Protect the Heart

Author's note: I was inspired by a television series, one of the episodes involved a girl who was stalked...  Show full author's note »
Author's note:

I was inspired by a television series, one of the episodes involved a girl who was stalked non-stop that lead to her death. I created the name Valora, and I discovered the name Major when I was watching the show iZombie (beautiful show by the way). Anyways, Valora means brave in latin, and she's standing up against the stalker who is on the verge of ruining her life. 

« Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 Next »

Prologue

The girl hesitated to reply to the question, "Are you okay?" Major asked.

"I'm fine," she replied hiding the sadness she felt. It's been years since anyone bothered to speak to her. Now, they just look at her walking away as she strolled away sadly. Her only source of happiness ripped her heart to shreds.

"You can tell me anything you know that, right?" Major softly spoke, placing his hand gently on her shoulder. "Valora, please answer me you've been depressed for years it hurts seeing you this way!"

She looked at him, doubting his attempt in talking to her. "You'll leave me Major, just like the rest of them do... they never last a day around me... I've killed them all... my friends... they're dead because of me... mostly because of him." She's only mentioned him on various occasions, the stalker who drove away everyone she loved.

"Trust me, I'm here to stay I'll protect you." Valora stilled ignored him, tears streaming down her cheeks. Her brain filled with memories of the time her and Donovan were together. His bright beautiful smile, constantly reminded her of joy she felt around him. Major too reminded her of that light, "I can see you're not interested I'll go now."

"Wait," she paused, hoping that the one who admired her wasn't listening, "I love you Major." Her voice so soft spoken Major barely made out what she said. It was, however, loud enough for only him to hear. He smiled brightly, lacing her hands within his own.

"Don't worry Valora, I'll protect you." Those were the last words he spoke, before the chaos began.

Chapters:   1 2 Next »