Soulless

Chapters:   1 2 Next »

Chapter 1

“I love you too” I kiss my boyfriend goodbye as I get into my car heading home. Today has given me a bad vibe; I don’t know if I’m tripping or not. It just feels like the world’s at a standstill; no one outside,hardly anyone in cars driving by. No one in drive-throughs or at the grocery stores. I brush it off as I pull out of his parking lot on the main street. I check my phone. 8:55. S***! Mom said to be home by nine and I’m ten minutes away. I kick it into high gear and go 60 mph, stopping as needed. I come to my street and a man run in the street, right in front of me. I swerve to avoid hitting him. I get back on my side of the road and the see the man running at what looks like 30 mph not too far behind my car. I get curious and and pull over. Just as I was going to get out the car the man knocked on the window in a panic.
“Ma’am! Ma’am! Ma’am! Ma’am!” I roll down my window as quickly as possible. I look at him and see a huge cut in his neck; it looks like a bite mark. The man was tall and, as far as I can see, Mexican. He looked as if he just witnessed a murder.
“Oh God! You need to go to the hospital! Get in! I’ll take you!” He gets in on the passenger side. I speed off to the local hospital.
“My wife… she just… she started acting weird. Her mouth started foaming with a red and black substance. The she bit me and tried to eat me, but I fought her off and… and…” He paused and looked at his hands. I glanced at them as well and saw they were cut up and bloody.
“You don’t have to say it… if that was me, I would have done the same thing.” He rest his head in the window abruptly. Damnit! I had just cleaned then from the mess my nephews made.
I make my way through the hospital parking lot and park in a nearby spot. I guess he had passed out because I shook him and he did not move. I panic and get out and go to his side of the car to check to make sure at least he’s still alive. I see his face pressed against the window; I felt the cool winter wind tell me to not open the door but i has to get him out my car. As I open his car side door, he attacks me going for my face. I manage to get him get him off me and backup as he walks slowly towards me. The same red and black s*** that had come out of his wife is now coming from his mouth and his eyes become a pitch black color. Thinking fast, I get past him, back to the car and leaving. I call my boyfriend, Kaylor, hoping he would pick up. After three rings he answered with a sigh.
“Hey babe” I would normally say something about the way he answered, but hell, I have bigger problems.
“KAY! THIS MAN TRIED TO EAT ME AFTER HIS WIFE TRIED TO THE SAME THING TO HIM. HIS WIFE GOT HIM THOUGH ON HIS NECK AND-” My boyfriend interrupts me, telling me that I need to calm down. HOW CAN I? I’m an 18 year-old girl who has seen some f***ed up s***. I take a deep breath and tell him everything that happened. He was silent for a moment.
“Baby, you there?” I asked, scared.
“Yes, I’m here. I was just thinking you know I’m no expert but that sounds like a zombie.”

Chapters:   1 2 Next »