in my tone. I was shaking, uncontrollably, I was sweating a cold, clammy, sweat, and I knew my eyes were showing something then what I was used to. The reason behind this, I wasn't used to it. I felt tears start up again. I quickly wiped them away with the back of my hand. My face was now not only dirt stained, but tear streaked. I looked like I had been hiding for quite some time. This wasn't a good look.
"Protection? You been on the run girl?"
I took in a shaky breath and pointed a shaky finger at Boss.
"His fault."My voice was still calm.
I drew in sharp breath and fell on my knees. I put my hands over my face and let out a low moan.
"Are you alright?"
"Please make sure my family is OK."I said from between my hands.
"What do you mean?"
I stood up,shaking. I backed up even more. i shook my head.
"Make sure my family is safe, please. I have to go. Please, don't follow me."I begged.
I spun on my heel. I stepped a little and spun around on the roof top. I looked back at the FBI. They stood, backs towards me, staring at where I had just stood. I started to feel bad. Maybe i should just go turn myself in. i shook my head. No. I could see Boss getting arrested. I would meet him in jail. That's where I would kill him. After I had my family back together I would turn myself in. So they wouldn't have to suffer anymore because of me. I saw them all get in the car, then take off. I watched until they were nothing more then a speck on the road. I had my take off without any trouble, but I wasn't going back. I knew Zach and Joe would go home soon, but I also knew that I had to go and find the rest of my family. So take off without a goodbye was my only option. Yet again. I vowed this would be the last time. I vowed to reunite my family and turn myself in. I vowed to kill Boss before I rested down. I vowed to never take off without a goodbye again. I vowed to myself that I wouldn't kill anyone except Boss. He would be my last killing. Ever. Take off or not, I would kill him. Goodbye or hello, he would die. I jumped down from the roof and started walking in the opposite direction the SUV had gone, stuffing my hands in my pockets. I was exhausted and full of emotions that I had no recognition of. i would have to try and figure them out on this way. I didn't want them to get in my way of any of my plans. Take off of the emotions. That's what I was going to call it. God, I felt tired. I sighed. This was going to be complicated.

This book has 3 comments. Post your own now!

Matt C. said...
That was amazing! It truly captivated and entranced me and I will probably read it again and again. There are slight grammer issues ,but otherwise it is a thrilling book!

dragonbee said...
wow...... there are not words to say how great ,no fantasic that was

Jonesychic replied...
thanks!!!:) ill b positng more soon as i can!!!! im working on it now