The Mystery of The Cold and Hearted One | Teen Ink

The Mystery of The Cold and Hearted One

By Briana Gomes, San Diego, California
Briana Gomes, San Diego, California

Author's note:

Briana G is just starting out as a freshman in high school and has been off to a pretty amazing start. She’s written her first ever real novel and is proud of all the work she’s put into it. She hopes to make a change in life and help others to do good. She’s 14 and currently lives in San Diego, California.

Hi there this is a story about a boy named Shawn Jackson and he’s about to experience the   biggest tragedy in his life.

“Shawn, come downstairs it’s time for dinner!”      
            “Alright I’m coming.”
      Shawn Jackson is 15, his brown-reddish hair was always the best feature that everyone loved because it brought out a real personality that he had to give, his green eyes was another feature people liked because it doesn’t happen often that a dark haired person to have green eyes, he’s 5’9 which is pretty tall for a 15 year old he also has pale skin and everyone makes fun of him because there’s not that many people in this small town to have pale skin.  As a kid he didn’t really like to involve himself in things with his parents or anyone else. He always felt like he wasn’t good enough to hang out with other kids or people because he didn’t have the money to do things with them. He always saw kids running around outside playing with each other and he would cry to himself every night because he didn’t have what they had and he wanted what they had.  When he got older he started to open up more and do things he wanted to do and he was so smart and he loved watching crimes on TV shows and sometimes he would pretend to be the best crime solver in all of Mississippi. Shawn wore Flannels with sweatpants and Chucks (Converse) for those people who don’t know what that is. Shawn always fought with his parents and wished sometimes that they would just disappear and he wouldn’t care. But He didn’t know that what was about to happen would change his perspective on his parents.
All of a sudden, Shawn hears screaming and gun shots. “Ahhhh..”
     He doesn’t know what to do, he hides under his bed and waits for what or who ever it is to leave. He hears footsteps coming up the stairs, the anticipation is getting higher and higher, he hears the creaking of the floorboards and a man opens his bedroom door and Shawn goes quiet within seconds. The man walks around to find nothing and then the man leaves.
***
     The next day, Shawn is still underneath his bed and awake. He was scared of what happen the night before that he didn’t want to move. Shawn gets out from underneath his bed and starts to walk downstairs slowly, to find his parents are dead they both had two shots fired on them one in the chest, one in the head and there was blood everywhere. He started to cry so much that his eyes were so red. Shawn picked up the phone and called the police. The police and ambulance came the police officer ask,
“Son, what happened?”
“Its my parents sir, they’re, they’re dead, they were killed by this man!”shawn replied.
“I want you to tell me exactly what happened son.” said the officer.
“My mom called me for diner and all of a sudden I heard screaming and gun shots, I didn’t know what to do so I had hidden under my bed and waited till he was gone!” Shawn replied with great speed.
The officer replied with a great and powerful voice,
“Ok, you're coming with me so we can get you to health.”
They took Shawn with them to the hospital to give him some food, they tried to see if he had any family left and nothing came up, it was just him a 15 year old boy all alone.
They took him to a foster home where he would live for a little while so he could finish school.
***
The next day, Shawn went to school to find everyone talking about him and how his parents were murdered, he started to cry so he ran to the bathroom. He walks out to find his girlfriend waiting for him. His girlfriend's name was Aria Lancaster and she was a nice girl who loved to be in people’s business but that’s why people love her. She wore something different everyday so you can’t really tell what kind of person she is. Aria is 16 and she has brown hair which everyone seems to think that’s her best feature, she has hazel eyes, 5’7, she’s just a simple girl. She walks up to give him a hug and to apologise for what had happened to his parents. 
“I’m so sorry for what happened Shawn,” Aria apologised.
Shawn answered, “Thanks, that means a lot.”
“I know you didn’t think they were that good at being parents, but they loved you so much,”said Aria.
“I know, but I blame myself because maybe if it wasn’t for me being so rude to them, this might have never happened!” Shawn complained.
Aria replied, “Don’t feel bad, its not your fault, you can’t blame yourself.”
The first bell rang, “Ring, ring!”
“Come on, It’s time to go to class,” Shawn said in an upset voice.
As they walk off to class, all the kids whisper mean and awful things about him. The rest of the day Shawn was quiet and didn’t say a thing not even if someone said hello, he just wanted to be left alone.
  ***
All he wanted to do was forget what happened, but for some reason he wanted to investigate and his parents and if they had a connection with them. As the days go by he does some of research and doesn’t find anything. Days pass and something comes up in the news, Shawn’s dad’s boss has been killed with two shots fired one in the chest and one in the head, just like his parents.
Shawn starts to think maybe someone was trying to get revenge by killing all the people who did something to him.
He calls his girlfriend Aria to tell her that he thinks he’s found something that has to deal with the murders that have happened in the past week.
He says, “Aria, I think I found something that relates to the murders happening in town!”
She comments,”Really, I’ll come over right away!” They both hang up the phone.

