The Peanut Butter Mystery | Teen Ink

The Peanut Butter Mystery

November 7, 2014
By CreativePrincess SILVER, Cleveland, Ohio
More by this author
CreativePrincess SILVER, Cleveland, Ohio
5 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave the world wondering how you did it.


Author's note:

 
Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
 
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
 
Return
 
 
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
 
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift
 
 
English
 
 
alt
alt
 
 
Preferences

Cassie, a seven year old little girl woke up on the couch where her and her mother, Denisia was laying. Cassie was alone, she searched the house for her mother. “Mom” Cassie called as she walked all around the house. When Cassie found out she was alone she just thought her mother went to the corner store. Cassie was upset because she was hungry and her mom didn't make her nothing to eat before she left.
“Mom always leave me alone when she goes to the store you'd think she'd make me something to eat in case I woke up.” Cassie sighed and said “I guess I'll just eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich till mother returns.” Cassie got a plate, two slices of bread, the jelly, and the peanut butter. Cassie put the bread on the plate and started singing a song while she made her sandwich. “you got to get a plate, boom boom, you got to get some bread but don't put it on your head, boom boom, then you get some jelly and smoosh it on the bread, boom boom.”
Cassie didn't finish her song because, when she opened the peanut butter she found a note. The note said “I bet you're wondering where Denisia is, just give me two-thousand dollars and you can have her back, if you find her in time.” Cassie started to cry, then she ran outside screaming “HELP THEY TOOK MY MOM HELP HELP THEY LEFT IT IN THE PEANUT BUTTER!” Sarah, Cassie fifteen year old neighbor ran outside to see why Cassie was yelling. When Sarah heard what Cassie was saying she was confused. She ran over to Cassie and said “Cassie calm down, who took your mother and what did they leave in the peanut butter?”
Cassie replied “I don't know who took mommy but they left this note in the peanut butter” After Sarah read the note she said “Let’s take this down to my dad, he's a police man and I'm sure he'll figure out what is going on here.”

Sarah and Cassie walked down the street to the police station, but no one could tell Cassie where her mother was. Sarah carried Cassie around the corner to Cassie grandmother house. Cassie cried all the way from the Police Station to her grandmother house and she wouldn't stop.

Sarah told Cassie grandmother why Cassie was crying and showed her grandmother the note. Cassie grandmother, Magnise did all she could think of to make Cassie happy. She turned on Cassie favorite show, SpongeBob SquarePants but Cassie still cried. Magnise baked Cassie favorite cookies, Chocolate chip but Cassie still cried. Magnise asked Sarah “Why would you come here instead of going to the police station if Denisia is really missing?”

Sarah replied “Grandma Maggy we did go to the police station they said they would try to find Denisia and who wrote the note, but until they know who wrote the note there is not much they can do.” Magnise asked "Well did you call her baby?” “No I didn't think to call her after I saw the note" Sarah replied. Magnise said “that note does not mean anything Cassie dad, Simon is always leaving notes like that for Cassie.” “Why?" Sarah asked in a confused tone.

“Because Simon knows Cassie likes to solve mystery’s he might have just took it to far” Magnise replied. “Now hand me that phone Sarah.” Sarah handed Magnise the house phone and stood there while Magnise called Denisia. Sarah got worried when she saw the look on Magnise face. “No answer, but she might just be busy” Said Magnise while she carried sleeping Cassie to her room.

When Cassie woke up Sarah walked her home. Simon was standing there calling people trying to find Cassie and Denisia. Cassie saw Simon and ran to him screaming “DADDY!” Simon hugged Cassie, picked her up and asked her “where's mommy honey?” Cassie got ready to tell Simon what happened but then Sarah told Cassie “go play in the backyard while I talk to daddy” Cassie said “ok” and ran in the backyard. Sarah was explaining what happened to Simon when Cassie screamed.

“DADDY I FOUND FOOT PRINTS” Sarah and Simon ran outside as fast as they could. “What baby?” Simon asked. Cassie replied “Foot prints daddy, I found foot prints and they lead to the fence.” Sarah replied “Those foot prints could have been left be anyone Cassie.” “No Sarah I remember hearing a lady scream from over that fence, that's what woke me up.”

“Cassie what are you getting at?” Simon said in a confused tone. Cassie replied “I heard a lady scream from over the fence, the mommy-napper must have took mommy over the fence and then she screamed.” Simon actually believed Cassie for a minute but then he replied “Cas there are many women on this street how can you be sure that was mommy.” “Cause daddy I know mommy voice that's why I woke up and looked for her hoping it wasn't her, I just told myself she went to the store so I wouldn't worry or worry you when you got home.” “ Cas you should never worry about worrying me, if something is bothering you tell me, now go wash up and get ready for bed don't worry I'll find mommy tonight.”

Cassie jumped up and down screaming “YAY YOU'LL FIND MOMMY TONIGHT!” Simon laughed and said “Yes I will now go wash up” Cassie hugged Simon and ran inside. Simon called the police to look at the foot prints. The police was able to follow the foot prints around the corner to the dump yard, but then they stopped. They searched the dump yard all night looking for Denisia body, but they didn't find it.

All they found was a pair of steel tone boots. The next day Simon called the police station and asked “did you find her, was she alive, who took her?” The police told Simon “Sir the foot prints goes to the dump-yard but then they stop, all we found was boots, we are going see if we can get DNA from them.” Simon paused for a minute he was confused, then he replied “He just took the boots off?” “Yes sir.”

“So the only way we could find my wife just got thrown in the dump yard!” Simon replied in an angry tone. “Sir calm down we're doing all we can” said the operator. “Well obviously it is not enough!” Simon said before he hung up the phone. Cassie ran down stairs screaming “DADDY ARE YOU OK WHY WAS YOU SCREAMING DID THE MOMMY-NAPPER COME BACK FOR YOU TOO!” Simon told her “Cas everything is ok daddy is just upset, let’s go tuck you back in bed.”

Simon picked up Cassie and carried her upstairs to her room while singing her the lullaby Denisia would sing to her when she was a baby. “A B C I see Cassie and she's not sleep, she's right here next to me but she's not making a peep, something tells me she's sleepy.” Simon put Cassie in the bed in tucked her in kissed her on the forehead and told her he loved her. Right before he turned out the light and left she asked him “Daddy I thought you said you'd find mommy and mommy-napper last night.” Simon replied “Mommy is just staying at Grandma Joy house sweetie, she'll be home soon.”

Cassie started to cry “But Grandma Joy stays in Florida, why'd mommy go there without us daddy?” Simon paused for a minute then replied “Grandma Joy is sick and mommy went to take care of her.” “But why didn't she take us with her daddy?” “I could have took good care of Grandma Joy.” “Cas grandma Joy is very sick and she didn't want to get you sick with your first day of first day of 2cnd grade next week.”

“Ok fine I understand, but mommy will be back before my first day won't she?” “I'm not sure baby it all depends on how Grandma Joy feels, now go to sleep.” Simon said as he turned out the light and left. Simon felt bad for lying to Cassie but he couldn't tell a seven year old that her mother might be buried in the dump yard. The next day Simon called the police station to see if they found DNA match from the boot.

“Sir the DNA from the boot matches a guy named Frankie Wilcox.” said the operator. Simon looked shocked, he paused and then replied “Frankie is one of my best friends he wouldn't have killed my wife.”

The operator replied “Sir you don't know if she's dead, you got to think the best instead of the worst and I'm sorry but Frankie Wilcox is who the DNA belongs to, if you want to bring him up here and have him take a DNA test to conform you can.” “Yes please cause I don't believe Frankie would kill Denisia, so what time you want us up there?” The Operator replied “Sir you don't know if she's dead please stop saying it, what if your daughter heard you say her mother was dead, now you can come tomorrow at noon.” Simon hung up the phone, took Cassie to Sarah house and went to Frankie house. First Simon asked Frankie “did you see Denisia at all before she went missing?”

Frankie replied “No I didn't even know she was missing but I'm so sorry this must be hard for you and Cassie.” Simon got really mad and started to holler “WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DIDN'T KNOW?” “I didn't know now Simon calm down my daughter is sleep upstairs.” “MY DAUGHTER CAN'T EVEN SLEEP BECAUSE OF YOU FRANK!” “Simon are you trying to say I took Denisia?”

“THAT'S WHAT IT LOOK LIKE FRANK!” “Simon I told you I didn't even know Denisia was missing and I have not seen her since last week.” “FRANK I KNOW YOU'RE LYING!” “No Simon I'm not.” “THEN FRANK WHY?”

“SIMON I TOLD YOU I DON'T KNOW WHERE DENISIA IS AND I HAVE NOT SEEN HER.” “NOW PLEASE STOP YELLING MARISSA IS UPSTAIRS SLEEP!” “Fine Frank but why did your foot prints lead from my backyard to the dump yard?” “Simon I carried Cassie old bed to the dump yard last week, remember I told you I had a short cut and I hopped the fence?” “Yea I remember but Cassie was outside last week and she didn't see the foot prints until after Denisia went missing.”

