DEAD REBORN | Teen Ink

DEAD REBORN

By Raul123, San Diego, California
Raul123, San Diego, California

So sk8 It

I was at the supermarket getting groceries.  As i walked my body started to feel heavy. Everything around me started to get blurry and dark. Soon i had fainted. I woke up at the hospital feeling a pain in my shoulder. I got up off the bed, i put on my clothes And i went outside. All of the halls were trashed with carts on the ground as i went out. there was blood on the floor i was scared and confused. did someone attack the hospital? why is there blood on the ground?                                      I then walked out of the hospital to see if i could get a ride home but there was no one. all cars were left behind. some were smashed or crashed. I walked toward a
car that had been smashed into a pole. As i walked toward the car, there was a lady on the ground. i ran toward her, seeking some information, but as i got closer the lady was bloody and had scratches on her face. When i approached her she was moaning and i noticed she was cut in half.i started to think that she was a zombies, The lady tried to bite me and i grabbed a piece of glass from a broken car window and jabbed it into the ladys forehead. I thought to myself what could have that been? i was pretty sure it was a zombie.
I then walked around the town in search of some help.
I started to get flashbacks as i walked. There was an old homeless man that ran towards me when i was at the market. he grabbed me with force and said,
“It’s happening! the invasion, it just started! we’re all gonna die because of me,” the old man said.
I pushed him away and he bit my wrist. i looked at the bite and it seemed to be infected. the security took the old man away as he laughed. i was concerned about what he had said. that was when i began to fall on the ground.
I kept walking around until i saw a giant limo in the middle of the street. I went inside the limo to check for help or something useful. When i checked the limo there was no one in there. I found a revolver laying on the limo floor. As i checked out the gun, the limo started to shake side to side. I pointed the gun towards the door and out of nowhere a person like the lady i saw earlier popped up and i shot the him in the head. the body slid down the door and and fell on me. i pushed it aside. the limo shook again side to side. something broken into the limo floor and grabbed my foot. I kicked and i got out of the limo. when i got out of the limo i couldn't believe what i saw.zombies everywhere. i rushed under the back inside the limo and the zombies followed me. i was scared i thought it was the end until i heard a crash of glass and fire everywhere. all the zombies died and i heard someone calling out off the distance.

“who’s there?  “you could say thank you,” a voice said.
I looked around to see who had said that,
but i didn't see anyone. There was an old building on the corner of the block. she started to get closer walking with a bat and a crowbar. She had approached me and asked me a question.

“you here by yourself?”, asked the lady, I replied,
“yes”.
“let me help you up?”,
     “those things out there that try to eat you were zombies you know that right?”.
     “yes.”
“come with me we can help you.”
I agreed and followed her to the old building.
“so why were you by yourself?”
“i don't know i was shopping at the market when some old guy came up to me and started saying weird things to me then i started to feel bad and i ended up in a hospital. When i woke up and there was no one there and i left and ended up here”.
“well we’ll take good care of you.”

As we entered the building, there was broun walls stone floor and a couch in the middle with a table in front were two other people sitting down talking and playing cards. There was a counter with cups and a metal tool bar. At the other side of the building there were a flight of stairs that went up to another room.
“Hey! your back”, yelled some guy as he hugged the girl who saved me.
“where did you go? i went out to look for you and i didn't see you i thought you were dead”.
“ i just went out to get some fresh air when i saw this guy get attacked so i thought he needed some help”.
“o.k then, what's your name then kid?”
“noah”.
“neat name” mort complemented. “well make yourself at home”. he suggested.

“yeah thats my dad always worrying about me like always”.
“seems like a good man i guess”.
I sat down and i started to think about starting of the zombie invasion was the old man at the market and if it was i might be turning into a zombie. I wasn't sure if that was going to happen or not. I kept it secret so mort and the others don't do weird experiments on me or kill me.
I started talking to the guys that were sitting down on the couch, just to get to know them better there names are John and Morris. They told me that they were trying to find a way to get out of town. I got off the couch and looked for Monica.

