Destroy what Destroys you

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

Destroy what Destroys you

Chapter 1
“We caught him,” Mace’s dark husky voice said through the phone.
I picked some M&Ms from the crystal bowl on the oak coffee table and sat on the couch.
“Who?” I asked while chewing.
“Michael,”
My heart caught beat and I stopped breathing for a brief moment. I coughed clearing my throat from the M&Ms I had just chocked on.
“Michael,” I repeated. “As in Michael Greene. The – the –”
“The Chain Killer. Cami, we caught him today. He actually gave himself up. Just walked into the station and told a cop to cuff him. He’s in our custody now and I wanted to know if you wanted to talk to him. Captain said it would be a good idea. Besides he said he won’t talk to anyone except you,”
I sighed and ran my finger quickly through my hair ruffling it around. I tapped my feet nervously. Did I really want to do this?
“I’ll be there in five,” I said hanging up.
I quickly got off the couch in one swift movement. I snatched my keys off the cold marble counter and headed to my old Mustang I recently bought. I stuck the key into the ignition and waited for the car to purr. I backed out and headed for the police station.
Michael Greene was the man behind my mother’s death. I had seen him two years ago when he had killed my mom in the old asylum I sent him to the year before. He’s been on the chase ever since. We call him the Chain Killer because he chains you up and then saws you into pieces with a chainsaw. So far, we’ve found, honestly, too many bodies to count.
Michael has visited me many times. He’s left me gifts, which I never open, and cards, I burn those. Once he sent me a picture of my mom, scrawny and withdrawn after he kidnapped her. I never told anyone, not even my father or sister. I told Mace though, because I knew he wouldn’t tell a single soul. I trusted him more than I trusted my own father.
Finally the Chain Killer was found. He wasn’t even found. He gave himself up. That’s not normal. Something’s not right and I’m going to figure it out.
I showed the guard my badge and headed to the interrogation room. There was the man who killed my mom, the man who tore apart families, the man who ruined my life.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »