Ad Populum

Author's note: I want people to question what they've grown up with and what is deemed by society, or...  Show full author's note »
Author's note:

I want people to question what they've grown up with and what is deemed by society, or more specifically, their communities, as right. I grew up attending a private Catholic school, as well as a Luthern school, public schooling, and online schooling--I've been exposed to a wide range of ideas and want to convey that living narrow-minded or persuaded by tradition can be detrimental.

« Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5

Part 5

Taking a ripped white handkerchief he’d found in the desk, the man wiped a coat of blood off the door knob. He stuffed it into his pocket, stepped over the dead body, then opened the door. Jake was sitting on the couch twiddling his fingers and listening to music on a CD player.
    “Is he coming out too?” Jake asked, taking off his earphones.
    “No he said he wanted to stay in there and work some.” the familiar face replied. “Well, I suppose I’ll take you home.” He then added, “I’m sorry about your dog.”
    “Thanks. And alright, I’ll grab my coat.” Jake began to walk towards the parish front and tried reaching his coat from its tall hanger. Noticing his struggle(the boy was jumping and tearing the air) the man piped, “Here, I’ll help.” Grabbing it, he kneeled down and bundled it around Jake’s scrawny body.
The sun peeked through the thick fog and shone through the parish’s large glass windows, as they walked to the man’s car.
Before reaching it he asked, “Is your grandmother home?”
“Yes”.
The man looked away in disappointment, then an idea came to mind. He looked back at Jake eagerly.
“I would very much like to meet her, “ he said-- his chapped lips smirking as he poked a plastic white band through the slits of his black clerical shirt.

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5