What Happens At Night

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Murder! (again)

The night was dark and cold. It was November, and a cold front just blew through town. Maria was on her way home from the movies. She had gone out with some friends. It was Saturday night, so that meant church in the morning. She left early to allow herself a good night’s sleep. She looked at her phone; it was a quarter after ten. The streets were empty, and no one was out. She began to get nervous, but relaxed when she saw her house up ahead, knowing the safety was so close. Then out of nowhere, someone grabbed her, she felt herself hit the ground. She struggled and tried to scream, and then a hand covered her mouth, silencing her. Then in the glint of the street lamps she saw a flash of silver, fallowed by a sharp pain in her hand, someone was slicing her fingers off, she realized with horror, one by one. She screamed behind the hand of her attacker. The pain was sharp and intense. She could feel the blood run down what was left of her hands, and could feel tears budding up in her eyes.
She was scared so much so that I couldn’t think, at all. Tape covered her mouth. The rest was just a blur. Pain, was everywhere from the razor. Time seemed to slow down, almost to a stop. Then before she could react, it sliced her throat. Everything went black.