The doorbell rings, Shawn sprints to the door and pulls Aria in.
“Come on, I need to tell you in private, we can’t do it in front of the other kids!” said Shawn.
They run to Shawn’s room and close the door.
He starts ranting on how he thinks this murderer had some sort of thing against his dad and his boss and how it was enough to kill them both. He strongly believes that this is going to happen again. His dad worked with multiple people, some of those people became his friends over the years.
Aria asks, “How do you know for sure it was a random person your father meet once before?”
“I’m sure he meet this guy before, maybe at work or something,” Shawn replied.
“You don’t know that, maybe it was a person he knew really well, maybe a friend or a co-worker,” Aria rapelled.
Shawn said, “You might be right, but I really need your help trying to solve this crime and to find and bring this guy to justice!”
“Sure no problem, I would always help you for anything you need,” said Aria. “Thanks!” replied shawn.
They say goodbye, until they see each other again.
***
As the weeks go by, Shawn and Aria are still trying to figure out who might have killed shawn’s parents, they still haven’t found any clues as to who did these crimes. There hasn’t been another killing in weeks and these murders happened right after each other.
“Maybe we should give up on this whole investigation, we haven’t found anything,” Aria suggested.
“No not yet there has to be something we haven’t tried yet, I’m not giving up, not like this, not now!” he answered with a force.
Aria replied, “I was just saying.”
“I know, but I have to do this, for my parents,” commented Shawn.
A couple more weeks go by and out of the blue another killing has happened and one of shawn’s father’s co-workers was murdered and he had the exact same wounds one shot to the chest and one to the head, his name was Max.
“He was an amazing person from what my father had told me, he also said that Max made people laugh and now he’s gone just like my parents, this needs to be stopped and fast!” Shawn weeping.
***
He looks up the people that worked with his dad, there’s about five guys left to be saved from this killer. Months go by and there hasn’t been sign of this man or any more killings, than a year goes by and nothing, so aria and shawn decides to leave their investigation alone for a while and see if anything happens in the mean time they’re looking for clues.
***
Why is it so important for Shawn to find this guy? At this point in the story Shawn and Aria have no idea what to do and it’s really eating at Shawn because he says this man is terrorising the town, these peoples family members are dieing and he wants to help these family bring this guy to justice. Shawn is about to discover something big in this case.
***
“Aria come here, I think I might have found something that will help with this case about my parents and the others!” he says with a distinguished voice.
“What, what is it?” she asked.
Shawn says, “I found this newspaper from about ten years ago, it says that there was an incident at my dad’s job, some guy threatened to kill everyone who had signed a petition for him to be fired because they had said that he wasn’t doing is work and he was just being a jerk, they wanted him gone.”
“We should look up who had been working there within ten years ago, we might be able to find a name,” she mentions.
They go through a lists of names, but all the name are the same no one removed from those years, not one. Shawn and Aria think that this man had erased his tracks of ever being in town.
  “thud, thud…” a noise came from outside the window.
       “What was that?” aria asked.
“I don’t know, let’s check it out,” Shawn said.
It’s about ten at night and everyone is asleep, Shawn and Aria go out the back door with a flashlight and Shawn’s waving it around and doesn’t see anything. Than they hear the sound again, “thud, thud..”
“Hey, who is that?” Shawn asked.
No one responses, but shawn waves his flashlight and see’s a man dressed in all black and realizes that its that guy who killed his parents, he knew because he’s wearing the same shoes that he saw from under his bed.
“Hey you, STOP!” Shawn said.
The man started running and shawn and aria follow him into the dark side of the street and shawn’s flashlight stops working.
Shawn said, “No, we lost him, we need to go after him.”
“No Shawn we need to go back, we’ll get him later, but right now we know one thing about this guy,” Aria says.
“What could we possibly know about him?” Shawn asks.
“This man has been spying on us so we need to keep this on the down low because when we’re out he could be following us in a disguises and we would know it,” Aria explains
“Oh, alright,” Shawn said with a frowning face.

When reading this book it feels like you're watching a show that has more and more of a mystery, you know a lot of aha moments, that was just something to give you a little about the book, now let’s get back to the story.

They wait until the next day to thing about their strategy, they need to figure out a way how to catch this guy.
Shawn and Aria spend the whole day trying to figure out what they need to do to find and catch this monster that is killing people in this town.
“I don’t know what to do,” aria said
“We haven’t tried everything let’s take a break then we’ll go back to it.” said Shawn
“Alright, I don’t care,” says Aria.
***
The next day, they go to school and they start talking about what’s the deal with the plan. Shawn has no idea what to do and Aria hasn’t thought of anything so what they decide to do is to just to leave the whole thing alone and see if they see a guy walking around the neighborhood that looks suspicious. Shawn and Aria’s friend Ivan shows up. Shawn and Ivan go way back, they always hung out with each other it was always the two of them and that’s how they liked. They used to play basketball together all the time when they were kids and they listened and rocked out to classic rock music because back then it was the best music they had and everyone listened to it.
“Hey Guys, what’s up?” asked Ivan
“Nothing much,” Shawn and Aria said.
“What happened Ivan, how come you haven’t been at school or around?” asked Aria
Ivan answered, “I’ve been sick for a while I don’t know what’s wrong with me.” “So what have you guys been up to and Shawn how are your parents doing?” asked Ivan
“Umm, there dead.” answered shawn
“No really I know you don’t like them, but seriously.” said ivan
“He’s not kidding Ivan,” said aria.
Ivan says, “I’m so sorry, I had no idea.”
“It’s ok,” said shawn with a sad voice.
“bring, bring,” the bell rings.
“Come on we need to go to class, we’ll talk about it later,” Aria said to Shawn in a whispering voice.
As the day goes on Aria and Shawn catch up on how Ivan's been doing, they ask him questions and eat lunch with him. They than go their separate ways until the next day.
Aria asks, "Should we tell Ivan about this situation?"
Shawn replies, "I don't know if we should or not, maybe we should just tell him so he doesn't feel left out on why we would have to leave early on our hanging out days."
"Oh ok, we'll tell him tomorrow then," said Aria
"Ok then it's set we'll tell him first thing tomorrow morning!" Said Shawn.
***
Shawn and Aria have decided to tell their best friend Ivan about this killer on the loose. They call him over to Aria’s house.
“Ivan we need you to come over to my house, we have something to tell you it’s important!” said aria.
“Ok, on my way,” said Ivan.
He gets to her house with Aria and Shawn waiting for him at the door. They pull him in so fast that they all fall to the ground with impeccable force.
“Hurry, we need to be in private,” said Shawn.
They go to Aria’s room and they start talking to Ivan about what had been going on when he had been gone the past month.
“Ok, Ivan you need to keep what we’re about to tell you a secret got it,” said shawn.
Ivan answered, “Alright, what is it?”
“There’s a killer on the loose and he killed my parents, that’s why they’re gone,” said Shawn.
Ivan replied, “What? I’m so sorry Shawn, why did he do this?”
“We think it has something to deal with what happened along time ago,” said Aria
“Will you help us to try and catch him and bring him to justice?” asked Shawn
Ivan answered, “Yes, I’ll do it you're my best friends.”
“Ok and we think he has a dead pool because he’s been killing multiple people that are involved in my dad’s job,” said Shawn.
“We need to stop him then, how long have you thought about this?” asked Ivan
Shawn replied, “About a month, after he killed my dad’s boss and one of his co-workers.”
“Oh My Gosh!” said Ivan
“We’ll talk about this later, let’s hang out catch up, ok,” said Aria
“Alright,” said Shawn and Ivan.

