Mystery of the mysterious note | Teen Ink

Mystery of the mysterious note

By cuteaskiki, Lilongwe, Other
cuteaskiki, Lilongwe, Other

“A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.”

Author's note: I alway's enjoy reading mysteries, that's why I was inspired to write my own...

What an amazing painting,” Kerry Porter said to her two companions Sandra Logan and Tania Kennedy. “I say, and look it says here that the painter dedicated to his wife Lora Taylorisn’t that so romantic,” Sandra said looking at the description below the painting. “Do you always have to look at the romantic said of things,” Tania sighed; Kerry ignored her two best friends and directed her eyes to the man passing in front of them. He grabbed the painting the girls had been looking at. “That mans a thief!” Kerry exclaimed. “Let’s follow him,” Sandra suggested quickly. The three girls rushed out of the painting museum, and followed the mysteries man. “Stop!” Tania shouted out. The thief got into a car and got away, but a piece of paper slipped out of the painting. The girls rushed over to the paper, and then Kerry picked the paper up. “Let’s go back into the museum and read this,” Kerry said as she started to walk back. When the girls got back to the museum, the sat down and unfolded the paper. The paper was a note to Lora Taylorit read:
My dearest Lora,
If you’re reading this it means you’re probably looking at the painting I made for you. I never got a chance to say sorry for leaving you and little Annabelle. I never told you how much I appreciate you and Anna as a token of my appreciation I got a pendent made for you I hope it’s worth a lot, and I also got a gold crust for little Annabelle to inherit.
Love Davie
“This is the saddest thing I have ever read,” Sandra sniffed. “Oh poor Annabelle,” Tania said softly. “I guess Lora never found this note,” Kerry said. “We have to find her and tell her and tell her the great news.” “How are we going to do that they could be millions of Lora Taylors and Annabelle’s,” Tania said sadly. “But we have to try right?” Kerry asked. “Kerry’s right we have to do all we can to help,” Sandra replied with confidence. “So are we all in?” Kerry asked boldly. “Yes!” Sandra and Tania cheered. “Let’s head to my house and start checking phonebooks,” Kerry said while grabbing her car keys from her purse. Kerry got her car that year when she turned sixteen. After Kerry grabbed her keys they started off. “This so exciting another mystery,” Tania said

