New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

My Caution Tape Angel

Author's note: My Creative Writing teacher from a year ago inspired me to try to express my creative mind in the...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: My Creative Writing teacher from a year ago inspired me to try to express my creative mind in the form of a book. I hope that everyone who reads this will feel the same way i did when writing it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Beody Bag Strikes Again

The whole house seemed to glow as they set foot into it.
The parents and Makenzie went into the parlor, leaving me and Liam in the kitchen alone. He was blushing like crazy; he pulled out his phone, typed something, and stuck his phone back into his pocket. My phone buzzed almost immediately after. It was from Liam, “Will you be my girlfriend?” Write as I was about to reply ‘yes’, I heard a scream from the parlor. It was shrill and high pitched. Under my breath I muttered a prayer of safety over us all. Liam darted through the entry door first, and I followed close behind. I knew that scream, it was Momma’s. And when I did reach the parlor, Momma was gone, and everyone else was tied up and blind folded. Except for Pastor Michel… but he joined me and Liam at the door seconds later and took in the horrific sight.
The bright blue and red lights flashed in the window. Body tape lined the parlor. We were outside now, huddled up on my climbing rock. Grammy was sobbing, saying how much she missed her baby, and the Mcmanns were all praying. I had no idea what to do. Me and my stepdad Mike didn’t get along well. So we awkwardly stood by the porch. Grandpappys truck came up rattling up the path, breaking our silence. Though grand pappy was 78 years old, he still all over the place like he was 30. His tattered old cowboy boots fell from the car door with him in them, landing with a crunch on the ground. He hobbled over to us and as soon as he saw the police tape his face turned a ghostly white.” The BB killer has hit our small town”, he squeaked in his deep voice, “BB stands for body bag… He kidnaps em and puts em in a body bag for later when he comes back and kills em at the same spot he took em!” he looks at his old boots, probably to hide the tears from me. I haven’t ever seen grandpappy cry and I don’t want to today. I turn away but I see Mike drop something from his jacket pocket and get into his little mustang. The tires slowly spin off and start to drive to the house. I know that because it’s about the time that his “work partner” calls him and I don’t think he wanted Gamma and Grandpappy to hear his conversation. Finally I decide to look at the piece of paper that he dropped. It was a note for me. That’s funny… When could he have written this? Unfolding the note I see these words:
‘Lilly honey without your mother here I see no point in having you staying in my house. I will be bringing all of your clothes and things to pappys and gammas house for you. I will keep in touch and I will come visit every weekend… But I can’t stand to see someone who looks so much like your mother around… I’m Sorry.”