More than Gone | Teen Ink

More than Gone

January 25, 2019
By michyandsnow BRONZE, Sn Luis Obisp, California
More by this author
michyandsnow BRONZE, Sn Luis Obisp, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
-Smile because someone loves you even if you don't love yourself, you will always have someone who will love you.
- Friends are like flowers you treat them right they will be beautiful people you treat them wrong they will die away from you and be gone from your world.


The author's comments:

this is my story in progress let me know what you think 


I wake up It's a normal day at least I think and hope since lately it has been a long weekend. My mom is sitting at the table looking upset with me. A knock was at the door. I answered the door it was my parole officer.

“ Hello??”

“Hello why are you not at school yet?” she asked me.

“Because it's early to get to school”

“Come on no excuses”

“That is not an excuse” my mom cut in.

” Let's go jade”

“Where?” I ask angry.

“Juvy you broke your parole” She handcuffed me and took me to her car. she stayed quiet the whole way there. I have always hated when i had to go to juvy. They have gross food. it's always cold. it also stinks.

“So how long do i have to be here for?”

“For as long as the judge says so” she said softly towards me.

“But i have a big test in history why won't you just let it slide i was only not going to school because it was way too early to go so i had breakfast with my mom and she was going to take me to school why can't you just take me to school”

“Nope we are here so let's go so you can see the judge if you can go or not” She takes me to the office people so the can fingerprint me and they always ask me what is my name so I just stand there and say “my name is jade i’m 16” it always annoys me cause they know who I am so they shouldn't have to ask me all the time it's really lame and they say i have to get my picture taken which is so lame. I can't believe they would just wait for an hour before talking to me i wish they would just talk to me and let me go. They took away my phone, money, and backpack. They need to just leave me alone! Why can’t they get this over and done with I need to get going I have to be at school soon or i'll get in big big trouble but wait i'm already in big trouble but why what did i do.

“Hello jade, i’m agent josh with the fbi, can you please tell me where you were yesterday at 9:00 pm “ some big scary looking officer said.

“Yep i was at home with my mom working on homework and watched some movies with her too” i said as he was looking at a profile that has my name on it for some reason. Why is the fbi here? i wonder.

“ do you know beth"

“ yeah she is in my english class”

“ Well she was killed yesterday around 9:00pm yesterday”

“oh my god how did that happen” he walks out the room without saying a thing.

“ WHY WON'T YOU TELL ME” I yell. Nobody comes in for about an hour which gets me wondering if that they have a better suspect than me since i didn't do it for a fact. then the big scary guy comes in.

“you are free to go your father is here to get you.”

“My father? What are you talking about? He left when I was a baby I have never meet him before and he doesn't know I exist let alone know where my mom lives.”

“ Well he has your birth certificate to prove he's your father”

“Well i don't want to go so i'm not gonna move asshole.”

“That's not gonna work i hope you know that ahh here he is say hi to your father it's time for you to go with him now.”

I wish my mom would come get me instead some weird guy claiming to be my dad came and picked me up. Why would they let my dad come to get me if i don't even know him. That is crazy they would let me go with him he could be lying just so he could kill me have they ever thought of that. He also could have printed out my birth certificate that they don’t know of. But why would they care they just need to find a killer well they might have to look for two killers now that they let this guy take me hell he has a scary van that kidnappers have there’s a lot of tools in the back like a killer. I can sense he is a psycho path. He looks at me very weirdly and sees that i am looking at him so he turns away fast.

“ How are you jade?”

“ You can drop me off at school that i can do my important test” i say angrily.

“ok”

“you can also leave me the hell alone you can't just show up out of the blue to save me you don’t even know me just drop me off at school and never come back” i said.

“No your mother wanted me to pick you up cause she was doing stuff important” he said as he turned into the entrance of the school.

“I could care less” I said.  I go and get out of the car I meet up with a group of friends to tell them everything i hope they won't judge.

“Hey guys guess what happened” i said as i approach the group. but the just turn away.

“Guys? What are you guys doing?” They look at me then leave, what's up with everyone this is not fair do they already know what happened to beth do they know that i was a suspect for her murder. how did they know that this happened?

“ Hi Jade, how's life going as a murderer?” some random guy asks me.

“You can just leave me alone i'm not a murderer i just saw someone that was dead on the ground that's it.” i hope he doesn't get that i'm lying.

“ Ok whatever hey i got a idea how about you just fess up to the police and say you did it i'm sure you will survive  jail and prison.”

“Haha very funny.”

“Bye scary person i'm gonna go just so you won't kill me next.” i walk to my class hoping not gonna run into anyone that knows anything so i'm just gonna go to class and act normal as in just sleep in class hopefully. But of course here comes the popular kids staring away at me whispering to one another.

“ Hey jade murder anyone new today or were you just busy killing beth?” i try to ignore them and just walk to my classroom but they surround me.

“i need to get to class move please” then i just push through which was a mistake pow someone punches my right in the face i fall to the ground.

“what cant take it, well you getting what you deserve murderer.”

“ NO STOP” i yell with all my might i feel them kicking me i black out but can still feel them hitting me till suddenly i go all numb.


        i wake up in a hospital room with a cast on my arm and leg a bandage on my ribs i must have hurt them some way i can't really remember much on what happened. there's  some strange guy sitting in a chair next. should i wake him up and ask him what hes doing here or just ask the nurse to make him leave?

“ nurse! nurse!” i yell softly.

“ yes?”

“ can you get this man out of here i don't even know who he is or what he's doing here?”

“ um let's just move you and when he wakes up the police will talk to him.”

“ Thank you so much” she helps me up and takes me to a wheelchair. we get to another room and there are officers there all i could think is shit i'm under surveillance. Its so dumb i have to go through this is so stupid. The nurse tells me that i have 4 broken ribs and a broken wrist also a bruised eye. Why do kids have to do this to me it's  not fair at all. All i could think is what happened to her why was i blamed for the murder and who was the man in my room. i feel a really sharp pain in my back it makes me want to scream cause it hurts.

“Nurse Nurse it hurt ouch help ouch.” the nurse runs in looking worried.

“What's the matter are you ok what's your pain level?”  

“its like a thousand” i couldnt finished my sentance the pain felt like someone stuck an ice pick in the center of my back. Then everything went black completly black.

 

  3 HOURS LATER  


I open my eyes the lights are so bright  i fell like im looking into the sun. what happened? The nruse walks in with a clipbord sets it on the bed in front where someone is laying. Wait they look like me. That is me what the hell but im right here.


“ hello nurse who is this right here? Um nurse nurse” the nurse walk right through me. Ahhh what the hell is this am i dead or something oh good theres my mom. Oh no shes crying. I walk back to my room my mom is holding that me hand. Oh god i am dead i cant be i need to stay i havnt finished school yet never had a kid or lived my dream i need  one more chance. Live cant just let me go I need to help my mom with life and everything. How can i go back in to myself.

“Help Help Help. How do i get out of here?” I just want one person to answer.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.