Brother Dear. | Teen Ink

Brother Dear.

By Edddy, Big Bend, Wisconsin
Edddy, Big Bend, Wisconsin

“Darkness; all I have ever seen they say to me. Light; all that I have always avoided. For what reason? They say this all to me in confidence that I am the crazy one. Crazy to think that after all that they’ve done... I have been the one watching them.”
Phobos 00.00.00
The bar was the size of a mediocre classroom at a rather ordinary high school. The decorations were rather grim with a majority of the room swallowed with black. The bits that were not swallowed by the darkness were entangled with vines and orchards. The innards of this beast seemed to be quietly alive in an extraordinary yet bamboozling tense. A woman sat on the four-pronged spinning stool at the empty bar. All that appeared was her and the death of a man. The grey hairs of the man were long enough to chain a person with them but white enough to be a seemingly perfect reflection of light. The skin of the man was not any different than a shaved cat. Wrinkly. Disgusting.
The woman was quite the dichotomy to this man though. Her skin was a baby and her hair a curly blonde. Her blue eyes a direct reflection of the bright blue sky. Her figure no different than a talented figure skater. She sat there drinking her rum and coke. An inpatient looks plastered on her face. That face turned to concern fast than the sound that escaped the door when she heard it creak open. Her neck twisted as her eyes were stapled on the hunk of a man that walked through the door, followed by another man not quite so appealing.
Both men were opposites in their respective ways. As one was tall and strong, the other was tiny and weak. The men approached the woman. The tall strong man reached out her glove of a hand, “Hello I am Pee,” he said in a way that was rather suave.
“Hello… Pee,” the woman relentless said to him. The smaller man butted in pushing the larger man out of the way to introduce himself.
“More importantly, I am Dee, the one overseeing your case,” Dee said with a brisk tone. Dee reached into his pocket as Pee sat to the right of the woman. Dee sat to the left, pulling out a folded up piece of paper. His small, younger hands, fumbled unwrapping the papers as they seemed to duplicate with every unfolding. The woman glanced at Dee with awe as Dee unwrapped the hell that laid before her.
“You are quite..” Pee began to say before Dee raised his hand to finish Pee’s sentence.
“...the sinner Margaret.” Dee finished.
“I am nothing of that sort!” Margaret screamed getting out off of her stool. Pee snapped his fingers slamming the door shut. The response of the sound reaching the door made the door explode into the door. “I thought you two were supposed to give me a fair trial…” Margaret began while running her hands through her hair in a frantic manner.
“Margaret, that is why we're here,” Dee said.
“I’m the one that comes with the prejudice. Now…” Pee said approaching the small woman, “...we can keep you locked in limbo. Or, you can sit down now while brother here does his business settling whether or not you deserve paradise or…” Pee snapped his fingers once more as Margaret was chained by all fours suspending in the air whilst being eaten by crows. Her bowels spewed everywhere. The moment the blood-soaked organs reached the floor, they slithered back into her mistake of a shallow human. Her voice echoed through the empty bar.
Dee searched the numerous files while he heard the cackling laugh of Pee over the sound of the woman’s innocent screams. Dee cracked his head up to the bartender. “Cerberus, what do you think of all this mess?” The bartender chuckled a little bit before sliding his wrinkled fingers around the stack of files, twisting them towards him. His eyes as keen as a fox as he flipped through countless pages
“You know my stance is just like your brother’s. You get to make the choice now, whether you get to keep up this torture. Will this woman spend her eternity in this beautiful world we call paradise? Or will she spend this eternity wishing she had a second chance?”
“I didn’t get a second chance. Why should she?” Dee’s hand’s snatched the files and jumped from his pronged chair. In a righteous rage, Dee stood from his chair. Pee’s giggles still echoed throughout the minuscule bar. Dee’s footsteps grew louder than the laughs as he snapped and the woman fell from her chains. Dee threw the papers in front of her. “Are you innocent?” Dee screamed.
“No!” The woman announced as she wiped her own blood from her shirt and the fluid tears from her eyes.
“Did your sister do something a little naughty in her free time?” Pee asked.
“Yes!” she announced
“And…” Dee started while crouching in front of her, “was that something with your husband?”
“Yes… yes, he did!” the woman cried, beginning to cry once more.
“And you were scared that he didn’t love you anymore? Am I right?” Pee asked.
“I know he loves me. I didn't need to be scared of anything.”
“You dreaded the fact that you had to do something about it,” Dee stated circling the woman.
“No, I didn’t have any dread until the moment I blew my brains out!” Margaret yelled at Pee while Dee stood behind of her.
“I am so disappointed in you,” Pee began to say with a smile on his face. The walls of the bar fell sequentially. Flames engrossed the room as it all turned into darkness. Pee took a step towards her while Dee followed shortly after.
Dee’s hand slipped over Margaret’s mouth as she screamed. Pee grasped her body to prevent squirming. Dee slid a knife out of his coat with his other hand and ran the sharp, rigid blade through her velvety skin. Her eyes locked with Pee’s eyes. The blood drained from her neck. Her body slowly transformed into a useless corpse as the brothers watched the blood spurt from the gaping slit inside of her neck. Pee removed her corpse from his hands allowing it to follow. “That was a good last job Deimos,” Pee winced at Dee.
“Keyword is last Phobos,” Deimos said to Pee while letting a grin staple on his face.