Forgotten Memeories

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »

New Life

“New school, new life” is a saying that my mom says every time we travel to a new city. She always say it’s going to be better when we find that perfect house. I knew the entire time she was running away from the loan sharks. Currently, my family consists of  my sister, my mom, and I.
Mom used to tell stories about dad and how he died. She said he was a handsome and very brave. He faced any challenge head-on with courage. He died in his workplace for us to live a good life. I figured out we got into debt when mom had to borrow money, because she did not have a job.
We have been moving for as long as I can remember. Each time I settle down, I have hope that would be our permanent house, but each time, the sharks found us.
This time, I will makes sure this is our permanent home in Mitcham.
We arrive in Mitcham, Arizona looking for the house. I’m filled with excitement and courage for my new home.
I sign into my new school, New Trost High. My school says it has many opportunities that would make me into a very successful person. My sister will go to the high school next year. She goes to their middle school, New Trost Intermediate School.
My sister really wanted to be a chemist and discover new elements in the periodic table. I just wanted to leave some kind of indication that I was alive. I want to be as widely known as George Washington.
The new house has 5 rooms: the 3 bedrooms, a kitchen-living room, and one bathroom. It’s a small, comfortable house to live in.
I walk to the backyard and find a shack. Great, now I can store anything there. It even have its own dog house. It’s not like I can own a dog right now.
To help pay off the debt, I’ll have to work somewhere. I finally found a place to work at. The place is called Mexicans Corner. It’s a Mexican restaurant that has a bar in it. I’m not allowed to work at the bar yet until I’m 21. I get a good 7.50 an hour. Two-thirds of what I earn will go to my mom.
In school, it wasn’t that hard to find some friends. I made friends with a group. Their names are Eric, Daniel, Jake, Hazel, Nathan, and Megan. They don’t know about my situation. The classes aren’t that hard. In fact, they are a lot easier than my last school.

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »