Polaroid

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »

Chapter 5

“I’ve gotten so used to wearing this mask over the past month, that even my eyes have gotten used to it. It’s my trademark. Like the Joker’s scars or Voldemort’s lacking his nose, I’ve got my mask.” I paced back and forth. “I’ve never been so happy, you know. I’ve always liked the dark. It reminds us that we are not all knowing. But I like being all knowing over some things. That’s why I’m in this profession. It lets me be in control. Plus, I only have to work at night, so I can sleep during the day. I feel like a vampire.” I laughed really hard, because I’m just hilarious. She didn’t think I was so funny though. I knew I would have to think of a special one for this girl. “I know!” I exclaimed. “I’ll throw you off a roof!” The terror on her face just made me happier.

So, I prepared her. I untied her, but I still had a hold on her- my fingers pinched her wrists. She wriggled against me, but I was much stronger. “You know, you’re quieter than most.” Silence. “Oh well.” I said as we traveled in my truck to the set location I picked out.

We headed to the top, climbing the ladder, her ahead of me. “You’re a pretty one, Juliette.”

“My name’s not Juliette.” she squeaked.

“Ah, she finally speaks. Well, we can pretend. You’ll be Juliette and I’ll be Romeo, only this time, you’ll be the only one dead.” I laughed again as we reached the top. “I almost wish I could keep you, but where’s the fun in that?” I fixed her hair. It was long, brown, and beautiful. “Off you go.” I said, about to push her off. “Wait! I almost forgot!” I pulled out my Polaroid camera and took a picture of her. “Can’t leave without a picture!” I looked at it. “This won’t do! Another!” I threw the first picture away from me and decided the next was adequate.

Then, I pushed her off. A few seconds later, I heard a thud. Smiling, I took out the red spray paint in my bag. “What to write, what to write…” I thought for a second. “I know!”

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Writingwizard said...
Jul. 15, 2016 at 10:21 am
Great plot twist! Suspenseful throughout!

Jelizabeth replied...
thanks! @Writingwizard