Vision Clenches

Author's note: Kairi's dream, is actually a dream I had! But, I haven't met the guy yet...
Author's note: Kairi's dream, is actually a dream I had! But, I haven't met the guy yet...  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

Chapter 2

“She has one of the abilities..She has one....”
He said it repeatedly. He too, had one of these unusual abilities. No wonder why they met. It was all part of the fate. He started to pace across his bedroom floor, kicking all the things on his floor away from him. Sweat dribbled down his forehead as he wiped it away vigorously. He thought to himself,
“She doesn’t know yet, she doesn’t understand what she has. I can’t believe this is happening.”
The potential to use these abilities were only brought out by 3 kids. They were noted as the Vision Clenches, using their abilities in their REM sleep to the extreme, often using it to see, control, or pause the future in their advantage. He began to remember when he found out his ability.

Patrick glared at the clock. 3:25 PM. Detention was almost out. In his mind anyway. He began to carve into his solid wood desk, his attention span very short. He glanced at the teacher, who was busy into her book. He despised how she gave him a detention for accidentally dropping his homework in the water. He was only in fourth grade, a 10 year old. He gave her a dirty look, and continued to carve. He daydreamed about dragons and video games, and making the clock go faster. Soon, he was asleep. He began to go into his REM sleep and dream. On his eyelids, he saw the same setting. His teacher, the desk, the depressing detention room. Thinking it was all a dream, he decided to make time stop. Right after that moment, a flash of light dawned upon him, and he awoke with a startle. He slowly brought up his head and observed the room. He gave a shrug and glanced at the clock once more. The red ticker wasn’t moving. Thinking this would be a good time to suck up, he raised his hand. The teacher seemed to be still reading, so he coughed to get her attention. Nothing. He leaped out of his seat and ran across the classroom to the teachers desk. She was completely still, reading into her book. Everything was frozen.
Kairi sat on her bed, confused. Why did Patrick hang up so abruptly? She scratched her head and squinted her eyes. She yawned as she leaped off her bed, and dawdled to her bookshelf searching for her yearbook. Flipping the pages, she went to the last names that started with the letter T in the high school section. There he was. Joe Todge. Black hair, blue eyes, and a mischievous smile. Kairi dropped the book, astounded, and backed up into a corner and sat down slowly. She grabbed her phone from her pocket and pounded on the numbers.
“Mrs.Ingrid?” Patrick giggled nervously and poked her hand, which still had the book grasped. He backed off and slapped himself in the face. He gave a troublesome beam.
“This ISN’T a dream.”
He hopped on top of her desk and began to dance around, he tossed some papers off the desk and watched them fall to the ground.
“PATRICK THOMAS!” Mrs.Ingrid shook him awake.
He looked up at her groggly, and replied, “Yes, Mrs.Ingrid?”
Mrs.Ingrid’s eyes were curled up in fear, and her face was pale white. Patrick looked straight ahead, and there was papers all over the classroom floor.
“There is a Ghost, We have to get out of here. I was just sitting here reading, when all of a sudden, papers lifted off my desk, and floated down to the floor!! Let’s go! Now!”
She grabbed Patrick’s arm, and quickly lead him out of the classroom. Patrick looked back at the mess, gave a quick wink, and a pesky grin.
Her hands were shaking as she held the phone up to her ear.
“Cmon..Cmon..Pick up!” She screamed into the phone as it rang.
Patrick had his hands covering his face, sitting on the floor, when the phone began to ring. It startled him, and his head jerked to the sound. He snatched up the phone and scanned the caller ID. It was Kairi. He thought for a minute before pressing the Talk button.
“H-hello?” He spoke anxiously.
“Patrick, what the hell is going on. I am not kidding around. Tell me right now.”
“I dont know.” He lied. He didn’t know how to approach her when it came to the Vision Clenches.
“I know your lying, and I swear to god, I will end this friendship right now, if you don’t let me know what’s going on. I know you know. I have a very strong feeling in my stomach.”
“Of course you have a feeling..Your freaking psychic.” He thought and mumbled to himself.
“Kairi, I don’t know how to explain this to you. Yes, I know something, but I am not exactly sure..”
“Explain it now.” She demanded as she pounded her fist on her carpet floor.
“I will call you back later.” He hung up the phone once again and shut it off. He scrambled across the floor on his hands and knees and grabbed his laptop from the shelf. Opening it swiftly, he moved the mouse towards the firefox icon, opening the internet browser. Google came up on his homescreen, and he googled, “Vision Clenchers.” He searched the page links that came upon him. He wanted to know more about what type of Clenches their were, and how to let her know. He couldn’t. He shook his head, climbed into bed and went to sleep.