The Pizza Hut Mystery | Teen Ink

The Pizza Hut Mystery

By Maddie-Ebbinghaus, Neosho, Missouri
Maddie-Ebbinghaus, Neosho, Missouri

Author's note:

This story is based on two girls that I know. They always hang out together just like in the story and they absolutely love pizza. The rest of the story is all fictional and is something I believe could truly happen if you came across the wrong person at the wrong time. 

“Mason back off,” Avery said bravely, standing up for Kyla “ how can you even live like this knowing you have hurt so many people,”

Mason said, “ you’re right my dad... I mean Mazzio would kill me if he ever found out.”

“ Thanks, Avery,” Kyla said

“ No probs,” Avery replied "He seems to be scared of me, oh hey Kyla I heard that next week they are having a town carnival, we should go,"

" Sure, " Kyla said

" Hey didn't your mom say she was going to get you something today? " Avery asked.

"Oh yeah, here I'll text my mom to see if you can come to," Kyla said while texting.

So then the girl's road home in an awkward silence on the noisy bus. But when they got to Kyla's house they were in for a big surprise.

"Welcome home sweetie. Okay, your surprise is in the basement, But go down very carefully" Kyla's mom said.

"Avery you can come too," Kyla said really excited like.

While the girls walked down the stairs there was a small whine. " Avery, what was that?" Kyla whispered

" Umm I think it is an animal," Avery said

" Ruff Ruff," Said the strange sound  at the bottom of the stairs

" PUPPY!" both of the girls yelled at the same time.

Then Kyla and Avery both ran up the stairs with Kyla's new puppy. "Thanks, mom!" Kyla said

" Yeah, his name is Rudy. " Kyla's mom said, " you can take him with you in your purse." Then Avery's mom came and took her home.

"Me vengaré" means "I will get revenge"

The next day at school during gym they were playing dodgeball when,

"Ok kids, if you hit me or Coach Meager, you're going straight to the principal!" Coach Eco said, " Okay GO!"

Then Kyla said, " Avery lets go hide behind the good kids!"

But Avery said, " No I've got to get Ally out, she stole my goldfish at lunch today" Then just as Avery threw the ball Ally jumped up and tipped the ball. It bounced off of her fingers right at Coach Eco!

"BONK"

Then Coach Eco yelled enraged "WHO THREW THAT!" Then everyone, literally everyone, pointed at Avery.

" Avery to the office," Coach Meager said because Coach Eco was already in the nurse's office. As Avery entered the office the principal, Assistant principal, And one of the counselors.

" Avery, we have heard that you have hit Coach Eco," said the Principal "Thank you, Coach, Eco, is so annoying two weeks without her is great."

Then the counselor said, " You are free to go." Then Avery, feeling good about herself, walked back to class because gym had already ended due to the incident. Back in class

"Avery we leave in 2 minutes, So how long do you have to stay after school? Can you still come to the carnival?" Kyla asked a mile a minute.

"Oh yeah I didn't get detention, They said they don’t like her and that she is super annoying, it's a long story," Avery said. So then the two girls rode home on the bus in silence.

Then later at Pizza Hut, the two girls and Rudy were just finishing their meal and their waiter, Mazzio came and took their check.

"Anything else?" Mazzio said wanting a tip.

" No that's all," Avery said politely.

Then as they were leaving Mazzio said "Me vengaré." Then Avery and Kyla walked across the street to the carnival where they stayed for 3 hours.

At the carnival Avery said "Kyla, I'm hungry," So Kyla said " Kay I'll go get some cotton candy," Then the next few minutes were still for Avery she went to go throw rings at the ring toss but when she threw one to hard and went to get it out to the parking lot a few feet away. When she went to go get it, she was grabbed and thrown into a trunk of a car. As she was in the trunk she could hear Mexican music playing and a deep husky voice singing along with it.

Then back at the carnival "Avery where are you." Kyla said while walking behind the ring toss stand hoping to find some clues on where Avery went

"Hey what is this" Kyla said "Hmm it says Pizza Hut, and it was supposed to be delivered to 248 Goat Road. Ooh, maybe they can tell me more!" Then Kyla took a cab to 248 Goat Road. When she got there she met Jamie and Mason.

"Umm hello, I was wondering if you heard anything about a missing girl? Her name is Avery." Kyla said, " I found this pizza box where she got kidnapped, and it was supposed to be delivered here."

"Oh yeah my husband was supposed to bring us a pizza but he hasn't come back yet," Jamie said

Then Kyla said, "Could you maybe take me to meet him." Then without a doubt, Jamie drove Kyla to the pepperoni factory where Mazzio is.

"No voy adejar ir Avery!" means "I will not let Avery go!"

When Kyla walks in she sees Mazzio and runs up to ask him questions but she hears a loud scream.

"KYLA HELP" The voice yelled

"Wait a minute you're the one who kidnapped Avery," Kyla said enraged.

Then Mazzio yelled "No voy adejar ir Avery!" Then Mazzio ran to get some pepperonis to throw at Kyla, to distract her so he could escape. Then Kyla ran to the meat grinder and shoved in as many pepperonis as she could and hopefully soon the machine will ex"BOOM"plode. Then a flying piece of pork that came out of the grinder knocked Mazzio out. By then the cops had shown up and took Mazzio to jail, it was later figured out that Mazzio did it because Avery did not leave him a tip at Pizza Hut. Then the cops let Avery out of the office

"AVERY!" Kyla yelled

" KYLA!" Avery yelled ( Slow motion run) Then after the whole ordeal the girl's road home on the public bus together.