Evil Loves to Party

Author's note: The horror Movie: House on Haunted Hill Gave kme the idea to trap a few people somehwere...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: The horror Movie:

House on Haunted Hill

Gave kme the idea to trap a few people somehwere with the weird connection that brings them all together...murder...  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next »

Missing Melissa

Chloe: Are you sure it came from here?
Preston: I was just following the scream-
Jonathon: We don’t have time to argue-
(He opens the door and they all start down the stairs except for Preston. Camera follows behind Chloe as they all frantically search the cramped basement. The passage from the tunnel is closed.)
Preston: Where did she go?
Oliver: Do you see anything?
Chloe: Oh my god-
(They all rush to her side and stop when they see: a large pool of blood and a trail of blood that leads further into the basement around the corner of a crate against the wall. They all silently stare at one another before Jonathon starts following the path; the blood continues up to the wall and ends there.)
Chloe: Oh god-oh god-
Oliver: the blood leads into the wall-
Preston: Chloe didn’t do this-
Oliver: No s***-
(Jonathon turns to them, a grave look in his eyes.)
Jonathon: We must get off this island right away.
(Camera changes to the group in the kitchen now. Chloe is silently staring out the window. Jonathon is silently staring at the wall. Oliver and Preston are arguing over ways to get off the island. Susan is sipping her drink.)
Oliver: What if we got wood together and made a boat?
Preston: With what?
Oliver: Surely there must be trees or something here-
Jonathon: There is nothing here that could be used for a boat…only Mathew Brent knew how to use a boat.
Preston: Besides-what about the weather? It is going to get worse than better real quick-
Oliver: Do you have any ideas about leaving? Or do you intend to be the third victim?
Preston: We don’t even know of she’s dead-
Oliver: the blood begs to differ. You were so sure that Chloe was a killer but that little display in the basement changes things doesn’t it?
(Susan sighs as she slams her hand on the table.)
Susan: Did it ever occur to you that this is one man’s island?
Jonathon: Susan-
Susan: Does anyone else have any kind of experience in being an insufferable bastard?
(Silence.)
Susan: I guess we all know who the real culprit is then.
Jonathon: I did not kill Mathew Brent or Melissa Marston.
Susan: But this is you’re island…so we know that only one man has the time to fix this place up with all kinds of traps.
(Chloe abruptly turns around to look at the group.)
Chloe: Did anyone pay a little attention to that little story last night?
(No one answer and she continues.)
Chloe: Think about it. Jonathon explained this so well. There were four descendants on this island. One of them is dead. There are three more left.
Jonathon: If this ghost did exist then why would it kill Mathew Brent? You claim you were attacked the other night as well.
Chloe: What am I doing? Why tell you when you won’t believe me anyways?
Oliver: Maybe…
(Everyone looks at him as he speaks softly.)
Oliver: Maybe we don’t have a choice but to believe. None of us were in the basement where Melissa supposedly was. Just because Chloe was near Brent’s room does not mean that she killed him nor does she have a reason to do so.
Susan: Are you trying to convince us of this boogeyman bullshit then?
Oliver: I would love to say that one of us is a murderer, would follow most life then right? But that blood that led right into a wall…how could any of us do that?
(Everyone falls silent.)
Oliver: no amount of movie magic or million dollars could do that. Melissa may have seemed off but she never would have done that…not that she could do that on her own either.
Susan: So where does that leave us?
Preston: Chalk another one up for the island.
(Camera changes to a clock that shows that it is about 9:35. Chloe and Oliver are sitting on the couch silent. They both are silently thinking until Preston suddenly runs into the room with Jonathon right behind him.)
Oliver: What is it?
(Preston shows them a broken video camera. Melissa Marston’s broken and blood spattered camera.)
Preston: We found it in the basement when we went to look for her again.
Chloe: Did you find Melissa?
Jonathon: No...But wait till you see what is on this camera.
(Preston hands them the camera and walks around the couch so he is behind them. Jonathon only looks out the window as the camera focuses in on the broken camcorder. The screen is cracked in several places and the strap is torn. Several spots of blood are stained on it as well. Preston reaches over and presses REVIEW. We see: nothing but static at first and then we see the last recording Melissa had before she was killed.)
