My Caution Tape Angel

Author's note: My Creative Writing teacher from a year ago inspired me to try to express my creative mind in the...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: My Creative Writing teacher from a year ago inspired me to try to express my creative mind in the form of a book. I hope that everyone who reads this will feel the same way i did when writing it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Hakuna Matata

I sat in the third row of pews at my small town church. The smell of peaches filled the room as the crisp summer breeze whipped around inside Bogart Baptist church. Pastor Michal was rambling on about the new sermon series called “Haukana Matata” and how it will solve all of our problems.
The only thing I could focus on was the pastor’s son…Liam. The family was still new to our small town in Georgia, and Liam looked as lost as a lamb without a Shepard to help guide him. A few moments later my mother and step-father came and shook me back into reality. “Lilly, Lilly dear. Come along we must drive out to pappys farm, him and Grammy are having us for dinner” “Comin’ mamma” I say as I gather up my bible and notebook.
Right when we walk out the two wood doors, Liam and his mother Sara, his sister Makenzie and his dad stopped to invite us to a barbeque on Tuesday. Of course I was only looking at Liam, but I could hear momma talking about pappy’s farm (like always!) She always seemed to do that around people she considered better than us. I guess it made her feel like she had something they didn’t. I could tell that pastor Michal was getting impatient with her cause he kept sighing heavily and tapping his foot.
Anyway back to Liam! His longish blond hair barely hit his eyebrows, and his eyes were like crystal blue lakes. The baby pink polo shirt he was wearing made his cheek’s seem extra rosy. As I slowly snapped back into reality… again. I noticed that his perfect white teeth were smiling at me. ME! My thoughts were running a mile a minute! The pastor’s super cute son was smiling at me! What did this mean… You know what who cares! I think right before smiling back at him!