Fourth Period Hell Room

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 Next »

Dying to Meet the Family

The next morning, I woke up with a bad feeling in the pit of my gut. My stomach was turning slowly and painfully after I heard my mother’s horror story that she told me and John last night. I sat down in the kitchen while my mom was fixing my plate of breakfast. I never thought my mother could have gone through something like that. She was always the normal girl in high school that never got into a fight or never gotten into any type of trouble. I couldn’t look at her like that anymore. She seems a lot stronger than I have ever thought of her before. She sits the plate in front of me, and the aroma of pancakes, eggs, toast and bacon started slowing down the painful twist in the pit of my gut. I struggled eating after the first, and then finished eating like normal. My mom sat next to me while I was eating and gave me a bit of a pep talk before I walked out before I went to school.

“Son,” she started holding my hand. “I talked to a detective after we talked last night. They are going to send an undercover car under surveillance after we come home from the Open House. I wanted to make sure that you were ready to go through with this.”

I took a deep breath, and I had to think for a second. My mom was ready for this more than I was. I had to be as brave as her, and do the right thing for her….and for Jake.

“I want this guy in jail more than anything, mom.” I said with a smile.

She smiled back at me and gave me a hug whispering ‘I love you’ in my ear. I told her I loved her back and grabbed my backpack and walked out of the house. It was awkward walking to school alone without Jake telling me jokes and talking about the crazy videos that he saw on YouTube. I know he’s watching me telling me not to be afraid. Things are going to get better along the way, starting today.

During the first few classes I was a bit less focused than usual. I was more focused about the outcome after tonight’s dinner and whether or not if things are exactly going to look better. I didn’t participate in gym and had my eyes set on the rim that fell on Jake. The rim was replaced with a new rim that looked like the NBA had shipped them over to our school.

The bell rings for me to go to home room, and I knew that it was going to be the worst place to be during today. I took my time getting to my locker to switch my books for my next set of classes. I looked around to see if John was going to visit me before I went to home room. But he was nowhere in sight, he must have already went upstairs in his home room. I switched my books and walked upstairs and bumped into John on the stairway to the second floor.

“Hey, bro. I was just on my way to your locker.” He said looking at my face. “You okay? Dude you look like you’re going to hurl on my shoes.”

“No, I’m okay. You’re still coming to the house for dinner, right?”

“Yeah, for sure. I wasn’t going to miss this for the world, bro.” he replied.

“Alright, I better get to class before the bell rings.”

“Alright meet me at the parking lot, I’ll give you a lift home.” He said walking to his class.

I was glad that John was going to be at the dinner with me. At least I knew that not only my family was going to be safe, but my only friend was going to be safe as well. I walked inside the classroom and Mr. Reed was sitting at his desk. I didn’t want to talk to him nor face him so I sat down and just played solitaire on my computer. The class bells rings and he walks over to the door and closes it.

“Alright class,” he said walking back to his desk. “Tonight is a special night here at Trinity. Tonight is the Open House.” He announced.

The other students filled the classroom with sighs and lip smacking. They knew as well as I did that Open House is just a code for secret trick for parents to chat with the teachers and find out what we have been doing so far this week. I wasn’t worried about that though, since my mother was the only person that knew the truth that had been going on with me this week.

“That means, that I will get to talk to the parents who have kids that are tardy, the parents that have kids that don’t show up at all, and of course the parents who have been nothing but a pain ever since I have started here.” He said looking at me.

This guy was very much trying to ruin my life here, and I barely graduated out of here. I can’t wait to see the cops slap handcuffs, throw him behind bars and throw away the key. If I’m lucky, maybe they would give him the chair. After a few minutes of rambling, the bell finally rang and I was off to my next class. I finally walked out of the class room without being threatened by that psycho.

After school, I went to the student parking lot to meet up with John at his car. I noticed he wasn’t sitting on the hood of his car smoking a cigarette with MetalSkullz blasting out of his car. I waited near his car and called his phone to make sure things were okay with him.

“Yeah?” he answered.

“Hey, John, where are you at?”

“Yeah, sorry bro that prick Reed got me in the office with him and the principle. Once I get done talking to them I will see you there.” He replied.