Chloe: Is there anything on it?
Preston: Sh-
(We see nothing but darkness through the shattered lens. Recording: We see nothing but a blank painting until suddenly the camera hits the floor and the lens shatters, and suddenly we hear horrible agonizing screams from Melissa but nothing is visible of the TV show hostess. We see blood splatter the camera lens. Then the camera goes dark and all we hear is Melissa’s last scream before the camera dies.)
Preston: Damn it-there was more-
Oliver: Looks like the camera is dead as well-
Chloe: She never got a good shot of her killer then-
Jonathon: Sorry to say this Chloe but then this clears nobody’s name.
Oliver: How does it not? None of us were in the basement-
Jonathon: I refuse to believe in ghosts-
Oliver: Wasn’t that the whole plan of this damned party?
Chloe: Stop it…I don’t care as long as I am no longer the only suspect.
Jonathon: No…you are not the only suspect…we all are now…two murders and nothing to go on.
Chloe: I’m just sorry it took Melissa’s death to get that through your damn heads.
(She stands and starts out of the room towards the stairs. She turns at the top of them and looks at the men at the bottom of them.)
Chloe: Goodnight gentleman.
(With that she exits.)
Oliver: Are you happy now Jonathon?
Jonathon: No…I am not happy…do you really think that I planned this?
Oliver: Either you or the Island. I’m against both of you now.
Jonathon: Is there anyone here who does not think I planned this whole massacre?
(Silence.)
Oliver: I guess not.
(Jonathon drops his head and shuffles out of the room towards the library door.)
Preston: So…do you think there is a ghost here to kill us all?
Oliver: Why not believe in both? One of us could have killed Brent and a ghost could have killed Marston.
Preston: That is very unlikely.
Oliver: So is being attacked by a ghost.
Preston: What you are suggesting is that we trust no one but ourselves?
Oliver: I would not have said that if it weren’t for the fact that Melissa is dead. And she was alone and she’s dead. With all of us in the same room as well.
Preston: Let me get this straight. We stick together and one of us is a possible murder. We split up and we have the possibility to be killed by a ghost.
Oliver: that’s right-
Preston: So unless we lock ourselves in our rooms and never leave them until Monday-
Oliver: Which by the way being alone never saved Melissa-
Preston: We aren’t going to live to the boat getting us off?
Oliver: In summary, we stick together and we die. We go alone and we die. There aren’t very many options that have us all leaving here alive is there?
Preston: Stay in a group and we die…go off on our own and we die…
Oliver: There’s only one option then.
Preston: Dare I ask what that is?
Oliver: We find a way off the island by tomorrow night. Hopefully by then there might be at least two of us alive. Obviously having more people alive is good but we need a minimum of two otherwise one man or woman will be leaving the island and be convicted of killing six people.
Preston: Then there are not very many options for us are there?
Oliver: That’s what I have been saying all along.
(Camera changes to Susan in her own room, in front of a vanity. She sighs as she looks around and sees that she is happily alone. She walks to the door and makes sure that it is locked before turning and seeing her beautiful reflection in the mirror.)
Susan: I know that Jonathon is up something. I just have to play the game as well.
(She begins talking to herself.)
Susan: Poor Marston. Never really had a chance did she?
(She sighs.)
Susan: But why did Jonathon kill Brent? Jonathon has never killed before and I’m sure that he would not kill without a reason.
(Camera gives a close up of her face and behind her we see the scarred sailor looking at her.)
Susan: Too bad-
(The sailor disappears.)
Susan: Jonathon doesn’t realize something. That when he entered this little game of murder. I was playing the game too.
(She opens her door and leaves her room and runs down the hallway to Oliver’s. She knocks frantically on the door and he opens it, she gives him a fake hurt look.)
Susan: Oliver hide me-
Oliver: What-
Susan: Jonathon has gone mad-I just know it-I think he plans on killing me next-
(He steps aside and allows her to enter the room and he shuts the door behind her.)
Oliver: Are you sure that Jonathon is the one doing this?
Susan: Look at the facts Oliver-Jonathon made this whole party idea up. He owns the island and now there are two corpses on the island somewhere. Not to mention that he invited total strangers up here. Everything points to Jonathon being the culprit. Surely you don’t believe in ghosts do you?
