New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Not As It Seems

Author's note: I started to write this piece a couple years ago before putting it aside. I found it a couple...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I started to write this piece a couple years ago before putting it aside. I found it a couple weeks ago and started up again and ended up getting caught up it. Please tell me what you think :) thankyou!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

Images

Everything black, Lilly fills with panic, unable to see or hear, before realizing she can feel. The roughness of calloused hands cradling her as soundlessly gasps, before realizing its Adam. She calms down until that feeling slips away too and she’s left with nothing but her own thoughts in a world with no hot and cold, no bright or dark.
Oh, God I’m dead. She thinks.
It felt like hours, floating in her own thoughts as things started to slip away, trying to focus on one thing but unable to as it slipped away. She was trying to remember where she lived when she felt a tug on her hand, relief surging through her until she sees the panicked look on the little boys face, his unnatural silvery blue eyes glistening in the dim light.
“Lilly?” the boy whispers.
Lilly’s eyes widen as she starts talking, having no control over the words coming out, “Lucas, are they here to take you?” she asks calmly before gasping as she tries to contain the foreign words.
He pushes his wild black hair away from his face, eyes glancing around and locking on three men standing but ten feet from them. The man in the middle was tall and skinny in long black robes, his hand perched on a tall cane smooth gray hair slicked back, shadows covering his face. The others stood on either side of him, shorter but bulkier, obviously guarding him, faces pointed towards the boy.
“Lucas, we will not hurt you,” the man in the middle says, voice low and menacing.
Again Lilly tried to contain the string of words, but failed, “You’re lying. Stay away from him Marcai, he is safe in the guard of the Protectors,” she’s confident, unaffected by Marcai’s cold smile.
“For now,” he states before turning and walking into the darkness.
Lucas fixes his gaze on Lilly again, “Are you leaving again?” he asks, lip quivering and Lilly notices how young he his, maybe 6 years old. His round cheeks that should be full of color are drained and lifeless.
“I’ll see you soon,” she says, knowing it is true. Slowly a tear escapes his eye as Lilly impulsively hugs him before walking away, his silvery blue eyes fading into the distance.

*
Lilly hears the beeping first, slow but consistently annoying. Cold droplets run down her face quickly and her eyes flutter open but everything is blurry.
“Lilly? Calm down you’re okay, everything’s going to be fine,” Adams soothing voice fills her ears and she with a start she realizes she’s sobbing. Wiping her eyes she looks around, trying to sit up, before hands push her down. She looks around trying to catch her breath. Mom, Adam, and two nurses stare at her and she stares back. Mom is crying loudly and Adam has tears at the brim of his eyes.
“What am I doing here?” Lilly asks, looking around.
“You don’t remember?” Adam asks, the trace of tears gone so quickly, she must have imagined them. Shaking her head she starts to sit up slowly before getting comfortable when no one protests.
“You blacked out at school,” he says, and everything comes back as he moves his chair next to her bed. She remembers everything at lunch, the unbearable pain, and finally of the dream with the boy, sayings, “Sorry I puked on you,” laughing quietly.
Lilly wanted to tell him about the little boy, but something told her to wait until they were alone. His hand sat on the edge of her sheets and she longed to hold it but held back. She wanted him to hold her hand while she told him everything. But she couldn’t think of little Lucas, it made her want to cry.
“Oh I didn’t mind,” he grins, winking.
Turning to the closest nurse she asks, “Can I go home?”
“Not yet,” the nurse says, “we need to take some more tests.”
“Okay,” she says, looking around for her mom, relieved when she sees she’s’ not crying.
“It’ll be okay,” her mom says, following the nurses to the waiting room, “I’m gonna go get some coffee, get some rest honey,” she smiles sadly before she’s gone.
Turning to Adam she starts telling him about her dream but he interrupts her,
“You can tell me later,” he says, seeing her eyelids droop, “get some sleep,” he starts to stand up.
“Stay?” Lilly asks, half asleep. He doesn’t respond but she feels the ghost of a kiss on her forehead before she’s swept into unconsciousness.

Smpowers13 said...
Sept. 25, 2013 at 8:28 am:
Perfect! I love this! Keep up the good work!

WritingJakob13 said...
Mar. 6, 2012 at 10:50 pm:
A few grammer problems, but with that aside, a great story . i can't wait until you post more. Honestly, spectacular work. (:

MareBear24 said...
this is awesome, Morgan! (:

morgankathleen19 replied...
Jan. 21, 2012 at 10:51 pm :
you read it :D yay. ahah, and thanks

tEeNwRiTeR126 said...
Jan. 8, 2012 at 1:10 am:
this is seriously great! nice job, post more !

GoneAndie89 said...
Such a good writer, honestly. Great job!

AmiEE576 said...
This is so goood! Put up more ASAP! Just, hopefully don't end it with a predictable ending like most books these days!

DrlREx said...
Wow, u definitly should get this published or something bro. It's just awesome. =]

ELfprincess46 said...
Wow, one of the beat I've seen in here! Post more quickly please!

Mikey4824 said...
This is really great! Keep writing forsure.

Jeera said...
This is one of the most interesting and captivating stories I've read on here! It is realy good. Keep writing 'till you finish it!

chace_s said...
May 3, 2011 at 10:15 pm:
this is great, definitly continue with your writing cause you have real potential =]

triathlete99 said...
i adore this! Please write the rest soon!!

morgankathleen19 replied...
Apr. 17, 2011 at 12:55 pm :
thank you ! (: i've written a bit more && plan on posting more soon! check out my other stuff too (:

jen832 said...
i really loved this and im excited to see how the different relationships work out! can't wait til u post more!!! great work!

morgankathleen19 replied...
Jan. 24, 2011 at 6:58 pm :
thanks! i have some ideas that im hoping will throw everyone about all the different relationships :)

sallyshoelaces101 said...
absolutely love!!!! keep writing, im hanging on every word!

morgankathleen19 replied...
Jan. 24, 2011 at 6:58 pm :
im glad you liked it! im writing more as we speak :)

mandy328 said...
it the bessttt!!!!! u had BETTER finish witing it and then publish it!!! i am very serious!!

morgankathleen19 replied...
Jan. 12, 2011 at 8:12 pm :
thanks!!! :) i already have a couple more chapter and i plan on writing more soon :)))