Conflagration Calling | Teen Ink

Conflagration Calling

December 9, 2013
By _exc_, Stocton, California
More by this author
_exc_, Stocton, California
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“On November 23, 2015, in Dawson County, Montana, a citizen known as Jason Walts found seven dead bodies in Dawson Memorial cemetery” said the TV news reporter .Honestly, I still wonder why I watch these. I used to watch the news with my dad, but he’s gone all because of her. She doesn’t even deserve to be called my mother, not after what she did to my family, so I call her Linda, or for respect of her death,” mom”, because I can’t blame only her. It was basically all the Cole family’s fault, but everything has a reason.
It all started three years ago, I still remember because that was the year I started blogging and realized that I would never get a life. But enough of that. So here it goes. It was a normal Sunday in Sacramento, California, and my family was up super early to get ready for church because we all had to go nice in formal outfits, but not too formal because it won’t be proper if we go sloppy .Also my parents were involved in church a lot because my dad was part of the ministries, and my mom was a musician and also helped the choir write their songs.
When church began, the bishop was talking but I could hardly understand him. The outline from his speech was that there are a lot of families without homes, so if any of the church members wanted to help them out by letting one family stay at their home while they are looking for a place to stay. My dad offered our home for a family to live with us, but it has to be a family of four or less. They told the Cole family to stand up, and there was a mother—I believe—and two daughters, but the mom gave me an evil vibe. Also, I can’t be too sure about it because I stayed up all night blogging and I was really tired.
I guess I was caught staring because my mother said “Eliza Jones! Stop staring, it is rude and not a way a lady should act. ”So, I just looked away and waited to be dismissed out of service. When they excused us to leave, I jumped out of my seat and ran to the car. My mom would get mad at me but oh well. When we were driving back home, it kind was of awkward with the new family joining us just to see the house and know where to put their stuff.
To be honest, I have no clue why they need a new home, they looked rich and Mrs. Cole would talk about how her husband died six years ago and how they suffered a lot after that. When we got there, my parents were showing them around the house and my sisters were just socializing with the two girls that are going to be living with us for a while. I clearly did not think that it was necessary to socialize, so I just went upstairs to blog. When I went downstairs to get something to drink, I tripped over something, but knowing me it could be air, so I checked anyway. When I looked there was a box, so I opened it and saw a lot of books, but it was in this language I could hardly understand, but I didn’t read the whole page, not even the whole sentence, but when I looked up I saw a person who looked exactly like the author of the book and then vanished.

When the Cole family came back and the two families were eating dinner I couldn’t eat after what I just saw. When my dad noticed he said, “Aren’t you hungry Eliza?”

“I already ate” I responded.

“Just let it go Jon “my mom replied.

“No, it’s important for my daughter to eat” he replied angrily.

“Fine, just eat your food” replied my mom.

“Alright”I replied.

“So how was everyone’s day today?” my mom asked.

“It was fine” Jane and Allison said.

“It was good”Mrs.Cole replied

“How was your day today mom?” asked

“It was nice sweetie.” she replied.

“Well I got to go to bed” I said.

“Okay, goodnight” my dad said as I left.

After that we went to bed and the Cole family was just unpacking. The next day was like any normal day: go to school and have to socialize with a lot of people that I really didn’t like at all because they thought they were so cool. This was a natural routine, but after two weeks I found my mom reading the book I read, so I had to stop her. While I was going to stop her she grabbed my wrist and pulled my down to her level because she was sitting on the floor. She was mumbling something that I could not understand her, but she got mad at me for trying to take the book away from her, and then she slapped me super hard. I was in shock because I never been hit before so ran to my room and let all my feelings out through music.

After the incident with my mom it became awkward between my mom and I because I couldn’t forgive her like it ever happened, but why would she do that I tried to save her from evil. Weeks after the incident the Cole family and my mom started hanging out more, and I became more suspicious about it. One day, I walked in, and saw them doing something, so I got closer and saw that they were doing witchcraft. I ran to tell my dad because he would know what to do, but my mom threw me to the ground and said “You better back off and not tell your father anything or else ill kill you.” I got scared, so I ran as far as I can.

My dad always told me about this place where I could just think and forget about the world, and how to fit into society because apparently now if you don’t fit in your nothing. I took a seat on the bench near the tree, and just stared at the beautiful view. The view always took my breath away. It was a river and a bunch of flowers. When I went home I felt a lot of hatred, like I did something wrong.

The Cole family hated me, and so did my mom. The only thing that I really wanted was our family to be like how we used to be, all happy and never any secrets between each other, but it all changed. I still wonder how it happened, but I’m just a thirteen girl. During dinner my dad told us that he got a job at Dawson County, Montana. We were all happy to be out of California. Then my Dad asked the Cole family to come and live with us. I internally screamed for them to say no but they agreed. Ever since we moved, I felt someone watching me sleep, but when I woke up and looked nothing was there. When we were moving our stuff to the house I got bored, and when I went in the house I saw Mrs. Cole, so I decided to talk to her. I was being polite and said “Hello Mrs. Cole.”


She replied, “Hello. Weren’t you supposed to be somewhere?”