Oliver: Maybe we have a good reason to-
Susan: There is no boat.
Oliver: What-
Susan: He never called the boat. There isn’t even a phone on this island.
Oliver: Surely Brent will be expected soon right?
Susan: Not if he was never supposed to be the boat man in the first place.
Oliver: Brent was never a boat driver?
Susan: He never even had his driver’s license. Mathew Brent was an actor hired by my husband to make this whole scheme of his more believable. Brent was an actor that was looking for a job and Jonathon hired him and had the guy use his boat. Even paid for hundred dollar lessons to fit the part as well.
(She hands him a receipt for boaters driving lessons.)
Oliver: then all of this really is fake-what about the boat crash then?
Susan: He may not have had control of that-
Oliver: I don’t know if I believe you or not-
Susan: You clearly don’t believe Jonathon so who else do you believe? Mathew Brent was not supposed to be on the island. Neither was Chloe and I was supposed to be hitching a ride with Brent back to the mainland once you guys got here. Brent knew that this whole island thing was faked and Jonathon killed him. Chloe was attacked in the lighthouse. I bet she was supposed to die as well.
Oliver: What about Melissa Marston? Do you think she found something then? Something she was not supposed to have seen?
Susan: I think that Melissa got in too deep. This island was supposed to be the host of a party for four people. Jonathon, Preston, Melissa and you. Chloe Mathew and I have nothing to do with this. So what better thing to do than get rid of the unwelcomed ones first? Scare the party a little more.
Oliver: Test the waters and see if he is able to do this right-without getting caught-
(A beat.)
Oliver: then how did Jonathon kill Melissa?
Susan: We have to find that out for ourselves before Monday.
Oliver: why Monday?
Susan: Because…Mathew told us to expect a boat on Monday…so Jonathon will likely kill us before Monday.
Oliver: But he will then be found with six bodies? Unless…he is one of the victims…
(The sound of thunder outside. Camera changes to the sky. It is dark and thunder and lightning shows. Camera changes to Chloe’s room where she is in bed. She is staring out the window as rain pours down outside. Then it changes to Oliver where he is up as well. Then it changes to Preston’s room where he is reading as well. Finally to Jonathon’s room where he is asleep as well. Camera then shows that it has lightened up a little bit and we see that Chloe is not in bed. Camera changes to Chloe in the kitchen as Oliver comes up behind her.)
Oliver: Did you sleep well last night?
Chloe: No…not at all…someone tried opening my door again last night…
Oliver: Someone tried opening my door as well.
(She sips her coffee as she looks at him.)
Chloe: Oliver…do you think we’ll be alive to get on the boat on Monday?
Oliver: If we are all careful then yes.
Chloe: How do we be careful? Go alone and we die…stick together and we risk the chance of being a murder victim…
Oliver: you sound like Preston.
Chloe: I have a feeling that he is getting to me.
Oliver: I think we all are.
(She starts walking towards the back door.)
Oliver: where are you going?
Chloe: To that summit on the island.
Preston (O.S.) be careful-don’t want to end up like-
Chloe: Don’t even say it-
(Preston enters.)
Preston: Jonathon tried to warn me-
Oliver: So did Susan-
Chloe: Why does it seem like this whole thing is to turn us on each other?
(With that she opens the door and steps outside, Oliver and Preston follows her.)
Oliver: Dare I ask what you mean?
Chloe: Simple…they both want us to turn on each other. Susan tells you one thing and Jonathon tells you another. They don’t seem to like each other…so what better than have the guests tear each other apart?
(A beat.)
Chloe: Ghosts, murder and being trapped on an island. This is not what I planned a romantic weekend would be like.
Preston: Should we look in the lighthouse?
Oliver: what for?
Preston: Maybe there’s a clue for us-
Oliver: what good will it do us? Besides, the last place Melissa was seen was in that lighthouse.
Preston: But her blood was found in the mansion.
Oliver: Then obviously there must be something to look for.
(Preston sighs as he looks up at the sky. Hardly any clouds are in the sky.)
Oliver: Where does this leave us?
Preston: Hopefully not dead.
Chloe: I think we need to stick together and shut up.