What do you expect will happen in after they tell Ivan about their secret?.... I don’t know that’s why I’m writing this novel. Think a little about this before you read the next page or two.
***
The day after they told Ivan what was going on, Shawn and Aria were watching the news and the story was about another killing, this time it was one of my mom’s co-workers, her name was Linda.
“Oh no, this is terrible,” said Aria
“I feel like this is about more than a company it might be the whole town,” said Shawn.
Aria said, “We need to call Ivan NOW!”
"Bring, bring, bring, bring..." the phone rings.
"Come on Ivan, pick up!" Said Shawn.
Final Ivan picks up the just before it goes to voicemail.
Ivan said, “Hello, What’s wrong?”
“Did you watch the news, do you know what happening?” asked Aria.
“No, what?” answered.
Shawn replied, “Another person is dead!”
“I’ll be right there,” said Ivan.
Ivan hangs up the phone, and rushes over to Aria’s house as fast as possible.
“We can’t talk about this right now, we have school today!” she exclaimed.
Shawn responded, “Alright, we’ll talk about this later.”
“Ok, Where should we meet?” asked Ivan.
Aria replies, “Umm, the coffee shop right down the street from my house.”
They walk to school and on their way there they walk right by the crime scene, without looking or stopping to find so things out, they keep walking until they get to school.
***
    After school, they walk past the diner onto the street Aria’s house is on and walk into the coffee shop. It was a little run down, but it has the best coffee and hot chocolate in town. They all order coffee and sit at a rounded kind of table, it’s their favorite spot in the shop. They’re trying to figure out weather how long this is going to take they really need to come up with something and fast, they might have a dead pull on their hands.
“So we need to make a plan and quick,” Shawn stated.
Ivan commented, “Maybe we could do a night watch and we have two people then switch off one person and give breaks in between the three of us.”
“Actually that’s not a bad idea,” Aria responded.
Shawn asked, “When should we start?”
“How about tomorrow say 5 o’clock?” commented Ivan.
Aria and Shawn replied, “That workers for us.”
They all go their separate ways and say goodbye until tomorrow evening.

They meet up at Ivan’s house because his parents are out for the next week and they won’t have any distractions. The decide who is going to keep watch first it’s going to be Ivan and Aria, Aria and Shawn, Ivan and Shawn, and so on. This town isn’t that large so a lot of things happen at night no questions asked it’s always something.
Aria looked depressed, Ivan asked, “ What’s wrong?”
“I just wish Shawn would spend more time with me like we used to,” she replied.
“He just has so much on his mind right now and on the bright side you get an hour or two to be together on watch,” Ivan declared.
she responded, “Yeah, I know.”
They start their watch with Ivan and Aria first. As the two hours go by, they don’t notice anything. Now it’s Shawn’s and Aria’s turn together to keep watch, as the first hour goes by they don’t notice anything, than for the second hour they talk about some personal things about their relationship.
“Shawn, can I ask you a question?” aria explained
He answered, “Yeah , what’s up?”
“When all of this is over, you know when we catch this guy, do you think that things will go back to normal?” she asked.
He responds, “Yeah, all three of us will hang out more and…”
Aria interrupted, “No, you know what I mean us, me and you our relationship.”
“Of course, I wouldn’t want to change anything between us!” he exclaimed.
She’s crying, “Thank you, I was just worried!”
“It’s going to be ok, now our shift is over, you go rest and I’ll see you later.” Shawn whispered.
Aria leaves and Ivan comes out, Shawn and him don’t talk that much. Nothing appears to be happening and then the morning comes. As the beautiful sun comes up they get ready to start a new day.
***
It’s a new day and it’s time to go to school. They all walk to school looking like zombies, but everyone needs to go to school. If they didn’t have school they wouldn’t have anything to distract them from what’s been going. They don’t haven’t caught this guy and they’re starting to get worried because he’s out there and killing people. They can imagine all the blood, all over the floor, on the walls, it’s just gruesome.
“I have an idea, but we’re going to have to go back to the crime scene to get this clue if we really want to catch this guy,” Ivan announced.
“Terrific, let’s go than, what are we waiting for,” Shawn and Aria remarked.
They walk over to the crime scene, open the door and they start searching for clues as to who this guy might be.
“Have you found anything?” she asked.
“I think so,” Ivan said.
They gather around next to each other. It’s a gun shell, but these gun shells are hard to get because they don’t make them like the used to.
“It was hiding in the closet I found the two that were used to murder the victim.” “They said on the news that they couldn’t find the shells that were used,” Ivan explained.
“What do we do?” asked Aria.
“We take them and see what places still sell these types of bullets,” declared Ivan.
They leave the crime scene and go back to Ivan’s house to try and figure out where they still sell these gun shells. There aren’t that many places, but they are planning to check out all these places.
“There’s three places,” said Shawn.
Ivan replied, “Great, we’ll go tomorrow say around five thirty.”
“Sure,” Aria and Shawn stated.
“See you tomorrow,” Ivan shouted.
***
Has they go to school, they try not to talk because they don’t to risk anyone finding out what they’re up to. They go to class like normal students. They all leave school at different times so no one see them together, they meet up at Ivan’s house to discuss their plan and how its going to happen.
    “Let’s discuss the plan,” announced Shawn.
    “First we go to the one on thirty fifth street, than on twenty second, and lastly on sixty fourth,” explained Ivan
Aria added, “Alright, let’s go.”
Shawn stopped her, “Not yet, we haven’t thought about how we’re going to do this exactly.”
“Shawn’s right we need to think of a way to do this without people seeing us,” Ivan commented.
“Alright, I’m sorry,” Aria apologised.
“What are we planning to do because I have to be home by seven for dinner?” asked Aria.
“Umm if we can’t think of anything than, I think it over tonight and we’ll do this tomorrow,” responded Ivan.
“Ok, no problem,” Shawn said.
***
    After they went home, some strange things started to happen, the town started to get boring there was no life in the city. Everyone used to bond well together and hang out, now people stay indoors and don’t talk to anyone. Shawn, Aria, and Ivan are getting worried that these killings are starting to make everyone depressed and not care anymore what goes on in their lives. After this has been said and done Ivan finds something he thinks that they should just ask if the owner has seen a very suspicious looking man come in and ask for a certain type of gun shells. Its that simple, so Ivan calls them up to meet at the first store to look at and tell them what’s going to happen.
“Guys, we are going to ask if they’ve seen a suspicious looking man come in to the store asking for a certain gun shell and we’re going to do that for all three stores, Got it.” said Ivan.
They replied, “Yes, we understand.”
They started to ask the first guy, but he said no. The next store owner said no. Has they get to the last one they are nervous because if its not the right places they’re looking for then it has to be from a pawn shop or something then they just have to keep looking. They ask the last owner and his response was some what helpful. He said that no one came in to his store, but one of his buddies had someone with that same description come in about a week ago and asked for gun shells just like these ones. They leave to find this shop and its no where to be found, than Shawn sees it in a corner behind some trees. They walk in to it and it looks like its abandoned. They call for help no one answers, they try again and all of a sudden someone appears right in front of them.
“Hello!” the old man said
They jump with fright and scream, “Ahhhh!”
“What can I help you with?” he asked.
Shawn replies, “We’re wondering if a strange man walked in here and asked to buy these gun shells.”
He answered, “Yes, he was in about a week ago.”
“What did he look like, do you remember?” , they stated.
“He wore all black, I couldn’t really see his face, his skin color was white with a little color and I think his voice was kind of low high, it cracked a lot.” he commented.
“Thank you that helps a lot, bye bye now,” they remarked.
They left and went home and they spent the night over  at Ivan’s house trying to figure this out and what their next mission was and they waited till the next day because they were all tired.