“No, I don’t usually stay home,” I answered.

She simply nodded and said, “Well, I got to go.”

“Where are you going?” I asked.

“It’s a secret my dear.” she replied.

“Well, have a good day ma’am,” I replied.

“Goodbye,” she replied and left.

When she was gone I was all alone, but I felt someone else in the house. I ignored it and kept on walking around taking in the new house. I heard a couple sounds behind me like someone was slowly following me.When I turned around nothing was there. But when I was going to continue a creature pounced on me on me and pinned me to the floor. I thought it was going to kill me, but instead it he asked “What are you doing in my home.”

“I live here now.” I responded.

“What’s your name?” he asked.
“Eliza and yours?” I responded.
“Azazell”he replied, and left right away.

I was shocked that I didn’t realize my dad walked in.

“Hi sweetie how was your day?” he asked.

“It was weird. I met a boy named Azazell in the house,” I replied.


“Stay away from him. He is no good. Understand me Eliza,” he said sternly.

“Yes. I understand” I replied.

“Good” he responded and left.

After two years, my mother and the Cole were getting really close and were planning something and I knew it but didn’t know what. One day I heard my parents argue, which was rare, and he said she turned into a devil worshiper and he didn’t want anything into that, and said about my encounter with a demon. All of a sudden I heard a scream, so I opened the door and saw my dad there bleeding to death and my mom with a bloody knife. When I knelt down next to him I was already crying and then my dad spoke.

“Listen, I want you to go far away from here and never come back, and not become like your mother. I will love you and your sisters but it’s my time to go now. Good bye sweetheart.”

Then he closed his eyes and took his last breath of air before moving on into another life I know is better than here.When I turned around to say something to my mom, she was gone. I had to leave, but if I did it would be like the devil defeated me, and when I went to my room the Cole twins were staring at me, like they wanted ME dead. Then one of them spoke.

“It must suck to lose three family members in less than one day,”

“What do you mean I just lost three family members in less than one day?” I responded.

“You’ll see” they both said and then laughed.

I was confused by what they meant, but then I remembered my two sisters. I went to check my oldest sister Olivia’s room, but they weren’t there. Then I went to my other sister Stacey’s room, but when I checked her room it was a horrid sight to see. My sisters were all drenched in their blood and had scratches with their eyes out and hanged on the fan with tape over their mouths. The twins came back and decided to talk to me.The blonde one said.

“You see while you were with your dad we knocked them out and tortured them just like your people did to us.”

“What do you mean by my people?” I asked because my people were teens who just blogged and wouldn’t even know who they are.

“OH, but you know who is we are talking about.” the blacked hair spoke up.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t.” I responded.

“URGH! You’re annoying I was talking about the Christians!” she said angrily and stomped off with her sister without saying bye.

People could be so rude sometimes. Now it’s just me and basically the Devil in the house. After that I would sneak out of my house to church every Sunday to church and tell my mom I’m leaving for a walk. Usually it’s quiet but god knows what they do. After six months I got tired of it and told my bishop about and he told me that he could come to my house later that day to check it out.

When he got to my house he began to pray for the house and then my mom came and screeched super loud. Then the Cole family came down and saw the bishop. They became angry and were going to attack. Then the blonde girl got confused then stabbed her sister. Her mother got furious with this then stabbed my mother. For till this day I’m still wondering why. While one of the twins and my mom were dying the other two were about to attack when the girl that got stabbed and my mom turned pale with white eyes and starting walking to us, so the bishop took out the house.

I guess something was burning because the house was later on fire and they were all screaming. After my dad died on his will it said that is my parents were both dead then me and my sisters would have to live with the bishop. Since my sisters died it was just me.After year I got baptized and then a week later we had to go to my mom’s funeral. When were inside the church it felt strange like the box was shaking so I asked for us to leave which my new dad agreed.

When we were home it was my new parents, and two other boys in the livingroom.When all of a sudden we heard a horn and they all said it was time to go. When we were leaving a boy who I believed looked like my cousin came to me.

“I really need your help! Could you please help me?” he begged.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t be left behind” I replied

When I turned around, I saw him run into a store, with what I assume are his friends. I made it to my family well kinda.When we were all together we left. That is the story on how the world became dark and full of monsters. It was the story on how the rapture came and people who did not believe stayed walking on the earth until they move on to a different life, and trust me it’s not good.

I still wonder how earth is, but then I forgot about my mom an all earth products and was focused on the eternal life of freedom, hope, joy, and joy. Also, I still wonder about what that boy who asked for my help. Sometimes I look down at the earth and see creature-like things walking around and biting people. They say my life ended, but it just began a new chapter in life. A great poet once said “If you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything.”

And that is what I did, stood for a good afterlife, and I didn’t fall for the devil’s tricks. Even though I never got what I wanted, I got something better, and my family is together and happy, but my mom isn’t here because she betrayed God. I have a better like and actually socialize with people. I do sometimes regret things like not helping the boy out. One day they will find a cure and live happily, but it would get ruined because they had to wait for him to take them to their new home, called conflagration or just Hell.

That is the story on how the zombies started and how the rapture began.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.