Frank laughed and replied “She's seven Simon she see probably seen them before but didn't really pay them any intention until after Denisia went missing.” “FRANK THIS IS NOT FUNNY!” “MY WIFE IS MISSING BECAUSE OF YOU!” “WHEN GEORGINA WENT MISSING YOU WAS KNOCKING DOWN EVERYONES DOOR.” “HOW DARE YOU BRING GEORGINA INTO THIS SIMON!”

Marissa ran down stairs screaming “DAD WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING I GOT A TEST TOMMOROW AND I NEED MY SLEEP!” “Sorry honey I'm just talking to Mr. Smith, I'll keep it down.” Marissa replied “That's all I'm asking.” Then she said hey to Simon and ran upstairs. “Simon don't you dare bring Georgina into this she left because she wanted to maybe Denisia just wanted to go. “Frank the police followed the foot prints and they lead to the dump yard.”

“Simon we already been over this I carried Cassie bed there.” “Frank the police didn't find Denisia body but they found your boots where the foot prints stop and they have your DNA in them.” “Simon because your wife went missing I can't throw away boots?” “Frank that's not what I'm saying.” “Then what are you saying Simon?”

“Frank these was your favorite boots I know because Georgina gave them to you before she left, why would you throw them away?” “Cause they bought back to many memories of Georgina Simon that's why.” “Look the day my wife went missing Cassie found the foot prints and they lead to the dump yard.” “Simon I know all of this.” “Frank it's winter so if you did throw them boots away they would have been in your hands and not on your feet.”

“Frank how much do the mortgage on your house cost?” “Two-thousand dollars why?” “Because on the note that was left the person asked for two-thousand dollars.” “Look Simon this conversation is pointless I already told you I don't know where Denisia is so please just leave.” “Fine Frank I'll leave but if you're so innocent do me a favor.”

“What might that be Simon?” “I called the police station and they said we can come tomorrow so we can take a lie detector test and you can take a DNA test at noon, and if you don't come I'll know that you did it but if you come and take the tests like a man I'll let it go.” “Alright fine I'll meet you there at noon.” “If you are telling the truth I'm sorry I'm just trying to find my wife.” “It's cool Simon I understand now please leave”

The next day Simon got down to the Police Station at 11:45. When 12:05 came Simon was sure Frankie was not coming. Simon was wrong, Frankie got there at 12:15. Simon and Frankie took a lie detector test and Frankie took a DNA test. Simon and Frankie was asked the same nine questions.

Frankie test.
1. Did you see Denisia the day she went missing?





No.
2. Where were you the day Denisia went missing?





At my daughter school.
3. Who told you Denisia was missing?








Simon.
4. Who is Denisia to the person who told you?






His wife.
5. How did that person find out?










His neighbor told him.
6. Do you have an alibi for where you was?






My daughter and her teachers.
7. Who is Denisia to you?












My neighbor.
8. Did you hear Denisia auguring or fighting
The day she went missing?












No.









9. Do you know where Denisia is or might be?





No.

















































Simon test.
1. Did you see Denisia the day she went missing?




No.
2. Where were you the day Denisia went missing?




At work.
3. Who told you Denisia was missing?








My neighbor.
4. Who is Denisia to the person who told you?





Neighbor.
5. How did that person find out?










My daughter told her.
6. Do you have an alibi for where you was?






My daughter, my boss, and neighbor.
7. Who is Denisia to you?












My wife.
8. Did you hear Denisia auguring or fighting
The day she went missing?











No.
9. Do you know where Denisia is or might be?





No.


Simon got answered correctly for all his question but Frankie did not. Frankie got questions 1, 3, 8, and 9 wrong. Frankie took the test again and he got the same questions wrong. Frankie kept telling Simon “Simon that test don't know anything let’s just forget it and go look for Denisia.” “WHY WOULD I LOOK FOR MY WIFE WITH YOU?”

“SO YOU CAN JUST KILL ME TOO NO THANKS I'LL FIND HER MYSELF!” The next day while Frankie was at work Simon broke in his house looking for Denisia. He checked his basement and any rooms where Frankie could have hid her. Simon thought he checked all the rooms so he got ready to leave. As he was walking out the door he looked up and saw a secret door on the ceiling

Simon pulled the string hanging out the door and went up the stairs to the attic. The door closed behind him. It was really dark and cold up there. Simon was handed a blanket and a lamp “Thank you.” he said. He turned on the lamp and turned around to see who gave him the stuff.

Simon turned around and saw George, a co-worker that he fired years ago. George hit Simon in the head with a shovel and stuck him in the corner with Denisia and Frankie. When Simon came to, he had duct tape over his mouth and his hands was tied behind his back with a rope. He got his hands untied. Then he took the duct tape off of Denisia mouth and started to hug and kiss Denisia. “Simon I missed you too but where is Cassie.”

