Fourth Period Hell Room

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »

The Enemy Within Identity

The screened showed the name with the photo mug shot of none other than Mr. Reed himself. There was a countless list of crimes under his name and different aliases that he was under in ten different states and two different countries.

“My god, this guy was insane.” Jake said.

“My dad’s charge is nothing compared to this.” John replied.

There several charge that he was guilty:

* Charged for illegal explosive in Austin, Texas
* Charged for murdering 10 people in Kentucky
* Charged for murdering 4 people in Las Angeles, California
* Charged for rape and murder in West Virginia, Arizona and in Rhode Island

The list went on from there, and the thing that I was wondering was; how is it that a guy with a dangerous record could become a teacher.

John looks over at the door and notices a light beaming at the door. From that point we had to hurry and the hell out of Trinity and fast. Jake hurried and shuts down the computer and turns off the monitor while John close the file cabinet that we left opened. I stuffed the file in my hoody and opened the window that was near the desk. I climbed out and waited for the others. Jake and jumps through the window as if he was in the Jesse White’s tumble team. John hurries and climbs out of the window and closes it slowly. We high tail it back to his car and pull of before anyone seen us.

We were in the car celebrating that we accomplished getting the file out and that we didn’t get caught. I couldn’t believe it through all the nerves kicking me in the gut and the fear of us getting caught, and we managed to get the golden prize out of there. John turns his headlights on while Jake took a hit out of his asthma pump.

“That was too close.” I said.

“Yeah but we managed to get out of there alive. That‘s all that matters. You guys did great.”John said.

He rushes us back home and drops us off where we met him. Jake and I rushed out the car and ran back home. He runs back home and slides in through his basement door. I rushed up the block and see that the bathroom light was on. I was praying that it was going to be off the second I walked up to the ladder. I didn’t want a good night to be spoiled by getting caught by my parents. I walked slowly through the back yard and Rocky was outside on the porch. He looks up at me and I was praying that he didn’t start barking and running toward me like a police dog. He puts his head back down and falls asleep, he must have had a rough day today. I look at the bathroom window and the light was off, and that meant that I was home free the second I walk up the ladder and through my bedroom window.

I quietly walk through my window and close it shut and remove all my black clothes and switched to my pajama pants. I hide the file in my desk drawer, and jumped into bed and fell asleep.

The next morning, I met up with Jake and walked to school. All we kept talking about was how great the break in was, and how much fun it was. While on our way there, I had that same creepy follower feeling and looked over my shoulder and it was the Corvette again. I told Jake not to turn around and to hurry and walk down the street to see if the car was going to follow us. Every two blocks I turned my shoulder and the Corvette was behind us on our trail. Who was in the car and why was he following us? We were a block away from the school and the Corvette turns a corner. Jake and I ran to the school to make sure that the car would not pick up our trail again. We stopped at the school entrance and catch our breath.

“Who’s in that car?” Jake asked.

“I don’t know, but this has got—“I stopped and looked at the parking entrance and saw the Corvette was pulling into the parking lot.

Jake turns his attention to the parking lot, and watches the car. This had to end; we needed to know who the hell was in that car and we needed to know why he was following us. The driver door opens and Mr. Reed walks out with his suitcase slamming the door shut. He followed Jake and I for days, and now knows where we live.

“This is going to be weird.” Jake said.

“Tell me about it.” I replied.

We hurried back inside the school building before first period had started.

Classes later, I walked over to my locker and I seen Heather walk to the water fountain. I was turning the dial on the lock while she was drinking water out of the fountain. It was as if I was watching a goddess drink from the fountains of gods. I stopped turning the dial and continued watching her. John stopped by my locker and watched along with me, but I didn’t notice that he was standing next to me.

“Wonderful view ain’t it?” said John.

I jumped after he startled me, and I checked my mouth just in case I didn’t droll all over myself.

“Relax dude, I was just going to ask you what you did to that file we snagged yesterday?” he asked.

