New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

A November Haunt

Author's note: I was in my english class when we read "Where is here?" The teacher asked us to write a story...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I was in my english class when we read "Where is here?" The teacher asked us to write a story from one of the characters point of view. I chose the dad. Also, I took an idea from "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre". Not too much to spoil it. Comment and rate please.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

NOVEMBER 27, 1959

The next day was passing by quickly. We all were almost finished with unpacking and settling in. We soon decided to stroll through the woods and down to the Mississippi River.
As we were walking it almost felt as if we weren’t the only ones out there. I had a peculiar feeling as if someone placed their hand on my shoulder. The only problem was no one was behind me. Evelyn was walking along side with me, and the kids were racing each other towards the water. Although I was certain
The sudden mystery begins to reveal itself. This helps us understand or have an idea of whats to come. The father knows it and soon will the whole family.
that my wife was not touching my shoulder, I became hesitant and assured myself that it was her. From then on I ignored what happened and just enjoyed my time with the family. As the sun began going down we started to head back home. Things started to take a turn for me though.
I was positive that our home was safe; we were safe and that no one was invading our property. “Hey honey, take the kids back in and start dinner why don’t you?” I asked her before observing the outside perimeters of the house. “I’m just going to look around out here for a moment.”
She looked at me concerned as if she wanted to ask what it was that I was looking for. Instead she headed inside and started cooking dinner.
While looking around there was a horrible stench coming from the side of the house. It was stronger than that of a skunk. I followed the stench to the side of the house which led me to the basement. I saw what appeared to be someone’s teeth lying on the ground. It did not match up with the blood nor the scratch marks I saw surrounding the basement door. With caution and slowly stepping backwards no longer acknowledging the strong odor which had smelled like a decaying body, my son had nearly scared me to death. He tapped my arm. It was a laugh because my pants almost were soiled and he was almost as startled.
“Dad mom needs help with dinner,” son said. I looked at him still shaken from the scare. “She asked if you could hurry.”
As we headed back inside the house, there was a sound of sticks being stepped on. My body came to a halt. I turned to observe the trees and my surroundings. My son grabbed my hand telling me to hurry. Taking my time to walk up the stairs to the front door of the house, I looked once more. After seeing that there was nothing in sight, I made my way back inside to assist my wife, Evelyn.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

Surobhi_Moitrayee said...
Feb. 29, 2012 at 3:50 am:
God you are really talented! i just love your writting!! i mean the story is so awesome about the ghost in the house and i love your use of dates!! awesome job!! if you like you can also read my book that i wrote,and write your veiw points about it!!...