The House Still Standing

Author's note: This story came to me when my teacher gave us open writing. He said we could write what ever we...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This story came to me when my teacher gave us open writing. He said we could write what ever we wanted to. Every week, I would get a new idea. Then all of a sudden, The House Still Standing came to me.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Strange Iteractions

Shocked with what just happened, I ran to the door and saw Stephanie with my stepdad and my mom.
“Stephanie! Are you okay?” I said breathing heavy and hugging her.
“What kind of sister you are!” Cole said.
“Mom! Cole! I have something to tell you. Umm… I saw Aunt Isabel in the house.” I said knowing that they would think I’m crazy.
“Ha-ha... Honey auntie has been died for years.” My mom and Cole said while laughing.
“Never say I didn’t warn you.” I said.
My own mother didn’t believe me. I sighed while playing with my food.
“Kayla… Eat please.” My mother said softly.
“Not hungry. Come on steph let’s get ready to go to bed.”
“But I’m not tired sissy.” She said all innocent.
“Oh you would rather stay with mama but not sissy?” I said.
“NO NO!” She said running and grabbing my hand. I chuckled at her and began walking up the stairs. Every time Stephanie and I went up a step, it would make a creaking noise. I sighed and made it up to Stephanie’s room. The room was filled with princesses and bright colors.
“Do you like your room?” I said while looking directly in her eyes.
“Yes.” She said smiling.
“Sissy?” Stephanie said.
“Yes?” I said looking at her.
“Promise me you won’t let anything hurt me?” She said.
“Promise,” I said.
“Well sorry…… But it is way past your bedtime.” I said while grabbing her pajamas. She got changed and was knocked out within a minute. I turned off her light and went down to my room. “Kayla…. LEAVE! GET OUT OF HERE! THIS IS MY HOUSE! YOU FOOL!” I gulped because I knew who said that. The person who married my auntie. Jason McCann.
“Trust me. I would love to get out of this freaky house,” I said while slamming my door shut. Why am I the victim? Why do I have to leave? I needed answers and I knew just the right guy. The guy who told me all about this place seven years ago. Justin….
“Hey Kayla! What is going on?” Justin said.
“I need answers Justin.” I said firmly.
“Homework answers?” Justin said unsure of what I was talking about.
“No. Answers about the House Still Standing.” I said.
“Justin? Justin are you there?” I said. The line went dead and I was no longer talking to him. I was talking to another person or soul.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

ItbealiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:27 am
Is my story good?