The House Still Standing

Author's note: This story came to me when my teacher gave us open writing. He said we could write what ever we...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This story came to me when my teacher gave us open writing. He said we could write what ever we wanted to. Every week, I would get a new idea. Then all of a sudden, The House Still Standing came to me.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Let The Games Begin

The next morning
The thought of losing Stephanie kept me up at night.
“KAYLA!” My mother yelled. I sighed and got up. Once I past Stephanie’s room, I began to cry softly.

“Yes mom?” I said.

“Where is Stephanie? I went into her room, but she was gone. Do you perhaps know where she is?” My mother questioned.

“Umm… Nope…” I trailed off.

“Well. Go back to sleep.” She said. I sighed and did as what I was told. The reason why I didn’t tell my mother where my sister is because I knew she wouldn’t believe me. Then Cole would make fun of me. I didn’t want that to happen. I grabbed my phone and sat down. Searching for Stephanie was hard. I just didn’t know where to begin.

Later
I finally figured out what I should do. Seven years ago, Justin told me about the secrets of this house. After looking around, I find out that my aunt Isabel and Uncle Jason and my niece Hayley were kidnapped. Six months later, Hayley’s soul was floating around a library. Ghost hunters recorded these sayings.
“MARIA? MARIA? WHERE ARE YOU? YOU WANTED US DEAD. YOU HAVE YOUR WISH? MARIA!” The cops gave more information and said that the person who kidnapped them was Maria Rossi. Then seven years later, Uncle Jason and aunt Isabel souls were found in this house. Right now I’m meeting up with a ghost hunter dude to help me talk to my aunt and uncle.
Two hours later
The ghost hunter is setting up the equipment and is getting ready in a minute.
“Are you scared at all?” the guy said.
“Nope… I just want to know what they are going to do with my sister,” I said lying right through my teeth.
“You know… Ghosts always know when you are lying,” the guy said. I gulped and walked over to the seat in the middle.
“Ok in forty-five seconds you are going to get in contact with your aunt and uncle. Just be calm and answer as many as questions as you can, Ok? In 5…4…3…2…1” the guy said. I hesitated and try to talk but I’m too nervous. Finally I found my words and began to talk.
“Where is my sister?” I said firmly.
“WHO ARE YOU?” my aunt said.
“Your niece Kayla,” I said.
“WHAT DO YOU WANT?” Jason said.
“My sister… I want Stephanie back.” I said.
“Ha-ha. You foolish girl. You should know your manners!” my aunt said.
“PLEASE! I’M BEGGING YOU. I NEED STEPHANIE BACK!” I said. If my aunt or uncle said no, I would break down in tears.
“NEVER! WE LOST OUR HAYLEY! WE ARE NOT LOSING STEPHANIE!” Jason said.
“She isn’t yours Auntie and Uncle,” I said softly. Right then and there, my mother burst opens the door. I think my aunt and uncle noticed because my mother was taken within a minute.
“MOTHER NO!” I screamed and fell to my knees.
“WHAT DO YOU WANT?” I said while collapsing to the floor and bursting into tears.
“Our house back. All of our secrets lay in this house, and for you guys to just move in here like it’s nothing. It hurts and what hurts the most is that we were killed and nobody cared. So we take what’s most important. In the case it’s Stephanie.” Isabel said.
“You messed with my family…. I don’t care if you are dead or alive or you were related to me I will find you and I will end you once and for all. “I said standing and wiping my tears away.
“Let the games began,” my aunt said.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

ItbealiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:27 am:
Is my story good?