They woke up with grumpiness. They looked at their clocks and realized that it was only 5:30 in the morning. They all groane and go back to sleep. As the new day starts they take the time to take a day off from searching for this guy.
“What should we do on our day off?” Aria asked.
Shawn announced, “We can watch some movies and just relax maybe take a nap.”
“That sounds splendid!” Ivan declared.
As they watch these movies throughout the day it gets dark and they realize that its time to hit the hay.
***
The day comes where they need to work extra hard to think of a plan.
“What’s our plan?” Aria whispered.
“Well we know physical appearance about this man, he could be a teenager or just a random killer on the loose,” Shawn shouted.
Ivan responds, “We can listen to all the guys and how they talk and look for the skin color the man described to us.”
Shawn replies, “That would be too noticeable and suspicious.”
“What we can do is watch for anything suspicious and put those people on a list because everyone knows everyone’s names and follow them around see if they do anything,” Aria suggested.
“Not a bad idea, ok we’ll use that method and see if it works the way we want it to work,” Shawn commented.
Ivan responded, “I think we should really talk about this more and how we’re going to do it and what supplies do we need, we really have to think of a plan before we go along with it, don’t you think.”
“Alright, what do you suggest?” asked Shawn.
He responded, “Umm well we could find a hide out place that surrounds the whole town.”
Aria interrupted, “Oh, there’s an old abandoned warehouse just up the street from my house, we can use that!”
“Alright, and we might need some snacks in case we get hungry,” Ivan added.
Shawn exclaimed, “Then it’s settled, we’ll meet on Monday at 4 o’clock to start our investigation.”
“Why can’t we start now, its only 12 o’clock?” she asked.
Ivan comments, “Yeah, how come?’
“You guys up for it now, ok then let’s go, grab anything we might use,” Shawn answered.
They grab all they can to bring with them to the hideout and start walking done to the street to the old abandoned warehouse. Shawn and Ivan start to set up their equipment and making sure that no one will see their hideout, putting sheets over the windows.
“Everything is set up, we can start as soon as we all make sure that whatever happens we can’t get out of this,” said Shawn.
Ivan and Aria boasted, “Yes, we understand, no matter what.”
As they start their investigation, nothing is said, haven’t seen anyone suspicious, nothing of the sort. They decide it’s the weekend everyone is with their families and with the holidays coming up it's the perfect time to keep look out for people. Everyone is running trying to get the perfect gifts, but there’s always those people who don’t like the holidays so we write them done and go down the list, because for all we know he’s still in town walking everywhere deciding who to get next.
***
The weeks go by and the holidays are here it’s one of the most stupendous holiday of the year, THANKSGIVING! It’s the time to be caring to one another, sing songs, and spend time with family and the best part, PRESENTS! This year in Shawn’s case he has no one and it’s the first time he won’t be with a family for the holidays. He’s not alone he still has Ivan and Aria.
Ivan calls Shawn and asks, “Do you want to come over and spend some time together, just you and me?”
“Sure, I’ll be right over in about 5 minutes,” he replied.
Shawn and Ivan spend the whole day playing video games and just doing guy things. They still plan on hiding out for the next few weeks because of the holidays rolling around it’s a lot easier to look for the grundy and weird looking people.
***
For the next few days, all three of them are on a look out watching over the town and so far everything's been good nothing has happened...yet. The next morning they find out someone else has been murdered this time it was no one we knew really. It was a woman who lived down the street, no one knew her because she never came out of her house it seemed like she was scared to death from something or someone.
“We seriously need to stop this and quick, people are dieing and the police aren’t even doing anything,” said Shawn.
Ivan adds, “I know, this is a serial killer we’re dealing with and he’s probably just looking for the next person to kill!”
“What can we do, to be honest we’re not getting anywhere!” Aria stated.
Shawn declares, “We should just skip school a few days and figure out more, this guy has to be hiding out somewhere in town.”
“I agree, we should go out looking for some abandoned place and start looking there and motels in town,” Ivan suggested.
Aria responded, “Look if we’re going to do this we need to have some sort of weapon in case something terrible happens.”
“Ok, that shouldn’t be a problem, I think my dad as one in our shed,” said Ivan.
Shawn response, “We’ll start Friday, no questions.

Friday rolls around and they start their investigation. Aria starts having second thoughts on this plan.
“I don’t know if I can go through with this anymore!” she announced.
“We can’t stop now and remember we’re all in this together,” said Shawn.
Shawn adds, “You’ll be fine, we thought of everything, nothing bad will happen.”
Ivan butts in, “Yeah like he said nothing will happen.
They move in with the plan, they start searching everything that looks abandoned. They don’t find anything in the first couple places and they find nothing. When they look at the next place they find some really important clues that will help them with their investigation.
“I found something,” whispered Aria.
“What is it?” asked Shawn.
Aria replies, “There’s some old food cans, worn out clothes and their all black!”
Ivan butts in, “Just like how the man was described.
“Maybe we can get some finger prints off of the can and clothes or anything else we can find on these things,” said Shawn.
They take all the things that the man used at take it to Ivan’s house to put and keep in a safe place.
“We’ll leave them here for the meantime,” Shawn explained.
Ivan comments, “No problem, they’ll be in my basement in case anyone needs to take a look at it.”
They go out again to look for more abandoned stores or motels. They walk up to a motel that hasn’t been in service for a while it was called “Hotel for Believers” whatever that meant. They search the lobby for the keys to all the rooms and any clues. One of the keys was missing, it was #13.
“Let’s check it out, maybe he was here,” announced Ivan.
All of them start looking around and all of the man’s things were still there and that meant he was staying here, but it looked like he was about to leave from this spot.
“I think he’s been moving place to place so no one would find him,” said Aria.
All of a sudden footsteps are coming toward the room and they start to panic.
“What do we do, we’re stuck!” whispered Aria.
“Look there’s a door to the next room, come on let’s get out here!” shouted Shawn.
All of them run to the next room and wait to see if the guy leaves and then follow him. It gets quiet nothing seems to be happening. Shawn finds a hole in the wall to the man’s room. He looks through it and the guy is gone, he just disappeared out of no where without making a sound.
“We lost him!” shouted Ivan
Shawn comments, “Don’t worry, we’ll find him again and try harder to not let him get away.”
“What should we do now?” asked Aria.
“We’ll go home for the night because it’s getting late, then we’ll wait till monday to go out because its too risky to get caught by anyone,” responded Shawn.
***
The weekend goes by without any problems being reported and its monday the worst day of the week. Shawn and Aria meet up at Ivan’s house because they had decided that they weren’t going to school for the next week because they need more time to look for this guy without any distractions. As they’re walking someone from school they knew, his name was Travis shouts their names.
“Shawn, Aria, Where are you going, we have school,” shouted Travis.
They don’t respond and just keep walking. Travis starts to get suspicious so he follows them and keeps distance so they don’t see him. When they pull up to Ivan’s house, he hides so no one sees him. Travis walks over to one of the windows to hear what they’re talking about.
“Where are we going today?” asked Aria.
Shawn says, “We’re going to check out the hotel again and then go from there to the next place.”
Ivan declared, “Ok it’s settled, we’ll go there and find what this murderer is up to!”
Travis scooted backwards off the window, but scooted too much that he fell over some trash cans. Them three bolted out the door to see what the ruckus was about. He was knocked out and they brought him into the house let him rest and wait for him to wake up. A couple hours go by and he finally wakes up.
“What happened?” asked Travis.
“You fell over some trash cans and hit your head pretty hard,” replied Aria.
“All I remember is that you guys were looking for the murderer that has been killing people around town,” said Travis.
Shawn responded, “Oh no, he knows too much we can’t let him go, he’s going to tell everyone!”
“The only thing we can do is add him to our investigation team so he doesn’t tell anyone and we can keep an eye on him,” explained Ivan.
“Ok, that’s fine,” said Shawn.
They take Travis with them and he has no problem going with them.
“I’ve been at school for too long, its time to take a break,” said Travis.
“School is important, we’re not going because we’re trying to help find who killed Shawn’s parents and all those other people,” remarked Aria.
Anyway, they keep walking till they find the next warehouse or hotel motel whatever you want to call it. They walk up to this Warehouse that used to sell boats, skis, etc, back in the day when people would actually go skiing or buy a boat to go fishing. Now a days people have electronics like TV’s stuff like that and no one has the time to actually go out on the water or snow when its winter. They go around back because of course the front is locked, as all four of them look around they don’t really find anything that could help them and then the new guy Travis finds something that might help.
“Guys over here, I think I might have found something that will help!” shouted Travis.
They run over to see what it is.
“What is it?” requested Shawn.
Travis responded, “It looks like a list of names or some sort.”
“Let me see that!” demanded Shawn.
It was a long list of the names of people in this town, everyone you name it adults and kids. They looked down the list to find a shocking surprise.
“Oh My Gosh!” commented Shawn.
Aria responded quickly, “What is it, what’s on it?”
“Its the killing list for this town and our names are on it, everyone in this town is on it,” said Shawn.
“What are we going to do about this Shawn, “ Ivan inquired.
Shawn replied, “We’re going to do what we do best, find this man as fast as possible and take a break for a couple of days so we can examine this list and see who's next so we can try to help them.”
They leave and decide to take a rest and look at the list and figure out where this guy’s hitting next so they can save this town.

The next day, Shawn sends everyone an email to come over for a meeting at Ivan’s house to discuss the list they had found in the warehouse.
    Everyone please come over to Ivan’s house for a mandatory meeting and Please HURRY!!
    -Shawn
    They rush as quick as possible to see what the problem was. To find out something shocking.
“What’s wrong Shawn?” requested Ivan.
Shawn replies, “I think I might have discovered something that will explain all of this.”
“What is it?” asked Aria.
“Well I was going through the list and its not everyone in town just the ones from the past 5-10 years living here…”
Travis interrupted, “He must have lived here along time ago and must have had something terrible happen to him.”
Shawn starts to talk again, “Like I was saying, I uncovered some things and I found that a man named Kevin Hobos had a terrible accident that many kids and Adults were lost in, I’m going to get into details.”
Aria asked, “I’m guessing people blamed him for everything and they must have threatened him so he left town and he probably wanted to get revenge on all those people because of what they did to him.”
“Yeah, so he’s going around killing those people that threatened him and asked him to get out of town,” said Shawn
“We got to look for the old records of  who lived in this town around 5-10 years ago and find out where he used to live anything that can help us because this might be our guy,” Ivan commented.
“Alright let’s start looking, we have to go to the records department when its closed so no one will know that there was someone there,” demanded Shawn.
About Five hours later its time to go to the records department. Its after hours and everyone is ready to go in and just do some search and whatever they find will be useful for this case and for it to be possibly be cracked open.
“Everyone ready?” whispered Shawn.
“Yeah,” everyone replied.
They walk in with flashlights, They start looking through files of everyone and they don’t find anything of this guy.
“I couldn’t find anything, how about you guys?” asked Ivan.
“Nothing,” everyone answered.
Shawn starts to talk, “There must be a place where they keep stuff they don’t want people to see, they have to have a basement.”
“I found it,” said Travis.
They walk down to the basement and its filled with things they don’t want people to see. There’s years and years of records that happened in this town and a lots happened in the past 200 years.They start looking for the newer but old looking kind of box and the most recent years on them.
“You guys find anything yet?” requested Aria.
Shawn and Ivan respond, “No, not yet still looking.”
“How about you Travis?” asked Aria.
Travis responded, “No I don’t think, wait hold on I think I found something his name was Kevin hobos right.”
“Yeah, what is it?” they asked.
“Everything about him is in this book, where he lived, his age, and etc,” said Travis.
Shawn responded, “Good work, you really did come in handy when we needed more help.”
Travis commented, “Thanks, glad to help some old friends.
“Alright we need to take this evidence with us, I don’t think they will be missing it much its like one book and I bet they don’t come down here at all,” said Shawn.
Ivan picks up the book and they make sure before they leave that nothing is out of place and that it looks nice. They head for Ivan’s house and just before they get to his house a cop car starts driving around so they try to run behind a bush so he doesn’t see them. They wait till he leaves and they come out and start walking again.
“We’ll talk about this more tomorrow when we have time you guys go home and get some sleep for tomorrow and we’ll go through the box together,” said Shawn.
“Alright, bye,” said Aria.
“Bye,” said Travis.
“Bye, bye, “ said Ivan.

The next afternoon, they all got together and started to discuss the term of events that has been happening to them so far. They meet up at Ivan's house as soon as possible. They get a call from Travis and he's home sick with the flue.
"We'll just have to do it without him and fill him in later," said Shawn.
"Let's go through this box and see what we're up against," exclaimed Ivan.
They proceed to clear the box to discover police reports and the rest of his records. There's a few things not plenty, but then they discover the utmost eccentric thing possible. He had appeared back once after the accident to attempt to see if he could make things right, but they turned him down and they tried to slaughter him. He was shot in the shoulder and almost bled to death, that day he made a promise to himself that he would get revenge.
"That's so sad and evil!" commented Aria.
"The people in this town have problems!" said Ivan.
Aria comments, "What are we going to do about him?"
"First, we'll search his old house, maybe we'll find some clues and we need to catch this guy quick," said Shawn.
They go up to the old house to see if they can find anything that could help them catch this guy and use it against him. They wish they could show him that he doesn't have to be this way and show the townspeople that it wasn't his fault for killing those children, but he did kill people and it would probably make it worse so they decided that they wouldn't do that.
"Have you guys found anything?" asked Aria.
"No," replied Travis and Ivan.
"Shawn how about you, you find anything in this old place?" Said Aria.
“Maybe, I don’t think this guys is kidding,”said Shawn.
Shawn opens and shows Ivan and Aria what he had found in this guys closet in the living room. It’s filled with all these guns and knives and C4.
“This guy is crazy, he probably has a diseases or something, no one has this many weapons in their house,” said Ivan.
Aria interrupts, “I’ve only seen this in movie, what the hell is wrong with this guy is he on drugs or something!”
“I don’t know, but we need to find him fast and I mean fast!” said Shawn.
Shawn says, “Anyone find anything else?”
“No, nothing how about you Aria,” commented Ivan.
Aria response quick, “No now can we get out of this crazy hell hold, it makes me really uncomfortable.”
“Alright let’s get out of here, let’s meet at Travis’ to see how he’s feeling and catch him up on what we found,” explained Shawn.
They leave running out of the old and scary looking house to check up on Travis and see how he’s doing because they need him he’s part of the team. Aria gets there first then the following Ivan and Shawn in that order. Ivan knocks on the door and say hello to Travis’ mom and then run up to him to discuss their discoveries.
“Hey Trav, how are you feeling today?” asked Aria.
“I’m feeling better and soon I’ll be up on my feet to help you guys out again,” Travis replied.
Shawn comments, “That’s good we all missed you and we really need your help.”
Ivan butts in, “We have some things to tell you about what we found at Kevin Hobos place about an hour ago.”
“What is it?” asked Travis.
Shawn response, “This guy is freaking crazy man, he basically bought out all the weapon stores.”
“He had all these weapons, guns, knives, and explosives like C4 and others,” Aria added.
“That means he’s planning something big, he’s going to wipe out the whole town,” said Travis.
“How do you know this Travis?” asked Shawn.
He responds, “Why else would someone want with so many weapons unless there is an zombie invasion waiting to happen in the next couple years.”
“First what we need to do is find where this guy is living so we can follow him everywhere he goes watching his every move to make sure that when it comes time his plan to kill all these people doesn’t happen,” said Shawn.
“Alright let’s do it,” said Travis.
“I’m ready,” commented Ivan.
“I’m in,” response Aria.
They all go home so they can get some rest for their big day tomorrow.

Shawn and the whole group meet up at random place, there's no name for it. They discuss what they’re about to do for the next few hours around town without anyone seeing them, they’re going to look around every store and ask if a man wearing all black came in to buy multiple weapons a few of them said yes others said no so they had to get it out of them only one way tell them that the guy that came in is a murder and he’s come to town to kill all these innocent people with no questions asked. While they were there they had to get something t0 defend themselves so they all bought themselves a gun or knife because its the only way to go without being killed. Shawn and Travis take all the weapons with them and hide them in Ivan’s house were his parents wouldn’t find them, in the basement. Shawn calls Aria and Ivan up to let them know where him and Travis hide the weapons.
“We put all the weapons in Ivan’s basement, where they would not be found by anyone,” said Travis.
Shawn asks, “Did you guys find anything?”
“Yes, he’s hiding up town in an old motel still in business and I got us a room right next door so we could watch what he does,” replied Aria.
“That’s great, thanks Aria you're the best!” said Shawn.
“Come on back and we’ll move in later,” demanded Shawn.
Ivan and Aria come back to grab a couple things to take them with them. Shawn and Ivan grab all the weapons from the stores and run as fast as they can so no one sees them with the weapons and they hide them in the motel room and they just wait for the man to come back and they take turns keeping watch. Aria brings a camera so whenever the guy is doing something she takes a picture. All of them take break from school because they don’t have time to just sit around when there is a murder on the loose trying to kill everyone in town with no proof of them trying to hurt him from something that happened long ago.
“Hey, Aria has he come back yet?” asked Ivan.
“Nothing yet, wait here he comes!” she response.
Shawn gets up to look through a hole that he had put in the wall so that way they could look and watch the guy on what he does with all his little toys.
“Move over, you can take a break Aria, you did great now its my turn,” said Shawn.
As Shawn is watching Kevin Hobos he sees some helpful information so when he leaves they’ll go into his room to grab what they need and get out. Anyway as he’s on watch Ivan, Aria, and Travis start to have a conversation on what they think will happen when this is all done if they will stay the best of friends and if they should do this whenever there is a problem in the town or the city which ever one’s better to go on a stakeout. Aria freaks out and starts to talk about why they would do this ever again. she stopped listening, and left the room at a run, out the front door and down the street. She starts to think if what the news says is true that these people in town might be killed she slows down, no longer running but not walking slow. If that killer is still around their town, then she want to get off the street as fast as possible. As she rounded the corn she saw kids playing with each other and she realized that its up to them to help the people. She runs back to the room to start making plans no matter how crazy they are.
“I know what we’re going to do and from now on I’m leading because I some ideas and I want you guys to listen,” she said.
Shawn response, “What happened to you, what made you want to be the leader?”
“I realized when walking down the street that these people need our help because this town needs to stay alive there’s so much life here and its my home, we’re doing this mine and you're way Shawn, I want to help,” commented Aria.
Shawn and Aria start to make plans no matter how stupid. Travis takes pictures of kevin hobos no matter what he’s doing he needs to take pictures. Ivan is taking evidence from the guy no matter what it is finger prints, spit, hair, etc, anything that relates to this guy Kevin Hobos.
“We need to hurry with this, we’re running out of time this needs to be done quickly!” Shawn says in a worried voices.
“I’m trying my best, its hard when you need to think about it, it just doesn’t come to mind like that come on Shawn you of all people should know that, don’t worry we’ll finish in time, nothing bad will happen,” comments Aria.
“Your strong you can do this I believe in you so much, I love you, you can do this just don’t think about it,” she added.
Shawn responses, “You think so?”
She says, “Yes, I really think so.”
“Thanks, and you're right we’ll do this with no problem and I love you too for believing in me,” he says.
Ivan and Travis have been talking with each other about how they’re going to catch this guy. They have no idea if they should tell Aria and Shawn because they might say that they’re not ready to catch this guy just yet, but they believe that they have enough evidence to put this guy away with no questions asked.They have to all realize that Shawn had started this was because his parents were murder and he wanted to get justice for them and then the other killings happened and wanted justice for them too because no one deserves to die for no reason.

