What A Doll

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5

Nice Attempt

The next morning, Tess woke up to go make coffee around quarter to seven. Jackson and Sally stay asleep as she walked down into the kitchen. As she put the ground coffee into the coffee maker, Sally started to awaken. Her upper body slowly rose and she climbed out of bed as if she were sleep-walking. She went to her doll house, and chucked a doll straight at the wall, head first. Jackson heard the thump and walked into her room half asleep. It appeared as if she was sleeping on the floor and he saw a doll is laying a few feet away. He notices that doll looked like his wife. He couldn’t remember if he saw her lying in bed or not when he woke up from the thump, so he rushed back to their bedroom and saw she wasn’t there. He walked fast-paced down the staircase into the kitchen to see that she was knocked out on the ground. Bludgeoned. He ran to her to check her pulse. Nothing. He breathed heavily and tears ran down his face. He knew that this voodoo thing was getting out of hand a long time ago but had no idea what to do. It’s as if his daughter were possessed. He ran back upstairs to see if there was any trace of Sally left in this 9 year olds body. “Sally, are you awake?” he asked hoping this was all a dream. He walked to her to turn her body to face him and she started yelling in an unusually low-pitched tone and her eyes rolled back. Jackson’s eyes widened. She screamed and jumped on him. Attempting to get her off of him he grabs a pillow next to him and smothered her face with it. She stopped screaming and he removed the pillow. She appeared to be dead. He checked her pulse and ran downstairs to dig a hole in the backyard that he can throw the dolls into. He shoved them in a box and ran to grab his keys. After he buried them, he ran straight to his car to scram out of the neighborhood. He stopped at Pat’s house and ran in to grab Grace and Pat. “We have to leave now she killed her and there was a pillow and I just shoved it in her face and the dolls were why you both almost died, we need to get out of here!” they leave without question because of the frantic demands he was yelling at them. “We need to get out of state and change our names and just get far, far away. Whatever possessed Sally was not happy with us being there or something I’m not sure we just need to go!” They sped down the interstate toward the city, exiting the middle of nowhere town they were living in.
Sally slowly rose off the ground and walked slowly, almost zombie-like, down the staircase into the back yard. She crawled to the buried dolls and dug the box out with her hands dirtying her fingernails. She carried them inside of the house into the living room and lit the fireplace. She threw them into it, melting them all to nothing.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5