“She's with Sarah.” Simon replied as he took the duct tape off of Frankie. “Why did you leave her there have you lost your mind!” Denisia said angrily. “Because my mother had an appointment and since when don't you like Sarah?” “Baby it's not Sarah I don't like.”

“Then what's wrong Denisia?” “Simon George is Sarah uncle.” Simon untied and Frankie and Denisia as they tried to figure a way out the attic without George seeing them. When Simon got them untied he tied all the ropes together and looked for a window. Frankie leaned on a TV and pushed it.

Behind the TV was a two windows. One was completely painted shut and the other one was halfway painted shut. “Babe what are we going to now?” “I don't know Denisia but calm down.” “SIMON DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME TO CALM DOWN WHILE SOME MAN MIGHT BE HURTING MY BABY RIGHT NOW!”

“Denisia stop yelling we don't know if he left and if you want to live to save Cassie shush it.” Simon took the knife out of his back pocket and started picking with the paint on the windows. “Simon why did you have a knife in your back pocket?” Frankie asked in a confused tone. “Well Frankie I thought you killed Denisia so I came to kill you.” “Wait what?”

When Simon got all the paint off the window he tied one end of the rope to the TV stand and threw the other end out the window. While Simon and Frankie argued about who would go down first Denisia slid down and hid in the bushes waiting on Simon and Frankie. “If my wife can do it then I can too.” Simon said before he slid down the rope and went in the bushes with Denisia. Frankie untied the rope from the TV stand and tied it to the outside of the window.

After he tied it he slid down the rope. When Frankie reached the bottom he pulled the rope to close the window and take the rope off so George wouldn't know they left. Simon went to Sarah house while Frankie and Denisia went to the police station. Simon went to the back of the house and looked in window. He saw Cassie crying and George holding her.

He broke in the door yelling “DON'T HURT HER!” “Why would I hurt her it's not her I hate it's you!” “DADDY I MISSED YOU!” “DID MOMMY COME FROM GRANDMA JOY HOUSE YET?” Cassie screamed as she whipped the tears her face.

“Cassie mommy was never at grandma Joy house.” “Where was she daddy?” “She was with George.” “Why daddy?” “George is the mommy-napper.”

Cassie screamed and poked George in the eye and ran to Simon. Simon pushed Cassie behind him and told her not to move. “George why did you do this to me?” Simon asked. “Simon do you remember what you said to me when you fired me?” “Yes, you’re fired.”
“Yes but what else did you say?” “George that's all.” “No it's not Simon.” “Fine George what all did I say.” “I'd will never have what you have, so in other words I'm fired.” “That's what you told me Simon.”

“George I never said that and even if I did what does have to do with you taking my wife?” “Simon you told me I'd never have what you have but I had your wife and daughter.” “George do you know what you've put me through?”

“The same thing I went through when you fired me.” “No George worse.” “That's good Simon now I can go to jail happy.” “Who said you was going to jail?” Simon pulled out his knife and put it up to George neck. “DADDY NO!” Cassie screamed “IF YOU KILL HIM WE'LL NEVER FIND MOMMY!”

“Baby calm down I know where mommy is.” “Really where?” “I can't say right now just stay behind me Cassie.” “MOMMY!” Cassie screamed as she ran outside to Denisia. “Sir back up before you go to jail too.” Said Officer Jeremy while Officer Daniel cuffed George.

The officers took George to Jail and Denisia, Cassie, and Simon went home. No one knows what happened to Frankie. Simon asked what happened to Frankie. Denisia told him “He walked there with me and when we got there he said he was going to look for some officers and he never came back.”
“Who found officers Jeremy and Daniel then?” “Nobody they found me while I was looking for Frank.” “Well did you ask anyone if they seen Frank?” “Yes I did but everyone said no.”



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 3 comments.


on Nov. 18 2014 at 8:32 pm
CreativePrincess SILVER, Cleveland, Ohio
5 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave the world wondering how you did it.

Thanks! Sure I'll go check them out.

Rae_Cobra GOLD said...
on Nov. 18 2014 at 8:22 pm
Rae_Cobra GOLD, Altamonte Springs, Florida
10 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We are destroying the world. We should fix it. We are killing our planet. We should revive it. We are not doing much to help the people. We should do more for the people. We are always fighting. We should try loving." -Rae Cobra

It seems great :) Could you check out my articles at TeenInk.com/users/Rae_Cobra

on Nov. 18 2014 at 8:06 pm
CreativePrincess SILVER, Cleveland, Ohio
5 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave the world wondering how you did it.

Hey guys can you rate me?