In the past week they've found out where this guy has been hiding out and they've been following him around take things of his so he can't use them against anyone. Shawn and Ivan have been following this guy, Aria and Travis have been going to school because their grades have been dropping and they need to keep them at least at a C+ average or they can't pass school. They need to think of something quick because they have him cornered basically, but he just doesn't know it yet. They have all the evidence to these crimes and it's time to put him away an for the town not to be scared anymore, to go on with their lives.
"What's our next move, are we going to catch this guy?" asked Travis.
Shawn responded, "No not yet, we're not ready yet."
Ivan comments, "I disagree, I think we are ready, we have all the evidence and we know where this guy lives he won't even know what it him."
"Does everyone feel this way?" said Shawn.
"Pretty much, don't you?" said Aria.
Shawn reacts quickly, "Yes, I didn't know you guys wanted to that's why I said what I said!"
"Alright let's do this, tomorrow 6 o'clock SHARP," said Shawn. They leave until tomorrow.
***
The next day, they start to set up their trap for this guy. They don't realize that they might need another plan because it doesn't always go right in the movies. A couple hours go by and it's 8 o'clock, he gets home and their waiting for him and he doesn't know it. He opens the door sees them and starts to run.
"Get him!" said Shawn.
Everyone runs after him and hoping that he is captured in the trap that they built. He runs in the direction of the trap but then he makes a right avoiding the trap and keeps running with everyone following behind.
"We were so close to our trap working, dang it!" said Ivan.
They run after him, but then they realize that he's not in front of them and that he's gone.
"He has to be here somewhere, he couldn't have gone far," commented Shawn.
"Let's split up everyone split in two's, look through all the stores," said Ivan.
Aria and Travis respond, "Alright we'll go this way you go that way."
    They all meet up the same place they started and asked each other questions.
    “Did you guys find anything?,” asked Aria.
    “Nothing, did you guys?” asked Ivan.
“No, but I think we didn’t look everywhere,” said Shawn.
“We need to make up a new plan we split up in two’s again if he comes out of a store or any old house or store, we’ll block him off at the entrance and back entrance,” said Shawn.
“We should probably get the police involved once we see him again, someone will call them to come help and bring back up and no matter what happens if one of us gets hurt we stick together no gives up,” demanded Aria.
“Right!” said Travis.
“Correct!” says Ivan.
“Let’s do this, everyone got their weapons,” says Shawn.
Everyone nods yes and they start to move in with no protection or anything. They stay low so the guy can’t shoot at them and no one gets hurt. they start in a hardware store, they walk around open all the doors inside making sure there’s no ne in them, they move on out to the next one. There’s about three more places to be looked through for this guy that means he could be in anyone of these places. They go on to the new one its a house and its floors creek so much it would be impossible to hide in a place like that but it doesn’t hurt to look. Shawn and Travis walk up the stairs to check the second floor to make sure no ones up there and Aria and Ivan stay on the first floor, they look through everything in the house all the rooms. The kitchen, the living room, the hallways and the hallway closet, the bathrooms, and the bedrooms and they find nothing so they move on out to the next place and the last place is a furniture store, that’s weird but anything is possible so they go on in anyway. They walk into the furniture store and it's basically filled with couches, beds, lamps and other thing people use and they're all brand new. They think to themselves why is everything so clean if it's been closed for at least the past three years.
"This has to be the place this is the only one left we haven't checked because we checked everywhere else," said Travis.
"Shhh, I think I hear something coming from that direction, wait here,” said Shawn.
Shawn gets in closer to one of the beds that are really close to the couches, but he finds a whole in between them both so no one would be able to find them. He moves in closer towards it and just when he’s thinks he’s on top of the guy a cat jumps out giving a perfect distraction for the man to get away.
“There he is, Ivan you're the fast one out of all of us, follow him and you stop him!” yelled Shawn.
The guy starts running down the street and Ivan follows, he manages to catch up but it’s still not enough for Ivan to catch up and catch the guy. Ivan’s running and running but without looking he doesn’t realize that he not watching where he’s going, he trips on a rock and he falls so hard he hits his knee on the concrete. The guy gets away again, but lucky for Ivan he was paying attention to which direction the guy was going and to which store he went into. Shawn and the others arrive and ask Ivan if he knew where the guy went and what had happened.
“Ivan, are you alright?” asked Aria.
He answered, “Yeah I’m fine, ny knee just hurts because I tripped over a rock and hit it pretty hard on the concrete, other than that I’m fine.”
Shawn butts in, “Do you know which way he went before you had fallen over the rock?”
He responses, “Yeah, he turned left and ran into that store with all the weapons and basically anything else he could use on all of us.”
“Ivan, I’m going to have you call the police because we know where this guy is and we can’t let him get away, he must be stopped at no matter what cost, when they get here have them surround the whole building and at whatever costs for them not to let him out,” demanded Shawn.
“Alright I understand, I’ll let them know once they get here and Shawn I’m sorry,” said Ivan.
Shawn, Travis, and Aria move into surround this horrible man for what he has done to this town. The cops finally show up to the location they’re needed at after twenty minutes and they start to surround the whole building like how Ivan demanded, they even bring the SWAT team because of the explosives and they’re highly trained professionals. They start to move in toward the building without going inside because it would be everything putting it at risk. Shawn, Travis, Aria all look around to find the guy and he just jumps out of no where holding a gun ready to shoot.
“Go away, what do you want from me,” the man asked.
“We just want to know why you're killing all these innocent people,” said Shawn.
“Put down your weapons and let me see your hands,” said the man.
“Look we just want to talk and help, nothing bad will happen if you let us talk to you,” said Shawn.
Everyone puts their guns down. Shawn, Travis, Aria, and the man all put their guns, knives, and whatever else so they can talk. As their talking the police start to move on in closer toward the building and make sure no one inside will see them, some men go around back so the guy won’t get angry if someone stars coming in without notice and make the man shoot anyone who gets in his way. The police come towards the back and grab the man and arrest him and take him in for the justice of the people.

