Nightmare

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

Night

“Hi, I’m Mr. Winters.” A short balding man extended his hand to the sales representative. “What’s your name?”
“My name’s Shelley, and how can I help you sir?”
“Well,I was interested in buying a toaster.”
“Well, let me tell you that this toaster is the best there is” Shelley showed Mr. Winters a toaster. Shelley was the best sales representative at the Sales Mart in the entire state of Oregon.
“I really don’t think so,” hedged Mr. Winters. “I mean, this is too expensive.”
“Even though it’s half the regular price?” Shelley leaned in to the toaster so her broad, shining smile would reflect off of it-straight in to Mr. Winter’s face.
“I’m sorry, I’m just not that interested.” He could smell the lavender soap she had used-it was very enticing.
“So there’s no way I can get you to buy this toaster? No way at all?” Shelley asked, thinking what in the world she could do to boost her quota.
“I don’t really need one,” Mr. Winters shook his head.
Shelley leaned in towards the man, twirling her hair seductively. “Would your toaster make me the best slice of toast in town tomorrow morning?”
“Okay in that case, I’ll buy the pancake griddle as well!”
After he had bought the toaster, Mr. Winters approached Shelley, “So, were you teasing me about breakfast?”
“Well, shouldn’t we have dinner first?”
“Sure-pick you up at eight?”
“Yeah that’ll work,” Shelley wrote down her address and gave it to him, “see you then.”
Later that evening, Shelley realized she had made two mistakes; she had decided to go on a date with a man old enough to be her father-balding, wrinkly and reeking of cigar smoke. She also agreed to go on a date just to increase her quota. “Oh well, I’ll just turn out the lights and pretend I’m not here.”
What Shelley didn’t realize was that Mr. Winters had expected this, he saw the lights turn off as he sat in his car outside. He had circled her house and parked the car in the next neighborhood. He knocked on the door.
“Can I come in? I just want to talk.”
Shelley didn’t answer him-he’ll go away eventually.
“I know you’re in there, c’mon; I saw the lights go off.”
Shelley decided to let him in, “Sorry, my house is kind of a mess.”
“That’s ok, I like messy houses-it shows life.” He looked down at her coffee, “So I see you’re drinking coffee.”
“Yeah, I made it a while ago.”
“Why don’t I buy you a fresh cup?” The man smiled his broad smile at her.
“No, I’m sorry you seem like a nice guy, but I just don’t think this is going to work out.”
He began to laugh. “I can’t believe I thought you were different from all of those other girls that said they’d go out with me. Well, apparently you thought, like the others, that you are better than me.” He stepped towards her.
“I never thought that.”
“You turned off the lights. Did you think I’m stupid too?”
“No, I promise, I didn’t mean to hurt you. It’s just I made a mistake.”
“You thought I was stupid, you thought I’d leave.”
She reachedfor her phone in her back pocket-but it was not there, “No I didn’t.” She whined pleadingly.
Mr. Winters then turned and locked the door.
“You thought that I would just leave,” Mr. Winters said, ignoring her. “Well guess what? I found you.” He smiled. “And you’re going to end up like all of the other girls-dead!”
Shelley backed up and fell over a chair; Mr. Winters leaned down, his face inches from hers. “Mr. Winters please,” begged Shelley “don’t hurt me.”
He grabbed her by the hair and threw her to the ground. “You’re saying to me, that I shouldn’t hurt you?” he growled, “What about me! Huh?” he paused. “It’s ok for you to hurt me?”
“Mr. Winters I never intended to hurt you. I promise, I was just really tired from work and—”
“Never intended to hurt me-well I’m sorry but I just can’t forgive that.” Mr. Winters then pulled out his knife. He slammed his free hand down on Shelley’s throat. “You know all these women are the same-they think they can just use me. You should consider yourself lucky-usually I look for ways to torture the person emotionally. Usually I come after their families, their most dearly loved people.”
“Please,” Shelley moaned.
“Shut it,” Mr. Winters tightened his grip on her, “I’m not finished with you yet.”
Mr. Winters began to bring the knife down, but right as he was about to, Shelley kneed him in the groan. This caused Mr. Winters to drop his knife. Shelley wrenched herself from his grip and ran to the back door, hoping to escape. Unfortunately, Mr. Winters proved to be faster than she was. “Nice try.”
He then grabbed her around the waist- he was stronger than he looked-and he slammed her down on the floor. Struggling and screaming, he put his hand over her mouth and with one quick motion, snapped her neck.
Seeing that he would have to dispose of the body, Mr. Winters put on a pair of gloves and wrapped her body in a tarp that he had in the back of his car. He was always prepared for situations like this. However, when Mr. Winters opened the door, a figure ran away from the bushes. He couldn’t pursue this figure, who he could only identify as a male because he had a body to deal with.
He carried her to the neighbor’s well; he wanted to ensure the police wouldn’t find the body or any evidence. As he began to put her down the well, he felt for a pulse and there was one. He brought the knife out again and slices across her neck. The knife slit her neck in to a gaping, pulsing hole.
He let the blood drip in to the well, savoring each drop as it hit the water below, “Oh how I enjoy these moments.”
He then removed his gloves and disposed of the knife down the well. “This is what you get for thinking you were smarter than me.” He then jumped over the neighbor’s fence and on a whim, ran over to the bush -where he saw the figure come from-and found an I.D on the ground, “I found my witness.”
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

Sarah1517 said...
This is a great story line! I'm going to give your advice back to, you're telling me but I'd like to see what's going on, show me through your eyes.