The House Still Standing

Author's note: This story came to me when my teacher gave us open writing. He said we could write what ever we...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This story came to me when my teacher gave us open writing. He said we could write what ever we wanted to. Every week, I would get a new idea. Then all of a sudden, The House Still Standing came to me.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

The House

“KAYLA!!! GET DOWN HERE NOW AND HELP OUT YOUR STEPDAD!” Cole said. I sighed and took my time going down the stairs.
“Took you long enough. You lazy human!” Cole said while smirking. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the boxes and began putting them into the car.
“Hey get back here Kay Kay,” Cole said. I hated when he called me by my nickname.
“What now Co Co!!” I said smirking.
“I told you many of times not to call me by my nickname,” Cole said.
“Not so fun isn’t it? Huh Co Co?”I said.
“Show me some respect! I am your father,” Cole said.
“How dare you say you are my father? You could never be my father! Show you respect? Please... You don’t even take care of your own daughter.” I said. Anger was boiling in his body.
“That’s it! I can’t take it any longer! When I first met your mother, I made a promise to her that I would try to be nice. You just keep pushing my buttons and I can’t take it_” I interrupted him but stomping my foot and rolling my eyes.
“A promise? Really Cole? You are the low that you needed to make a promise to my mo… Jenny.” I didn’t bother saying my mother because I like her real name better. Mother is not for her.
“Whatever Kayla!” Cole said while storming back into the house. I finished putting the boxes in the car and grabbed Stephanie and buckled her securely in the car.
“Cole and Jenny come on!” I said yelling through the house. No sound was made. “Are you serious guys?” I sighed and began walking up the stairs. First I looked in their room. Then mines and then Stephanie’s. This is no use, I thought. I grabbed the keys and drove me and Stephanie in the new house.
Once I got there, my heart starting to beat like crazy. Something about this house made me scared. You could say it give a bad vibe. Tightening my grip on Stephanie’s hand, I walked slowly to the front door. Shuffling through the keys, I found one that said new house. I grabbed the key and unlocked the door. Creek….. It opened up halfway and slowly to see an empty house. Out of all the houses on sale, she had to pick this one. I gulped slowly and I took one step in.
“Wait right here. Stephanie, please do not move a muscle,” I said looking straight into her eyes. She nodded and I took more steps in. Once I was in the middle, the door slammed close. “STEPHANIE! STEPH. PLEASE SAY SOMETHING!” I said pounding my fists on the door and trying to opened the door.
“You should have never come here Kayla. GET OUT!” a voice said from behind me. I gulped and turned around. Once I was turned, I nearly fainted. The person I saw was no person at all. It was a ghost. It was a ghost I remember, my aunt Isabel Marie Lopez.
“Auntie, is that you?” I said with tears forming in my eyes.
“Who is this Auntie Isabel? I don’t know who you are and what you are but GET OUT OF MY HOUSE OR ELSE!” My own aunt doesn’t even recognize me.
“I can’t Auntie… I live here now,” I said very slowly scared with what my aunt was capable of.
“I warned you….” she said while floating away.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

ItbealiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:27 am
Is my story good?