What Happens At Night

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

Murder! (again, again)

Grace stepped off the porch of her small one bedroom house where she lived with her mother and three sisters. Leah, the youngest of her sisters stepped out of the door behind her. They were on their way to the library. It was only a few blocks, and after all it was a gorgeous Sunday evening. The sky was beginning to darken, but she figured they could make it before dark, and then call their mom to come pick them up.
“Grace?” Asked Leah, tugging on her shirt sleeve, Leah was only six, and still asked a lot of questions.
“Yes?”
“Why do you think the sky was made blue, Grace?” Leah asked.
“Well, blue makes people happy, doesn’t it?”
“Yes, it makes me happy.”
“Exactly,” Grace answered. Grace and Leah neared an alley, the one they always went down as a shortcut to the library. The alley was deserted.
“I hate this alley!” Leah griped. “It gives me the chills.”
“Oh, relax!” Grace said, she grabbed Leah’s hand and led them down the alley. The sky was getting darker; the sunset cast different colors all over the sky. They were about halfway down, when they spotted a person at the end of the alley; they were dressed entirely in black, and begin walking down the alley towards the girls. Grace heard Leah whimper, but she ignored it. The person came closer and closer until they were only a few feet ahead of the girls. Grace looked up then saw the glimmer of the razor. She only had enough time to gasp.