The Sleepover | Teen Ink

The Sleepover

June 8, 2016
By Dopekid BRONZE, Brooklyn center, Minnesota
More by this author
Dopekid BRONZE, Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

0% LUCKY

100% BLESSED

The Sleepover
Once there were these two girls. Their names were Emily and Samantha. They were the best of friends and they ride and die for each other. Emily had coffee brown hair with hazel eyes and was lengthy. She had a curious personality and lives carefree. On the other hand, we have Sam, short for Samantha, who is a blond with blue eyes. Her personality is the complete opposite of Emily. She is outgoing but, very careful and questions everything. One day Emily suggested that they have a sleepover at her Aunt’s house different from where they usually have sleepovers. Samantha’s mom thought it was a great idea and said they have it tomorrow after Emily asks her aunt if they could come over. Emily knew that her aunt was unheard of since she was three years old but, she was all about risks. She called Sam and her mother that night and lied right through the phone. Sam’s mom promised that she would drive them up to Emily’s aunt’s house the next morning.
When morning arrived, they packed all their equipment for the night and off they went. The car trip there had their butts sore. They were driving for at least three and a half hours causing the girls to knock out in the back seats of the car. When they finally arrived, the wind hit hard causing the car to vibrate and almost tip over. Emily’s aunt’s house looked abandoned and was the only one in sight. All the tree’s in her lawn were dead and it was summer. Her grass was a dirty brown color and her sidewalks looked like an earthquake just hit. When we approached the door, it had in bold, dark, capitalized letters DO NOT ENTER OR ELSE!!! Samantha glared at Emily.
“ I don’t think this is the right place,” exclaimed Samantha.
“I’m pretty sure this is the right place,” Emily reassured.
Emily slowly creaked through the brown, wooden, broken door and a strong odor caused them to be noseblind. Samantha’s mother had to run, for she was late for a dentist appointment. She grabbed Samantha aside and asked Emily to excuse them.
“I’m not so sure about this place so, I’m gonna be back tonight to pick you up,” worried Mom.
“ I don’t like this place either momma.Matter of fact, pick me up after your dentist appointment,” said Samantha.
“It is okay honey, Emily will introduce you to her aunt and everything will be okay,” reassured Mom.
“ Ok momma, I love you!” Emily hollered as her mom got in her car and drove away.
Now, it was just Samantha, Emily and, whatever was in the house. Samantha scurried her way up the porch steps next to Emily. They entered through the half broken door that was slightly creaked open. A rush of dust came flying into their throats causing them to cough like old men with tuberculosis. When they were a few steps in, there was a flight of stairs the size of Mount Everest in front of them. Emily suggested that they climb it, for her aunt might be sleeping up there. Every other stair had a hole the size of a bowling ball in it and when you looked into the hole it looked bottomless. The house had dim, blue, flickering lights . Sam suggested that they leave but it was to late, for her mother had left and they were practically in the middle of nowhere. When Samantha and Emily’s sore legs finally got to the top of the stairs, they felt like their legs were bruised and bloody but, they didn’t have the energy to check. Their eyes become heavy but, they manage to remain conscious. Then, they notice the only door  leading to a room, they assume.
“She must be in there,” Emily says exhaustively.
“ Let’s go then,” Sam says impatiently.
“Since, I opened the first door you have to open this one,” Emily suggested.
“Whatever,” scoffed Samantha.
She slowly but surely approached the door. She twisted the metallic knob and a dirty     mixture of socks and expired meat hit them hard causing them to take a couple steps back.
“HELLO!!!!” Samantha yelled.
“AUNTY, YOU IN THERE!!” Emily hollered.
They see a dark figure bent down and teething something. The dark figure arises from the bed and heads in there direction. Samantha got scared and hobbles back a few steps. It had red eyes and was grinning from ear to ear.
“My time has come,” it whispered softly to itself so the girls couldn’t hear.
When it finally came to the dim, yellowish light of the upper floor we found out it was Emily’s long lost aunt. She had wild hair that seemed like it hadn’t been combed in months. Her teeth were stained and her mouth had a expired Cheetos smell. Her clothes were torn and her skin was a gray color because of the dirt.
“Welcome to my house,” she said grimly.
She welcomed us and took us downstairs to the kitchen for drinks. We drank and ate, expired food, and it was going really well until it got dark outside. Emily and Sam were in the livingroom, and Emily was telling Sam about how her aunt’s kids were taken from her and sent to foster care because they never felt safe with their mother. They were always hurt when it got dark. Their father held the family together. After he died, of nobody knows what, his wife became the craziest woman alive, and the kids were sent to different foster homes because their mother was too dangerous to be around. After hearing the story, Sam realized that it was getting dark outside and that the aunt was going to go madly insane. She tried to call her mother, but there was no service in the middle of nowhere.
Suddenly, the house starts to vibrate and branches start beating against the windows. The windows pop and shattered glass flies in all directions. Sam and Emily had something coming their way, but weren’t quite sure what it was. Then, the aunt comes flying out the kitchen with a stack of about a hundred plates. She starts flinging at them at about forty-five miles per hour. They quickly lay flat on their stomachs. Samantha trembled in fear while Emily pissed her pants in guilt.
She subsequently ran out of plate and sprinted back in the kitchen. The girls ran in different direction searching for exits, but the house was barricaded. She reappears in the livingroom, however, this time with a fully loaded rifle. She let out a menacing laugh that was ear piercing. She sent a vicious, rabid aye aye after Samantha and beer bellied,hairy chef with a butcher knife after Emily. She spun in a 360 shooting in all directions like a disco ball. Her eyes were pitch black and if you looked into them it would damage your soul.
Finally, she landed a bullet on one of the girl and it was her niece. It was on her upper right thigh.
“ It is all my fault Sam. I put us into this, I’m Sorry,” Emily whimpered.
“ What do you mean?” said Sam breathlessly.
“ I lied to you and your mom. My mom told me not to come to auntie's house but I ignored her and wanted to do what has never been done before with my best friend,” she cried.
The butcher finally got to Emily and chopped her up limb by limb into small pieces and tossed her into a boiling pot on the stove. Samantha fell to her knees in shock as her heart leaped out her chest and shattered into a million pieces. The aye aye that was after Sam made a U-turn and sprinted as fast as Usain Bolt and dipped its way into the pot of chopped up Emily. Tears flowed down her cheeks like a waterfall as she saw her bestie get torn limb by limb then eaten by an aye aye.
It was then that Samantha noticed that her mom pulled up by the curb. As she turned to try to break the main entrance, there Emily’s aunt was.
“ You thought you could leave that easily,” the aunt roars.
“ We’ll see,” Sam says in mockery.
She attacked Sam and her soul entered Sam’s frightened body. She takes full control of Samantha’s body and tosses her into her worn out, ratchet body. She shoves Samantha into the room that the aunt was originally found.
“ Your time will come,” she snickers to Sam.
She makes her way to the exit and into the shotgun seat leaving Sam in the abandoned, cold house that is in the middle of nowhere. The tip of Samantha’s nose and her hand press against the frosty window as she watches her mother drive away with a stranger.
“ I’m right here mom,” Samantha howells.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.