(She stands and looks away at the lighthouse. Sighing, she starts out towards the summit.)
Preston: And where are you going?
Chloe: I am not going to sit here and listen to this.
(She exits.)
(Camera changes to Susan as she walks down the stairs into the basement. She silently looks around and lays eyes on the painting that Melissa saw. This time there is a picture of the scarred sailor again.)
Susan: Funny…I was told there was a blank one instead.
(She slowly follows the trail of blood and this time she sees no wall but the entrance to the secret passage. The blood continues down the tunnel.)
Susan: What have you done Jonathon?
(She starts walking down the path and gasps when she lays eyes on the trail of blood.)
Susan: what did Melissa find before she was taken out?
(Camera changes to Chloe standing on top of the summit as she looks down at the roaring waters.)
Chloe: Just think…I was standing here with Melissa…and Mathew…oh…
(We see her shadow break down and start sobbing before the camera changes back to Susan in the tunnels under the house.)
Susan: Did Jonathon know about this?
(She continues to walk down the narrow tunnel and stops when she comes to a set of stairs that leads up to the bottom of the lighthouse.)
Susan: What has Jonathon been hiding?
(She jumps when a hand falls on her shoulder and she is confronted by the scarred sailor.)
Susan: You’re the one who killed Brent and Marston aren’t you?
Scarred Sailor: I am…who knows…you may be next…
Susan: Oh my god-Jonathon never did any of this-
Scarred Sailor: No-he never did-
Susan: You want to kill the others? Go ahead, do it, kill Jonathon, kill that b**** Fields. Kill any of them. I could care less if you kill them.
Scarred Sailor: Chloe Fields is saved for last.
Susan: Why?
Scarred Sailor: She got away once…she is not going to get away again.
(She stalks backing up as he starts walking towards her.)
Scarred Sailor: Are you going to run?
Susan: You have no reason for wanting to kill me-
Scarred Sailor: You are on my island aren’t you?
(He suddenly lunges at her. Camera changes to Jonathon and Preston both inside the lighthouse, walking down the steps when suddenly the floor opens up, revealing a set of stairs and they watch as Susan runs up them.)
Jonathon: One of your many boyfriends angry with you?
Susan: This place really is haunted-
Jonathon: I thought this was boogeyman bullshit? Scared because of a little passage?
Susan: You’ve known about it?
Jonathon: Of course not.
(They fail to notice the Scarred Sailor looking up at them, smiling as she watches them argue.)
Susan: Something tried to kill me down there-
Jonathon: Tried? Why can’t anyone just murder you and get it over with?
Susan: It’ll take more than cheap thrills to kill me-but I am serious-there really is something down there and it nearly killed me…I think it killed Melissa…maybe even Mathew…
Jonathon: Preston do you hear this nonsense?
(They look at Preston to see he is not listening, merely glancing back down at the stairs. The Scarred Sailor is gone.)
Jonathon: Preston-
Preston: Yes?
Jonathon: Are you alright?
Preston: Fine…
Susan: Look for yourself…there is something down there…
Jonathon: IF it tried to kill you it can’t be all bad…
(He starts down the stairs. Susan stays where she is while Preston nervously follows.)
Preston: Are you sure this is a good idea?
Jonathon: Why not? If it tried to kill Susan then it can’t be all bad.
(They enter the tunnels and they stop to see there is a straight tunnel right towards the house.)
Jonathon: A tunnel that leads straight to the house.
Preston: Could this have been where Melissa was taken?
Jonathon: So Chloe could have done the murder then.
(Jonathon and Preston both start up the stairs and confront Susan.)
Jonathon: How long have you known about that passage? Where did it come from?
Susan: What about-
Preston: Oh my god-look-
(They all look to see the Scarred Sailor walking towards them, more malevolent.)
Jonathon: Oh my god-
Scarred Sailor: you can’t escape-
(Susan turns to run when suddenly she is yanked backwards by an invisible force. She hits the opposite wall and slumps to the ground and looks up to see the sailor standing there. Now his eyes are red and he looks more shadow like.)
Jonathon: You’re the one that killed Melissa-
Scarred Sailor: And Mathew Brent. You are all so pathetic. Thinking that it was Chloe Fields who killed Mathew.