“Hey monica i heard mort and morris say that you guys are planning to leave Los Vegas”.
“we already have a plan to get an airplane”,
“yes but why spend time looking for an airplane when you can make an airplane with both our knowledge of engineering we can make an airplane from scratch”,
“ok then how are we going to get parts for that?”
“leave that to me i can go out and find help and parts around the city”
“ok then go but try to get parts as fast as possible we don't have all the time in the world.”
I went around the city to look for parts but i had no transportation so i went to go look for a car and maybe hot wire it. As i was walking i went on the roof for a better look and i found a blueprint, it was a like two motorcycles combined. i brang it back to the old building and it took me a while but i brang two motor cycles and made one big motorcycle. I used it to look for parts.

There was A gang member with a big motorcycle just like mine and i thought “thats where it came from” the gang member tried to smash me but i was fast enough to dodge the hit. He then hit again and hit the rear wheel of the motorcycle. I wasnt able to move the motorcycle and he stopped driving and got off the vehicle. He stepped towards me and he saw the blueprint in my back pocket and took it away.
“how did you get this?”
“I was walking and i saw it on a roof, so i grabbed and made myself a motorcycle”, i replied.
“you know why i smashed you?”,
“no why?”
“because this blueprint is mine and i dont like it when people steal my things and ideas”,
“i didn't know it was yours”,
“well you should have thought of that first”. He replied.
He then grabbed a bottle with gasoline, a rag and lit it up.
“ woah, woah, woah! what are you doing man?” i yelled.
“this is a molotov and this one here is going to burn you up”
“you don't have to do that, it was a mistake! i shouldn't have done that.”
“well i don't do things that way”.
He gripped the bottle and raised it up over his head. I was afraid. I tried to back up while i was on the ground when he was about to through it someone shot his leg. i couldn't see their face with the sun hitting my eyes. i raised my hand over my eyes to see who it was and it was monica. the biker fell on his knees and looked back too see who it was and i kicked the back of his head and he was knocked out. I was glad to be alive and a little lucky.
“you’re welcome… again”
“thanks and why do i always see you saving my life,” I replied.
“i don’t know,” she grabbed my hand and helped me up. i walked to the biker and took the blueprints back.
Monica and i walked back and she said, “i thought you were going to get parts for the plane”
“yeah well its not easy when a biker is trying to kill you”. Monica giggled. when we arrived at the building we both sat down. When i sat down i soon fell asleep.
While i was asleep i started to get like a flash of the future the earth was filthy with trash everywhere no one but zombies. All volcanos in the world were erupting. It was a nightmare.
I woke up a little sweaty breathing heavily. It felt like it was going to come true. I stood up and walked towards the roof of the building. Once i got up on the roof i sat down on the ledge and started to think, how could the old man from the market gotten the virus and turn the whole world into zombies. I rolled up my sleeve and looked at the bite the old man gave me. I then reflected what's going to happen to me. Will i turn into a zombie?, will i die?,or will i survive and this just a little wound nothing is going to happen to me? I heard someone skedaddle up stairs and i rolled my sleeves back and noticed back to see who or what it was.

monica walked towards me and said,
    “whats the matter, cant sleep?,”
“no i had a nightmare and woke me up”
    “oh ok”, “what was it about?”
    “it was about the world, it was all destroyed worse than you can imagine all was gone except zombies and volcanos erupting like crazy”
well hope you can get some sleep, i'm going to go back down and sleep, see you in the morning”.
I came down to and sat down and just layed down i soon fell asleep. i woke up and it was morning i stood up and went out to look for parts for the plane. i Went to the military base. I knew that i wasn't going to get help from monica this time.

I found a truck and i took it when i got there i found three small propellers i bring them back and went back for more parts. When i came back for more parts there were more zombies there and i didn't have anything to use other than the gun but i knew using a gun is a bad idea because of the noise the gun makes would attract more zombies.

