This endless life | Teen Ink

This endless life

November 13, 2012
By JackJackal123, Unalakleet, Alaska
More by this author
JackJackal123, Unalakleet, Alaska
0 articles 3 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
If something isn't real then what is real?


This Endless Life

The sulky and dark weather was colder than a stare of a lone wolf. The weather was freezing . I saw a hooded figure walking down the road. The person was wearing a thin sweater. When I caught up to him he was kind of pale. He was also had blood around his neck and his face. I asked, “What happened?” He didn’t reply. Then I saw a wolf coming to the both of us. I freaked out and went to go hide. I saw that he was actually talked to the wolf. I couldn’t hear what they were saying. I only heard soft whispers. I tried to follow them, but they had spotted me. I ran to the nearest hotel and stayed in there.

The next morning I had a blurry memory of the guy. I thought he was deranged and I just that the animal was a wolf. “I could be anything.” I said to myself. I looked outside and I saw police on the road. They were following a trail of blood that seemed like the same kind on the man’s face. I went to see the police. I asked, “Did you test the blood yet?” The said, “Yes, but the blood wasn’t human it was canine’s blood.” I was shocked. I wonder how the blood was not human. I think that man killed it.

I went walking again around the same place that night to see if the man would show up again. I went around the block to see if he would be around. I was getting tired so went to the motel. I saw the same sweater, but this time it was more torn up. In the gaps I saw cuts and more of the same blood. This time I hid in some bushes. Then the wolf came by. The man turned into one wolf. They ran away because they heard me. I tried to follow them, but they were faster. Then I just went back where the man morphed into the wolf. There was nothing! The only thing I saw was more blood. I started to go back to the motel. I stepped on something and went through my shoe. I didn’t remove it until I went my bathroom. Oddly it was a claw. I went to sleep right after that.

I was dreaming that I was a werewolf. I was scared so I woke up. My foot was throbbing. I turned on the light and it was still bleeding. I went to patch it up. It still was hurting. I slowly went to bed. I woke up in the afternoon to call the doctor for an appointment for my foot. I took some time because I didn’t have anything to ride. When I got there my foot was in tingeing. I went to doctor’s office. I told him I had a deep cut in my foot. The doctor was surprised when he unwrapped the bandages. The wound was gone. All the blood was left on the bandage.

That night I was terrified because a saw the man walking through the hallway. My foot just suddenly started to bleed. It seemed when he got closer the cut would reopen out of thin air. I try to follow him quietly to know where he lived. He kept on walking through the narrow hallways. I lost him when he went to the elevator. I went to the stairs to see if could catch up. I said to myself, “I can never do this with my bad foot.” I just kept on walking to see if there was an empty elevator. Then when I was at the lobby and he was long gone. I found a trail of blood outside so then I followed it. It led to a nearby forest, so I went back. He was far enough so that my foot was good. My skin was starting to get pale. When I reached the lobby and everything got black. Last thing I remember was hitting the floor with a loud bang. I woke up I was in a hospital bed with blood going into my arm.

I asked the doctor, “What happened?” He said,” You blacked out from lack of blood.” I thought the wound wouldn’t be that bad. I had to walk home in middle of the night. I tried to avoid the man because I didn’t want to lose any more blood. I was safe in my apartment. I went to sleep.

Next morning I got up and investigated if there were any tracks. I looked around and there was nothing. I seen that there was more wolf sightings on the news and I wasn’t surprised. The man is probably recruiting more members. I will try to do the same. I just asked some hunters if they wanted to catch some wolves. They agreed and followed me. We waited till the man came and change into a wolf. The men couldn’t find anything but a small wolf. They shot and more wolves came. The hunters were out numbered so I ran back to the hotel. All I heard was screaming and a couple of gunshots. I felt uneasy knowing that they could kill hunters. I had to be more smart and stealthy about attacking. Now the hard part, killing him by myself.
I started to pack for the big fight. I hope I survive. I ran to the lobby and left my keys on the counter. I went was walking to a store to stack up weapons and water. When I was ready I went to chop some wood to build a cabin because it was stronger than a tent. When I was done it was almost nighttime. I packed a knife and a gun. I didn’t want to make much racket or else I’d die. At first I saw a small wolf. I wouldn’t kill it because they are using it as bait. I just followed the wolf to see where it would lead me. It was a dark cave. I didn’t go in because I didn’t want to be too far away from my cabin. I sprinted back because they saw me. I stopped to shoot a couple of them to slow them down. I was safe in the cabin. My cut just suddenly started to bleed. I knew he was coming. I couldn’t run. I was trapped. He opened the door and I blacked out.

