Polaroid

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

Chapter 1

The empty sheets beside me remind me of my new reality. I feel around, but nobody is there. It makes all the memories return.

“I thought we were supposed to be in this together!” I yelled, almost shaking the walls.

“Ever since this new ‘job’,” she made quotations with her fingers. “If that’s still the story. You never come home anymore! How do I know there isn’t another woman?”

“Paige-,”  I said softly. She rolled her eyes. “Paige, there is no ‘other woman’. I love you!”

“Then, where are you in the middle of the night? I go to sleep, and you’re not there. I wake up, and you’ve already left for work. The only time I get to see you is holidays.”

“Would you rather live on the street?” I said as tears began to form in her eyes.

“Whatever, it’s just-,” she grasped for the words. “too much.” she crossed to the bed, picking up a suitcase as she went. “I’m done. I can’t handle this-you anymore,” packing as she ranted, all of her things quickly vanishing from the room.

“Please, stay. Just, give me another chance,” I pleaded.

Looking up, into my eyes, I saw how much it hurt her to do this. She took a picture of the two of us on a vacation off the table and breathed, “I can’t.”   With that, she left, slamming the door as she went. And that was the last I saw of her.

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Writingwizard said...
Jul. 15, 2016 at 10:21 am
Great plot twist! Suspenseful throughout!

Jelizabeth replied...
thanks! @Writingwizard