My Caution Tape Angel

Author's note: My Creative Writing teacher from a year ago inspired me to try to express my creative mind in the...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: My Creative Writing teacher from a year ago inspired me to try to express my creative mind in the form of a book. I hope that everyone who reads this will feel the same way i did when writing it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Fear Strikes Back

Now I knew Mike acted weird. But never this weird! I had always been very suspicious of Mike, he was never at home for very long. Always ‘at work’ or on a ‘business trip’ but he couldn’t fool me. There was always an earring or new perfume coming home with him. But since h is the only “real man” at Macy’s… mom just blames it on that! I guess it makes science… but I still don’t trust him. I think the REAL reason he doesn’t want me there is because he doesn’t want me to rat him out to her when she gets back. If she gets back. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Three days. It’s been three days since momma has gone missing. Three days of living in the big yellow house. Three days of regret. Liam has come over every day since it’s happened. Sitting under the bright yellow caution tape is where it happened. When I saw the light footprints indent the carpet and just sit there… Mocking me! “Liam?” I ask… “Do you see the footprints in the carpet? Or am I just seeing things…?” he turns his head just slightly, but as he did, his eyes bulged out really big. “Lilly… Call the police! I see the foot prints, and blood on the ceiling! Hurry… maybe they can get here before the footprints go away!”
I ran to the kitchen and grabbed the main line. “Operator? Get me the Bogart police. It’s about the Grimmer Case.” I breathe into the small pink receiver. “Right away Ms. Grimmer!” she says. I think she sounds scared. Her voice seemed to tremble when she spoke. Officer Crowley answered the phone, his voice seemed angry. “Grimmer, what do you want?” I gulp in a breath of air trying to not to sound to terrified… “Yes Mr. Crowley? It’s Lilly Grimmer… Nancy Grimmer’s daughter? We have found footprints on the floor and blood on the celling in the parlor where we last saw my mother. We haven’t been INSIDE the room but from outside the tape we saw them. Will you please send someone to check it out?” I ask, barely moving my mouth. “Of course, we will be right over. Get everyone in the house and take them to that rock of yours. We will be there as soon as we can.”