“It’s safe. I put it in my desk drawer no one is going to find it.” I replied. I said while turning my attention back over to Heather.

“I know her.” Said John.

“You do?” I asked.

“Yeah, I could talk to her for you and see if I can get her to look your way.” He replied.

“That would be great bro.” I said.

“Alright, give me a second.” He says walking over to the fountain.

He taps her on the shoulder and she smile and talks to him. I didn’t understand what he was saying to her, but I wish I could read lips. The next thing I know she was looking at me smiling, and John walked back toward my locker.

“What you tell her?” I asked.

“told her that you were interested in her, and other good stuff that made her looking at you the way she’s looking at you now.” He laughed. “But seriously we got to dig deeper in that record books on Reed. Can we meet at your house tonight?” he asked.

“Sure thing, I will let Jake know and we will look more into this.” I replied.

“Cool, I’ll see you later.” He said walking away to his next class.

I opened my locker and smiled while I was getting book bag out, and placed some books and folders that I had to take back for homework. The next thing I know, there was a big hand that grabbed me by the shoulder that startled me. I turned around and it was Mr. Reed with a smirk on his face.

“Sorry for scaring you Mr. Ericson. I thought I would let you know that if you disrupt me and disrespect me again. There was going to be severe consequences.” He said tightening his grip on my shoulder.

He releases my shoulder and walks down the hall to the office. I had enough of him and his threats and bullying he’s been pressing on me. I had to find a way to dodge him and find a way to stay away from his bad side until the dinner on Friday. I slammed my locker door shut and walked to my gym class. This week was dodge ball week, and I thought it would let out some stress from all of this. I got dressed in the locker room and walked out to the gymnasium. I waited for attendance to be called and looked around for Jake in the class next to mine. He walks into the gym in his uniform and looked like he saw a ghost. The coaches took our attendances and told us to stand in line for a pickup game. I asked Jake what was the matter and he said that he bumped into Mr. Reed a little bit after I did.

“He was all weird man, he was talking about something bad is going to happen since we made fun of him. I don’t know what he’s going to do but I don’t what he’s going to do but I’m scared Randy.” He said.

“Hey, man, relax. I know he’s a little creepy, but he’s going to be in jail soon. We’re not going to get hurt. And plus, he was probably saying that just to scare you or something, so just relax.” I explained to him. I knew that this whole thing was scaring me too, but I didn’t want that to show to Jake. I had to be the strong one out of the group.

The teams were split into two and we took our opposite sides of the wall and had stood behind the red line and waited for the coach to blow the whistle. Jake and I were on separate teams and we decided to take care of our competition before we took each other out of the game. Jim Tarver was on his team and I knew that I was going to be in for a fight in class today. The coach blows the whistle and the red ball war began. I grabbed a ball and threw it at the guy that was trying to take the ball before me, and he was eliminated. Jake catches a ball and takes out the guy who threw it and hits a guy with the ball he caught and eliminated him.

Five minutes later, it was a two on two battle with Jake and Tarver against me and some random guy that was on my side. Jake see a ball roll over to his side and rushed over to grab it. He throws it at me and hits me in the ribs; I was out on the sideline. I had sat down and watch the rest of the game and the kid that was on my team threw a ball at Jake, but he deflected it and it hit a basketball rim that he was standing under. The rim began to shake very loosely and I began to panic and called Jake. He was too into the game and he wasn’t hearing me call his name. The rim starts to collapse and glass from the backboard breaks and crashes all over Jake and the gym floor. The game quickly stop and I rushed over to check on my friend. One of the coaches yelled for someone to call the nurse and an ambulance. The coach called Jake’s name to see if he was conscious, but he was motionless.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

The plot is interesting and refreshing, though I hope the new teacher isn't behind the old teacher's disappearance...that would be predictable and trite.

Please check out my novel SuperNOVA and leave your thoughts on it! Thanks :D