Vision Clenches

Author's note: Kairi's dream, is actually a dream I had! But, I haven't met the guy yet...
Author's note: Kairi's dream, is actually a dream I had! But, I haven't met the guy yet...  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9

Chapter 9

Patrick ran throughout the Middle School, trying to find Kairi, and as he ran he assumed through all of the madness, she had escaped to the highschool, and was already reaquinted with Joe. She was that kind of person, always taking things upon herself. He booked it out of the school, and felt the wind rush across his face, as he ran away from the terror. He saw Joe outside the School waiting for him, and he threw his hands in the air.
“Where’s Kairi?” Patrick shrieked. His face covered in ash, and hands and jeans covered in soot.
Joe’s eyes widened. “What!? She’s not with you?”
Patrick fell to his knees and began to sob.
Joe punched the brick side of the High School, and charged to the Middle School. When he arrived there, the School was smoking, and the air was thick and foggy. He put his arms in front of him, making it a shield, and ran in. Opening his closed eyes, he searched around. Kids bodies were scattered around, and his eyes began to burn because of the thick smoke. Running through the school, he reached the outside of the gym area. There she was, laying on the ground, blood gushing from her side. Her shirt was off, probably because she tried to stop the bleeding. Was she dead? He didn’t have time to tell. He picked her up, and threw her over his shoulder, and ran out the back entrance. He grabbed his cell phone from his pocket, coughing and gagging, and called 911. Taking off his shirt, he crumpled it up and put it on her wound. His tears were falling from his eyes. He wasn’t religious, but he put his hands together, and prayed for her life. He saw Patrick sprint across the empty parking lot, and to where Joe was. Stumbling, he sat near Joe, and stared at Kairi. Seeing Joe’s hands, he also began to pray. After he was done praying, he took Kairi’s hand in his, and watch as his sister lay dying. Joe looked up, towards the sky, and heard the ambulence approaching. He couldn’t stop thinking about how he met her. And how he found out about her.
His back had a girl upon it, and he brought her outside the smoldering building. Her side was wounded, a gun shot most likely. He took his shirt and held it to her.
He had known this was to happen. Yet, he had became attached, he couldn’t fight the feeling. And as she lay there dying, he thought about her laugh, her scoff, and her special qualities.
“oh...My gosh...” Patrick began to speak, a breath could be heard.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9