Destroy what Destroys you

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Next »

Chapter 4- Camille's POV

“Cami, you might want to see this…” Mace said waking me up to a major headache. He grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the living room. He handed me a Bloody Mary and some aspirin.
“I’d rather have a hangover than drink this,” I said backing the drink away.
“Well you aren’t going to be so happy after you see this, so drink away,”
“See what?”
“This,” Mace turned the channel to the news. I gasped and saw all the cop cars by the prison. I read the title of the breaking news. Michael Greene had escaped.
I tossed the aspirin, threw my head back, swallowed, and then chugged down the Bloody Mary. I got into the shower, waking me up making me feel like I was completely sober. I changed into fresh clothes.
“Lets go,” I said heading to my car that Mace had picked up this morning while I was sleeping.
“You know where he is don’t you?” Mace asked.
“I’ve been studying every move this man has been making for two years. Of course I know where he’s at.” I replied.
“Are you going there now?”
“That’s up to you. Should we go and not tell anyone or wait forever until they have a plan?”
“Cami, I really think we should wait. It might not be safe. He’s killed way too many girls too count. If we go, you could be the next.”
“They weren’t armed.” I showed him my gun. “If it makes you feel better, we’ll go to the station right now and go tonight instead.”
“I don’t feel comfortable at all.”
“Well, I wasn’t comfortable thirdwheeling it to all of your dates, but I went anyways.”
“I never invited you, that’s the difference.” He said quietly sinking down into the passengers seat.
“Come on, we’ll just check it out. Five minutes at the max. Please? I won’t ask for anything else.”
“Fine, but it’s not 'cause you’ll never ask for anything because I know that’s a lie.”