(He looks at them all devilishly.)
Scarred Sailor: You all were easy to manipulate. Making each of you turn on the other.
Jonathon: The darkness-
Scarred Sailor: How right-I was released. By Oliver West, by accident.
Preston: He never knew that he-
Scarred Sailor: Released the darkness of the island? A darkness that has been trapped in this lighthouse. And thank you Jonathon, for bringing the four that got away right back to this island. And one of them is here, with me now.
(Suddenly we see a dark figure slowly appear and we see that it is Melissa Marston.)
Melissa: Wait-don’t go-you have to help me with my show-
Susan: Fat chance with that sister-
(She runs towards the door until suddenly she is yanked backwards again and this time the Sailor grabs her and jumps down the large opening in the floor. A beat.)
Jonathon: Susan?
(We see Susan as she cries out in agony as she tries climbing up the stairs, her skin turning paper white, her dress tearing and her hair turning pure white and grow past her shoulder. We watch as she is corroded until she becomes nothing but a skeleton. Then the Darkness appears, a shape shifting cold and dark collection of every person that has ever been killed on the island.)
Darkness: their all here- everyone who has died-every single victim that has ever died on this damned island. Now-
(We watch as the darkness takes the look of Susan.)
Darkness: It’s your turn.
(It flies at them. Camera changes to Chloe and Oliver standing in the kitchen of the house and they watch in confusion as Jonathon and Preston both come running towards the house, yelling and waving their arms.)
Oliver: what are they doing?
Chloe: Where’s Susan?
(Jonathon and Preston both run inside, gasping for breath.)
Chloe: where’s the fire?
Jonathon: Susan-she’s dead-the sailor-they were right-Mathew was right-
Oliver: huh?
Jonathon: IT got them all. Melissa Mathew and Susan-it has them now-we’re next unless we get out of here-
(Chloe looks at him until she hears something coming from the pantry. She starts walking towards it as the men speak.)
Oliver: What are you talking about?
(Chloe throws open the door and screams when she lays eyes on the dead sailor. He suddenly lunges at her and hurls her across the room.)
Chloe: Oh my god-
Darkness: Miss me Chloe?
(Oliver helps her to her feet.)
Chloe: Hardly-
Darkness: five second head start-I like playing with my victims-
(Oliver and Chloe start running, ignoring the laugh while Jonathon and Preston both are cut off when the floor explodes in front of them, separating them form Chloe and Oliver.)
Preston: What do we do?
Jonathon: This way-
(They start running back through the other hallway as the Darkness follows them with dead hands reaching out for them, moans and screams and the face of Susan as it charges after the two men. Chloe and Oliver are both pursued by the Scarred Sailor. They run out into the hallway.)
Chloe: Which way?
Oliver: The stairs-
(They run up the stairs but are stopped when the Sailor rounds the corner at the bottom of them. Suddenly Oliver is hurled through the air and smashes through the door of the coat closet. Chloe stares at the sailor as he smiles at her.)
Scarred Sailor: Light won’t save you this time Chloe-
(She runs and he chases after her before the camera changes back to Jonathon and Preston as they run from the Darkness. They both turn and look to see the Darkness turn into Mathew Brent.)
Mathew: Wait-don’t go-there’s no hope for a boat anyways-
(They both run out a door and slam it behind them and stop to catch their breath to see the Darkness suddenly explode from the door and send them both flying backwards. They look as the ghost of Mathew slowly walks towards them.)
Mathew: Who do I kill first? The rich millionaire or the writer? Why not both?
(Suddenly the ground starts to shake under the men and several pairs of hands grab at them. Slowly the reanimated corpses of the Darkness’s victims reanimate and start grabbing at the two men. The two of them try running again.)
Preston: where are we going now?
Jonathon: there’s an old vacant fishing village on the other side of the island-if we can keep running-
Preston: What about Oliver or Chloe?
Jonathon: Don’t grow a conscious now Preston-
(They continue to run until Jonathon trips. He falls forward in a half filled grave and he gasps to see Melissa’s half buried corpse, dried blood from the corner of her mouth and her eyes stare at him.)