I woke up in the hospital. I was torn up and I got bit. I rented the same room. At night I suddenly blacked out. Next morning I was outside on the snow. I saw wolf tracks. I became what I tried to kill. I was scared and ran to my room to see what happened. When I was there the bed was ripped and there was blood everywhere. I was shocked. I saw a man in the corner. I went to go check him. He was dead and one of his feet was gone. I wanted to see if I could get someone to help me. That night I was able to control the morphing for sometime. I jumped out of the window because a mob of people in was down in the lobby. The jump hurt my paws on the cold stinging ice. I started trotting down the street I saw the man. I wanted to attack him, but some reason I couldn’t. A high buzzing noise made my ears hurt.

He laughed sinfully as I suffered. My wolf’s senses made me try to run. I didn’t want to be here, but I fought its instincts to run, but it felt like an invisible leash. I asked, “Why am I like this?” He replied, “You have a virus that was in the claw. You are like me.” I wondered why. He can read my mind. I heard a small voice in back of mind. It sounded like my mind. Then it suddenly started to get louder and I blacked out. When I woke up I was in the cave. I was tied down to a rock. My back was throbbing. He was sitting on a chair. He was talking, but I couldn’t hear because it was filled with blood. When the blood was kind of out. He was talking about how he became a werewolf. He said, “I was an explorer until one ungrateful day. I was walking through the forest until a wolf attacked me. The bite affected me. I had sudden black outs and sudden pains.” I asked, “How can I control it so I can be human?” He replied, “ You can’t.” I was shocked, but I knew he was lying. He went way back in the cave, so I had sometime to actually get out of the ropes. I hid behind a huge boulder with a broken part. I sat down to see my foot was bleeding but it wasn’t. I found a secret passageway that led out of the cave. I ran to my cabin because it was still day and I was happy that I escaped. That night I awoke from a terrible dream. He was outside my door waiting. I was starting to get anxious. The night was almost over. All of a sudden I heard something banging in the bathroom. I grabbed a crowbar and cheeked it out. It was just a branch. I was relived. Then something broke down the door when I was standing in the open. It was the police. He asked,” Why didn’t you answer the first time?” The room went quiet for a little awhile till I finally asked,” Why are you here in the first place.” The officer was about to leave when said,” Wrong house sorry.” When he left the sir smelt of blood and raw meat. I knew he was coming.

I Ran as soon I saw the body drop. The night got darker and was getting louder. I had to get out of the forest. The man was right behind me. Wolves started to follow me. One bit me and I could smell blood. I kicked it and ran to a road. The roads were abandoned so I was trapped, again. This time he will kill. The sound of his voice notified me. He was shouting like a mad man at insane asylum. Only one solution, find an abandoned car. The car was at least 50 yards away so it was unfeasible to go on. The wolves were blacker than the night. I only heard a low growl. An awkward man came out with sloping figure. He yelled,” Follow me if you want to live.” Tomorrow was a full moon I thought so I followed him.

He was hundreds of years old, but he still looked young. There was a lot of blood around him. Later after we escaped he told me why he was there. He said,” A fate similar to yours. I was curious what was with the murders in 1790. They were very strange; wolves caused all the murders. They were harmless until he came. The caretakers of the wolves were missing and most of there neighbors.” Something mysterious made a sound outside. He looked tired because he told me he’d been up all day working on new weapons. One was one for a cure to stop being a werewolf and the other was a sword of silver. He had burns on his hands just from touching the sword, so I knew it was effective. I knew and he knew we would need more people than the two of us.

We couldn’t just hang up flyers like,” You have your lost cat.” We scavenged through crowds of people the next day to see any morphing. There were 34 people who changed into a werewolf and a lot of people were scared. Most of them had scars from their attack. They looked as if they were in mid 20’s. They were following the guy because he said,” When we get the right human I will let you go.” Everyone thought he had a cure for them, but he was a liar. I am glad I was out cold. We have to beat him to set them free from him. First we have to practice fighting a werewolf. We had to train from a master. There was a man than was visiting from Japan that works with people that never held a sword before. He would help us with the big fight before he leaves. The fight was tonight, so we had to prepare.

The day was going to an end so the fight began. The people were ready to fight them. They were tired any sleepy and I had a bad feeling. We walked into the cave I was once held in. We set up the flashlights that were important. We took separate watches on every hour. The ominous feeling in my head was still going off. The cave was pitch black. We tried to light it up, but it stayed the same. Then there was a quiet, but easily heard rustle.

Next day I was supposed to leave this trip. My family noticed I wasn’t at the hotel. They had followed the footsteps that lead into the forest. I was crawling out, and then I passed out because of blood loss. I woke up in hospital; half awake I called for the nurse. When she opened the door I saw the man standing across the hall. I screamed, “Look behind you!” The nurse slowly looked behind her and there was nothing. I was put in the insane ward for the hallucinations. It is either I am right or just my mind. I can still hear the cries for help as the people were killed.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.