Before i got any parts i got a wooden stick and some metal wire from the ground and combined them both to make a stick wrapped with a wire. I sneaked behind a zombie and smashed its head and took them out one bye one. Once i got threw all the zombies i grabbed as many pieces of metal as possible for the cover of the plane. I came and i saw monica making sketches of the plane. i left all the scraps of metal on top of some boxes for monica.
“oh you started working on the plane already thats great!”, i cheerfully said.
“yeah i started so then i can get straight to work when you have all the parts”
“ok perfect, i'm going to get more parts because i think i saw some wheels back where i was”
“ok then” she replied.
I went out and there were no zombies left and i thought there would be some zombies walking around. I didn't find anything else so i went to go somewhere else to look. I went to a garage for jets to see if there was something useful there and there was a jet thruster so i loaded that on the truck and more metal scraps. i came back and i showed monica the jet thruster and her face looked so odd.
    “why did you bring a jet thruster?”
    “to give the plane more power, speed, and it looks cool”
    “fine maybe i can fit this in”
    “yes!” i cheered.
I went to the couch which is my bed and slept. it was morning and i got up off my my bed and looked for monica to see how the noise when i was asleep.
“how are you doing on the plane so far?”
“the plane is coming out perfect why?”
“because i heard a lot of noise last night and just wanted to make sure what was going on”plane was going because i heard a lot of
“yeah i was putting on the dumb thruster on the plane”
“can i see it?”
“sure”. She declared.

I walked behind the plane the thruster was nailed on perfectly at bottom of the plane.
“woah that looks so awesome!,” i complimented.
“lets hope it works because it took me all night to hook that baby up.” Monica hoped.
    I walked up to Morris and asked him if he want ed to to come along with me to go get parts for the plane.
Morris agreed to come with so we hopped on the truck and strolled around.

Morris and i were in the truck driving around when we saw the mayor with the swat team shooting zombies because there was a crowd of them trying to get to the mayor.

morris and i drove back and told mort and monica about what we saw. we came in running and breathing heavily.
    “What happened to you guys why are you guys so tired?”monica asked.
    “we just ran a little but morris and i found the mayor with the swat team protecting her and killing zombies.”
    “should we help

her?” asked monica.
    “of course she's the mayor”
    “ok then lets go”
    Mort, Morris, Monica, and i went to go help the mayor so we mort and morris jumped on the back of the truck and monica and i went shotgun. Once we got there we all ran towards the mob of zombies and started to stab zombies and soon there were no zombies left. When all the zombies were died we rushed towards the mayor and asked if she was ok.
“are you ok?”
“yes im ok thanks to you guys, my soldiers were about to run out of ammo”
“mayor Jess” she greeted while she shook my hand.
    “and i'm noah.”

Mayor jess was a really pleasing person. so pleasing i made friends with her. Mayor jess said that her base was at a grocery store and that if i need some help with anything to go to her base and ask for help. we all came back to the old building because it was starting to get dark. It seemed like it was a long day and i was tired so i went to bed and fell asleep. monica and mort stayed up working on the plane while morris also went sleep. i woke up early and went out to try an idea i had for a while. i went out and killed a zombie and hid in a valley. i then put on a mask and a lab coat. i grabbed a knife and cut parts of the zombie and put them on me. after i was done putting zombie parts i went out and walked near a zombie mob and see if they would attack me if i had the smell of a zombie on me. I walked slowly and hoped the zombies wouldn't notice. All the zombies would move and make like a passage for but stared like they knew something was up. I then walked away from the herd and took the lab coat off. I left it on the ground and walked to the building. When i walked in mort, morris, and monica were already awake.
    “hey where did you go?” monica asked as she looked at the blueprints she made.
    “ I was just looking for parts nearby”
    “ did you find anything?”
“no i didn't find anything useful i only found what we already have”
“ok then”
I sat down on the couch and got a new idea like what if i killed enough zombies to fill the whole truck with zombie parts. That would be cool to do. since then i've had some ideas on what to use that technique on. i was thinking if i should tell monica about my discovery. I thought maybe i tell her when we really need to use that technique. I got up off the couch and got in the truck and drove around to find gas because i noticed there was only a little gas left so i looked for a gas station to see maybe i could find at least a gallon of gas. i found a gas station not to far from the building. i went into the gas station and sneaked in because there was zombies outside. i found a gun and two gallons of gas. when i went out back to the truck i started to hear noises like a hammer smashing metal. i heard it behind the gas station. I walked slowly behind the gas station and found guards and a fence guarding an abandoned factory.

I then thought of sneaking through the back and broke the knob of the back door and walked in.

There was bombs and bombs and bombs.
    I went to go look for mayor jess and tell her that i found an abandoned factory.when i got in the truck i heard mayor jess calling and i opened the door again and looked back and saw mayor jess running she then aggressively called her guards to kidnap me and took me in the factory.