My Mother's Love

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

Recording One

“Grace, you have a visitor,” said Janet, the prison guard.
“Okay, I’ll be there in like two minutes, who is it?” I asked in curiosity. It isn’t like I have any family.
“He said his name is Rodney James from the “News-Enterprise”. He said he has important things to talk to you about. If you don’t want to talk to him I can tell him no. I know how you are with reporters.”
“It’s fine. I think it’s time to share.”
“Well, I could have sworn I’d be the first to know why you’re in this hellhole for life,” she chuckled lightly, “guess I will have to find out the same time as everyone else.” I smiled and pushed myself up off the cold, hard bed I’d come to tolerate. She escorted me down the hall to the private visitor room.
When we walked in a nice looking man, maybe in his early thirties, stood to greet me with a fake smile and sweaty forehead. “Hi, I’m ---“I cut him off, I am tired of people beating around the bush with me.
“I know who you are, sit, ask away.” I said with a hint of sarcasm. He sat down and reached into his bag pulling out a recorder. After setting it up he wiped sweat beads from his wrinkled forehead. Ha-ha he seems nervous, but who wouldn’t be? I mean I AM a murderer.
My thoughts were interrupted by his voice.
“January 21, 2013, Gracelynn Hart interview, session one, at 3:23 pm.” He said in a clear, loud voice that made my skin crawl, yet it made me feel sort of warm inside. “Ms. Hart, --“
“Please, call me Grace, that’s what everyone calls me.” I asked patiently. He nodded as a sense of understanding and began again.
“Grace, will you start by telling me what you were accused of?”
“Not accused, I did what I was convicted of, I murdered my Mother.”
“How long have you been here so far? How long were you sentenced for?”
“Two years, and I believe I have a life sentence.” We talked for hours and hours about nothing that had to do with what I did two years ago, like what my feelings were about my sentence and do I think I deserve this.
Ha! Deserve this? This is so much better than the place I came from.
He finished the first session without finding out anything, but I discovered a lot about him. Rodney had no idea that I could see right through him. Yet, parts of him were a mystery which intrigued me. Janet tapped my arm and escorted me back to my cell.
I did my normal routine, brushed my teeth, while doing so I glanced at myself in the mirror. I still looked like I did when I was eighteen except I look exhausted now. Long red hair, freckles like you wouldn’t believe and green eyes that would put the greenest grass to shame. I look just like her... Yep, same old me… I finished my routine and went to bed.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Madie2kThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
There is a lot of ways you can go with this story, I dont think you should stop there. The police could be searching for her and the two would have to hide different places. I liked your story though! Keep posting!

JLEIGH96 replied...
Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:42 am
Thanks a million i appreciate it :D