The Devil's Pawn

Author's note: I finished this for a friend. I wrote it for anyone who has a soft spot for Mystery/Thrillers.
Author's note: I finished this for a friend. I wrote it for anyone who has a soft spot for Mystery/Thrillers.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

Some Solace

“She was in for it now!” she thought to herself or at least she would be when she got home.
Something in her head made her deny the feeling of guilt left behind from killing an innocent.
“No, no, no! Don’t be silly. You needed to do this, or else he probably would’ve hurt you in that ward, probably killed you. You had no choice,” she tried to reassure herself that it was an accident, but it hadn’t been she had done it on purpose.
She felt her neck, finding two small holes she shivered at the feel of them. They were his mark, from when he had drawn her blood all those years ago… He wasn’t the best decision she made, and he wasn’t the best person for her to get to know.
She would always be thinking of what she could’ve done differently to help the girl, the one who had died by her hands. There was nothing she could do differently almost as if knowing him was meant to be.
He was getting to her head and there was no one who would believe her and the Psychiatric Ward was the last place she wanted to end up, again.
She had wanted to be on her best behavior because she knew that if she were caught again she would be sent back.
She hadn’t killed because she wanted to do it, but because she needed to find solace in herself and solace with him. His eyes were everywhere and he would always watch her… his pawn.