Jonathon: Miss Marston-
(Camera changes to Chloe running for her life as she avoids the exploding doors from the house as the Sailor chases after her.)
Scarred Sailor: Stop running-there’s no escape for you-
Chloe: I can try can’t I?
Scarred Sailor: Try all you want.
(She stops to try and open a door, only to have it open and scream as Mathew Brent’s corpse tries to grab her. She slams the door and continues to run as the Sailor walks out of Brent’s bedroom.)
Scarred Sailor: you can’t run from me and you know it-
(Chloe runs down the hallway and throws open the nearest door and runs inside, locking it. She quickly looks around for any ways out and she notices the glass doors that show there is a terrace. She runs out on the terrace and looks down to see the dark and murky pool.)
Chloe: Oh s***-
(She turns and is grabbed by the sailor. He shakes her and presses her against the railing. He looks coldly in her eyes.)
Chloe: Why are you-doing this to us-?
Scarred Sailor: You’re on my island…I want you off now…
Chloe: I want off too.
Scarred Sailor: But mine is a more permanent solution.
(A beat. He looks suddenly very fondly at her.)
Scarred Sailor: What do you want most Miss Fields?
Chloe: I want to get out of here-
Scarred Sailor: Out? I can help you out-goodnight Miss Fields-
(Suddenly he hurls her off the terrace and she looks down to see the murky watered pool she is about to land in. She screams as she plunges into the water. She immediately resurfaces to see the Scarred Sailor gone. Sighing she turns and screams as several reanimated corpses swim to the surface of the pool and start grabbing at her as they try to drown her.)
Chloe: Oliver-Jonathon-Help-
(She screams as she tries to get out though the corpses do not let her go as they drag her under water. She fights against them as she surfaces again, gasping for air as she presses herself against the side of the pool and we see a pair of hands grab her shoulders. She screams as she whirls around only to see Oliver there instead.)
Oliver: Are you coming or are you enjoying your late night swim?
(He grabs her arms and pulls her out of the water as the corpses crawl; overtop one another as they try to get out of the pool.)
Oliver: come on-
(They both start running away from the house, down the hill to the docks. We see the Scarred Sailor watches them as they disappear in the night, he then looks at the corpses and smirks.)
Scarred Sailor: Destroy the house.
(We watch as the corpses all start towards the house and we see several smash open doors or throw furniture through windows, etc.)
(Blackout.)
(Camera comes up to show that there is now sunlight and that it must be early in the morning. Oliver and Chloe are both by the wreckage of the ship, curled up together as the sun shoots down on them. Chloe slowly stirs awake.)
Chloe: Ollie…wake up…come on wake up-
Oliver: What is it?
Chloe: Look.
(He looks at her and follows her eyes to the house and they gasp. The house has been destroyed. The windows have been shattered and the doors have been broken. Several walls have been dismantled. The contents of the house, tables, chairs and clothing all lay out on the yard.)
Oliver: Oh my god…the house…
Chloe: He destroyed the house…why?
Jonathon (O.S.) because he built it.
(They both jumps to see Jonathon and Preston both standing there. They both are bruised and bleeding. Preston nods as he looks up at the house.)
Jonathon: Are you two okay?
Oliver: Just damn fine.
(Jonathon says nothing more as he sits down and leans his back against the boat.)
Preston: That man built the house?
Jonathon: His name was Jeffery Wilkins. He was the brutal murderer that Miss Fields here told us about. She was right. She was right all along. We are all doomed here if we don’t get off this island real quick.
Oliver: Susan told me that there was no boat after all-
Jonathon: Of course there is-we wouldn’t be in this position if it wasn’t for you.
Oliver: what do you mean by that?
(Jonathon gets to his feet.)
Jonathon: This is your entire fault.
Oliver: The hell is this my fault?
Jonathon: If you hadn’t gone into that lighthouse-
(Oliver gets to his feet.)
Oliver: what huh? It’s not my fault-how was I supposed to know that if I went there I would be attacked?
Jonathon: Ever heard of asking?
Oliver: you didn’t know either you bastard-
(Jonathon lunges and they soon are in an all-out fight.)