The next day everyone in town is to be at court at 2 o’clock for the hearing of the man named Kevin Hobos who had made destruction to this town that we call home.
“Everyone please stand, we are here today to bring in the crimes that have been happening in town these last couple months,” said the judg.
“This man right here has been the reason why all these killings have been happening and how some of your family members have been lost because of it, you can live in peace knowing that this man is going to be put away in prison for the rest of his life,” said the judge.
The people start cheering and celebrating because this man has been this towns problem for the past few months. Everyone is so happy that they don’t have to deal and worry about the pain and anything for a little while because we all know that the economy is terrible who knows what will happen next in town and to these wonderful people.
“Could you briefly describe what this man has done,” asked the judge.
“This man has done nothing but hurt the people in this town and its time we hurt him, we all think that he should not live because what he has done to these people in this town, we must kill him for these things without sympathy because what he did was wrong and he must know it but not enough to know that its the most terrible thing anyone could think of doing,” said the jury.     
“The final ruling is to be taken to death no matter the costs,” demanded the judge.
“Case closed and goodbye,” said the judge.
“What do you think will happen next Shawn?” asked Aria.
“I don’t know,  but I’m glad its all over now I can live in peace knowing who killed my parents and all those other people,”said Shawn.
“What do you want to do I mean it is almost break, where would you like to go?” asked Shawn.
“I don’t know, I think we should go to europe or china, ohh maybe Africa I love animals and that’s where all the animals are at!” said Aria.
Shawn comments, “Alright, Africa it is.”
“I love you,” said Aria.
“I love you,” said Shawn.
***
The next day, Shawn, Aria, and Travis all go to the hospital to visit Ivan because they found out that when Ivan hit the floor his knee shattered so he had to get surgery to fix his knee.
“Hey buddy, how are you?” asked Shawn.
He replies, “I’m doing just fine, I like it here they give me food, I don’t have to get up to do anything, and I can watch tv all day if I want to.”
“How you guys been?” asked Ivan.
Aria answers, “We’re doing just fine, we are going to Africa in the spring time when we’re off from school so we can run with the animals and learn so much about them and what they’re like.”
“That’s nice, hope you guys have fun,” said Ivan.
“Thanks,” said Shawn.
Aria and Shawn leave the hospital to go home and start packing for their trip because it’s going to be a long trip they leave in about a week.
The next morning they get a call from Ivan’s mother and its an emergency and that they need to come down to the hospital and fast same for Travis too.
“We came as soon as possible, what’s wrong?” asked Shawn.
“It’s Ivan, he umm as a disease in his knee I don’t know how to say it but they umm they have to remove his leg from his body or else it will spread to his body and he could die,” said Ivan’s mother.
“Oh my gosh, can we see him?” said Aria.
“Yes, go go on,” said his mother.
They walk into Ivan room to find him sick and in bed. Aria starts to tear up and hugs Shawn with so much strength she can’t hold it anymore and starts to cry.
“Hi guys,” said Ivan.
Aria doesn’t say anything she just walks over to Ivan in his bed and gives him the biggest hug in the world.
“You're going to be alright,” said Shawn with a sad look on his face.
“I’ll be fine, I just won’t be able to walk with you guys,” he said.
Travis walks in with tears on his face because he’s more of a soft kind of guy. He just walks up to him and gives him a hug and just starts crying so hard its hard for him to stop
Do you need anything, anything at all?” asked Shawn.
“No I’m fine but thanks for asking,” he replied.
“Do you want us to stay for a little before you have to go and get you're you know?” asked Shawn.
“Yes, I would love that, you guys are the most wonderful people and them best friends anyone can ask for in this entire world,” he answered.
For the next few hours, Shawn, Aria, and Travis all of them hang out with Ivan before he has to go and get his leg removed from the disease he has on his leg. The doctors come in telling us we have to leave the room to wait in the waiting room so they can take Ivan to get his leg removed. Aria and Travis start tearing up and crying and Shawn just tries to hold it together and while they’re waiting he starts to pray for Ivan and that everything is going to be alright.
“Dear god, I don’t know how I’m suppose to do this but I think I’ll start by saying what I said, anyway I would just like to pray over my buddy Ivan because because I could tell he was in a lot of pain so I would just like to ask you if you could get rid of his pain so he can come into our lives fresh and a new person, please help us bring Ivan out safely we would all like that thank you, Amen.
A couple hours the doctors came out and said that it went perfectly and that he is going to be just fine and that if they want they can come in and see him for a little bit. She also told them that he was on drugs so he won't make any sense really but at least we don't have to worry about anything and now we can just laugh about this and go on with our lives.
As the hours go by it's time to head home and get some rest so that they can all see each other again and spend time with each other as much as possible before they get older and leave to go to different places and get jobs real lives. Everyone thinks that they can't  fit into a good friendship, but it's possible and when you think it's the right one then you know it's the right people that care about and support you know matter what happens.
"Hey Shawn," said Ivan
"Yes, Ivan what's up, what do you need?" asked Shawn.
"Can you get me some water the nurse hasn't brought me water for the past few hours because starting to feel sick because I don't have enough fluids in my system," said Ivan.
He responded, "No problem I'll have it ready."
Shawn leaves to ask the cafeteria for water because his friend isn't feeling well he needs some water to help him feel better because he's sick and he wants it to go away. While he’s walking down the hallway thinking what would it be like with if Ivan didn’t survive and if he would blame himself because of these crimes they were trying to solve. Shawn walks back in the gives Ivan the water and apologizes for his mistakes and why he did.
“I’m sorry its all my fault you're in here Ivan,” said Shawn.
Ivan replies, “It’s not you're fault Shawn you can’t blame yourself for what happened to me, I’m my own person and I make my own mistakes.!”
“No if I didn’t ask you to help us out you wouldn’t be in here and I’m the one who said you should run after the guy,” said Shawn.
He responds back, "Yes, but if I had watched where I was going I could have avoided all of this instead I fell and paid the price but you have no reason to for sorry for what I did."
"Are you sure?" asked Shawn.
He commented, "Yes, and it doesn't matter what happened and that what does matter is we have each other and that's enough for me to take."
"Thanks Ivan," said Aria.
Travis says, "You're my best friend and I can't think of anyone to hang out with but you and I would want you to change.
Ivan starts to cry and says, “That’s the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me, thank you and we couldn’t have done it without you either, you were a big help to us toward the end.”
“You really think so?” said Travis.
Ivan replies, “I know so.”
What Ivan said and what Travis said it brought joy and tears to their faces because that’s what friends do. They comfort friends as much as they can because before they or anyone else knows it they could be gone in a flash. They learned that friendship is the most important thing anyone could ask for because they’ll be there when you fall or when you need help with anything.
“Alright guys that’s enough, know I have something to say and its important,” said Shawn.
“Ooooo, what is it?” asked Travis acting like a little kid as always.
He responds, “Let’s take a group photo together, we don’t have that many and I want to remember this moment right now and forever.”
“Sounds great,” said Ivan and Aria.
They all gather together to take a photo, Travis on one side and Shawn and Aria on the other and Ivan’s mom takes the picture four times so that when they print they’ll all have one to remember this moment by. They were all so happy filled with joy and such they never wanted to leave they want to all stick together no matter what happened and be the four best friends that they are.
This is my summary and I hope all of you would read it because I feel that this is the most important part of the book. I wrote this story as a murder mystery but I also wrote it to show people that in real life the only friends that are going to help you with anything are the ones who care and would do anything for you or anyone else those are true friends that people need to see in other people. I love murder mysteries but sometimes its good to read about how friends are to each other and what they do for eachother no matter what type of situation you're in. This is important to everyone who has friends if you know that one of your friends are trying to help you with any sort of problem, walk up to the the next time you see them and say thank you and if they ask why just say just because I don’t want to lose you as a friend. I hope that when reading this that you feel the same way on how friends should be friends and be nice the next time you see a new face say hi it might be a start to a new friendship.