I hang up my phone and leaned on the bumper of the car and waited. Something told me that tonight was going to get a lot worse before things get better.

Meanwhile in the office……

I couldn’t believe that these jerks put me in this office. All I did was make a simple joke after that jerk Reed said insulted me. I know I’m not dumb, but the job description of a teacher doesn’t involve insulting a student’s intelligence. Where ever these two jerks were, I wished they hurried up and get here so I can roll with Randy and his family to the open house. I heard the door open, and it was only Reed coming inside the office with a look like he wanted to sock me in the face. So, I stood up and kept my composure. I kept my hands in my pocket sqeezing my phone in my hand.

“Alright, Jonathan, I am going to make this clear. You and Randy have nothing but the biggest nuisance since I have started here. I have tried to be nice and let you slide with your childish insults and you stupid snickering in my classroom.” He said.

“If you got a problem with me just say it.”

“Oh, I do have a problem with you, and the Gibbons, and Jake. And if you keep testing me Jonathan, you’re going to be ending up just like them…dead.”

“is that a threat.” I asked

“Consider it whatever you want. Just know that here, I’m your superior and you follow my rules.” He said with a smirk.

Just as the tension was building up, Principle Diaz walks into the office and seen me and Reed face to face.

“Alright gentlemen, take a seat. I don’t want a brawl in my office.” He said sitting behind his desk.

I decided to stand while Reed took a seat next to me. Diaz look at me while and asked what wsa the reason for me being in his office this time. “Mr. Diaz, I was teaching the class today and Jonathan took it upon himself to insult me in front of the whole class repetitively.” Said Reed.

“Is that true, son?” Diaz asked.

“That’s only half of the story, dude. I was in the classroom and I was actually trying to learn something. Then when I asked a question, Mr. Jackass here started insulting me.”I replied.

“Son, you’re going to have to watch your language in my office. Mr. Reed you obligation of a teacher is to TEACH the children, not belittle them. As for you Jonathan apart from the other bigger problems you have been involved in this school. I can’t give you detention since we are going to have the Open House tonight. I am sure your father is to be up here and is going to talk to Mr. Reed himself and try to come up with a solution between you two to get along better. Now gentlemen, you are both free to go. I have to finish checking on the rest of the preparations for tonight.” Said Diaz.

Reed walked out slamming the office door in my face, and I opened the door and made my way out. Reed gets back into my face again in the hallway.

“You got away with this one this time, but rests assure by the end of the night you will not be missed when I end you. Not even your father,” he said.

The only thing that was holding me back was the thought of me seeing this prick in handcuffs while the cops take him into the squad car. I had to hurry back to my car and fill randy in about what just happened.

Back at the Student Parking Lot…

Fifteen minutes later, I see John storming out of the school. Whatever happened in there I hoped he didn’t do anything to mess up the plan for tonight. He unlocks the car and tells me to jump in.

“What happened?” I asked.

“This guy thinks he’s so damn clever, huh?” he replied jumping into the car taking out his Iphone.

“What are you talking about?”

“That prick just talked a lot heat in there. He even admitted to killing Jake and the Gibbons.“ he replied.

“Was Diaz there when he said it?”

“Nope, he came in after me and Reed starting heating up.” He replied.

John looks at his phone and noticed that the recording app was activated on his phone. He looked at the phone with a confused look on his face.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

He hit the playback button and it played when John and Reed were in the office going at it. The playback even had Reed admitting that he killed the Gibbons and Jake. John and I looked at each other and knew that Mr. Reed’s career was coming to an end.

“Do you know what we can do with this if we take this to the detectives with the file at the house?” I asked.

“We’re talking twenty-five years to life with this clown. We got this in the bag.” Said John starting the car.

We pulled out of the parking lot and started making our way to my house. We went from having a pretty bad day to having the greatest news in the world. We knew that the end was near for Reed

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

The plot is interesting and refreshing, though I hope the new teacher isn't behind the old teacher's disappearance...that would be predictable and trite.

Please check out my novel SuperNOVA and leave your thoughts on it! Thanks :D