Chloe: This is hardly the time-
Preston: We can’t sit here and fight-
Oliver: Watch-me-
(Oliver pushes Jonathon off and jumps back. Jonathon runs at him and Oliver responds with a quick punch. Jonathon collapses to the ground and lays there.)
Oliver: This is not my fault. It’s not your fault either.
(He covers his bloody nose and tilts his head back.)
Preston: Those guys are both idiots.
Chloe: no kidding.
(She looks at him.)
Chloe: What happened to you last night?
Preston: We were attacked by that Darkness thing…it reanimated corpses to attack us.
Chloe: Doors exploded behind me as I was thrown off a terrace and into the pool where a bunch of dead corpses also attacked me. Oliver was out in a closet during the whole thing.
Preston: Oh.
(They stand there until Chloe screams.)
Preston: What-
(He freezes when they lay eyes on the Sailor, standing there, with a dark look in his eyes.)
Scarred Sailor: four of you left…last few hours and this is how you spend it? Fighting amongst each other? Pathetic.
Oliver (Sarcastically): Coming from the king of humanity over there?
(The Sailor looks over at them.)
Scarred Sailor: I’ll take pleasure in killing you next.
(He looks at Chloe.)
Scarred Sailor: Look around you…this will be your grave. Just like hundreds before you.
Chloe: Hundreds?
Scarred Sailors: Well yes…hundreds…cruise ships, people buying this island…all kinds of events have left this island uninhabitable for human life. Hundreds have died here on this island…and they only make me stronger.
Chloe: What are you?
Scarred Sailor: A retriever…I’m a murderer…simple as that…
Preston: What is the Darkness?
Scarred Sailor: A thing…a collection of the souls…it’s made out of everyone who has died…I believe Melissa, Mathew and Susan are with it right now…and soon you will be as well…
Chloe: why do you do this?
Scarred Sailor: I have no reason…perhaps it’s a calling…perhaps I’m just born evil…no…I think I’m just clinically insane. To quote a victim of mine: ‘The Doctor will see you now’
(He laughs wildly and turns away and starts towards the house.)
Scarred Sailor: I will kill one of you soon…the other three I want to watch as they die…slowly as the boat comes tomorrow…
Oliver: There is a boat after all?
Scarred Sailor: And tomorrow…you will all die as you watch it sail by slowly…knowing that you have failed to survive this party…I like to play with my prey first…them assimilate them into my ranks…
(They watch as he disappears.)
Chloe: He’s going to kill one of us tonight…then tomorrow he’s…going to kill all of us…
Oliver: Not if we get off this island.
Preston: How are we going to do that?
(Oliver looks over at the broken remains of the ship. He starts towards it and picks up a sheet of scrap metal.)
Oliver: this is buoyant enough that maybe…just maybe…we can float right out of here.
Preston: Can…we really do that…without tools?
Chloe: What do we do when that guy comes back?
(Oliver looks around and sees a small emergency kit lying open with its contents scattered on the ground. He looks through it before he picks up a flare gun and tosses it over to her.)
Oliver: Use that…
Jonathon: Wait…
(They look at him, he holds out a pistol and they look at him shocked.)
Jonathon: This will do you better than a flare gun.
Chloe: You’ve had a gun this whole time?
Jonathon: Yes…you’re lucky I don’t use it on you.
Chloe: Use it on one of us…then have the scarred man come back and kill another. Well, if you’re lucky then you could end up trapped on an island with one other person. You shoot me and I’m sure Oliver would kill you. You shoot him and you will have Preston and I to deal with. You shoot him and you have Oliver and I. shooting any of us will have you on your own for the rest of this damned weekend. Alone and frightened as that man comes back for you on Monday. Threats are no good anymore, Mr. Tumbleweed.
(She yanks the gun from his hand and aims it at him.)
Oliver: Chloe-
Chloe: Shut up-doing this would mean one last person we have to deal with.
Preston: Don’t-
(She turns on him and aims it at him as well.)
Chloe: You want a chest full of lead instead Preston? You thought I was the killer in the first place.
Preston: I’m sorry-I never meant-
Chloe: Shut up.
Oliver: Chloe-put the gun down.
(She looks at him, staring at him, takes deep breaths as she looks at him, back at the gun and slowly lowers it.)
Oliver: There you go…shooting any of us will get you nowhere.