A November Haunt

Author's note: I was in my english class when we read "Where is here?" The teacher asked us to write a story...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I was in my english class when we read "Where is here?" The teacher asked us to write a story from one of the characters point of view. I chose the dad. Also, I took an idea from "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre". Not too much to spoil it. Comment and rate please.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5

NOVEMBER 29, 1959

I awoke from such a crazy night, lying in a fuzzy bed of white. On my right I could see this beautiful angel like person with light glowing behind her. “Wow, you look amazing,” I stated. I then noticed it was my wife, Evelyn. “Evelyn?”
“Yes I am here,” she said with a sweet smile. “The doctors are going to make sure that everything is still normal with you. Don’t worry about the kids. They are in the children’s area in good hands.”
I looked at the doctor that also was in the room, “thank you for this doctor. I love my family too much to have something just take me away and overpower me.”
Evelyn explained how I was unconscious from around seven to almost seven thirty last night. She then told me about her conversation with the officers, “After talking with police officers, I found out about the murders and assaults that were in the house. The husband and wife were abusive, assertive, drunks, and they allegedly beat their son on numerous occasions. The wife, Jackie and husband, James planned out how they were going to kill their son, Ed Gein.” Evelyn was shaking because she did not understand what made parents want to behave this way towards a child. “They killed Ed, and he came back for revenge. Honey, I think we should move out of that house. Just the thought of all that has happened is devastating to hear and know.”
I stared at her wondering if there was another way, but Evelyn did not want another way. Soon as we all arrived back home, the police were still there investigating. Everyone begin packing quickly.
Once we left, all the weird and eerie feelings were begging to disappear. We then went to stay with relatives until we were able to afford a new home. I looked back at the place we had thought was right and asked rhetorically, “How could the house we all thought was perfect have such a devastating story behind it?”
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

Surobhi_Moitrayee said...
Feb. 29, 2012 at 3:50 am:
God you are really talented! i just love your writting!! i mean the story is so awesome about the ghost in the house and i love your use of dates!! awesome job!! if you like you can also read my book that i wrote,and write your veiw points about it!!...