Cheerfully. “Hopefully this one will contain some romance,” Sandra said, with her eyes glowing. Tania rolled her eyes; she always hated anything to do with romance. Kerry was focused on a man walking along side the road he looked familiar to her, it was the thief from the painting museum, he had such dull expressions on his face. Kerry quickly parked her car out of sight so the thief couldn’t see it. “Kerry why have you stopped?” Tania inquired. “I spotted that thief from the painting museum and I’m going to follow him,” Kerry said with her detective senses tingly. “What by yourself?” Sandra asked alarmed. “Aha,” Kerry answered while unbuckling her seat belt. Sandra and Tania both knew there was no stopping Kerry Porter when she’s determined. Kerry exited her car and headed the way where she spotted the thief. “I think I can still catch him if I sprint,” Kerry said to herself. Kerry quickly run till she could see the thief again. She followed him closely behind. From time to time she would hide so he couldn’t spot her. Moments later he looked side ways suspiciously then entered a dark cave. “I’ll be back tomorrow to check the cave,” Kerry thought to herself, while sprinting back to where she packed the car. At that moment Sandra and Tania were worried sick “What if the thief captured her,” Sandra said worriedly. “That’s Kerry Porter your talking about she knows her to take care of herself,” Tania assured, but inside Tania was worried too. Some minutes later Kerry got back to the car. “Kerry your back, we were worried sick about you,” Sandra said hugging the young sleuth. “Of course I’m,” Kerry said, flattered that her friends cared so much about her. At that moment Kerry was driving again, she explained to her friends about the series of events that had happened, and the trip planned the following day. Moments later the girls arrived at Kerry’s house on Mystery lane. They girls got the house, and headed for the living room. “Now to start looking,” Sandra said, carrying a stack of phonebooks. The girls got down to their knees and started flipping through pages. “I found a Lora Babb, Lora Dally, oh look I found it Lora Taylor, and the numbers are right here,” Tania announced. “I’ll call it right away,” Kerry said looking at the numbers. Kerry grabbed her cellar phone, and dialed the numbers written in the phone book. “I can’t wait to see if it’s the actual Lora Taylor,” Sandra said with excitement in her eyes. “Shush it’s ringing...,” Kerry said aloud. “Hello,” answered a voice on the other line. “Hi this is Kerry Porter, is this Mrs. Lora Taylor wife to famous painter Davie?” “Yes it is, if this is another offer to buy my house I told you people already never,” Mrs. Taylor said harshly. “This house is the only thing I have left of my husband and I’m not selling.” “No, you have it all wrong, Mrs. Taylor, I called to tell about a note I and my friends found from your husband,” Kerry said. “If you want me to I could read the note it to you?” Kerry asked politely. “No not now meet a at cafe mew, right outside mystery lane tomorrow,” Mrs. Taylor said, in a much kinder voice. Kerry agreed to the suggestion, then she said goodbye to the elderly woman. “Great news Mrs. Taylor said she would meet us tomorrow,” Kerry announced. After the phone call the girls discussed the mystery. “But I still don’t understand why the thief wanted the painting did he know about the note?” Sandra questioned her two best friends. “How would he know that?” Tania asked. “He could if he was there when Davie was writing the note,” Kerry replied. “So he must be someone he really trusts,” Sandra thought aloud. “That maybe true will soon find out,” Kelly said. “And what is he doing living in cave?” Tania asked puzzled. “That’s what we have to find out,” Sandra replied swiftly. “Dinners ready,” Hannah announced. Hannah was the Porters trusted maid for three whole years. “Your parents called they said they would be late, and not to wait up for them,” Hannah said with a motherly grin. Kerry’s parents were constantly working, and Sandra and Tania’s parents were always travelling around the world, and at the current time they where outside the country, and both Sandra and Tania where staying over at Kerry’s house. “Hannah, you won’t believe what we stumbled upon today,” Kerry said excitedly. “Let me guess another mystery?” Hannah asked with a broad grin. The girls got seated for dinner, and then they explained everything to Hannah, and showed her the note. Everyone was quiet as Hannah read the note. “Davie sounds like a true gentleman,” Hannah said handing the note back to Kerry. After the meal the three girls and adult went to bed. “BANG!” “What was that?” Kerry said as she awoke from her bed. She quietly got out of bed so she couldn’t wake the others up. She tiptoed out of the room, and left for the living room, Kerry tiptoed down the stairs slowly and quietly, and then piped her head into the living room. She saw a manly figure tiptoe over to the kitchen door, and another figure follow closely behind. “Could it be burglars?” Kerry thought to herself. Kerry acted quickly and switched the living room light on. Kerry was amused at the sight of her parents. “Hey pumpkin, did we wake you up?” Mr. Porter asked amusedly. “No not at all,” Kerry said, walking over to her parents. “We were just about to grab a midnight snack want to join us?” Mrs. Porter asked with a grin. “Sure.” Kerry and her parents sat down at their kitchen table and ate ice-cream together, Kerry explained to her parents all about the mystery. “Interesting, but you should be more careful if that thief spotted you he might have done the unthinkable,” Mrs. Porter said after hearing what her daughter had to say. “But you better go to bed if you going to make that trip, it’s getting real late.” Kerry said goodnight to her parents, and went to bed. The next morning the three girls got up early and bathed. “What a lovely breakfast, Hannah,” Kerry said, wiping her mouth with a towel.

So what time are you leaving?” Hannah asked the young sleuths. “Cafe mew is right outside Mystery lane, and we also have to visit that cave so I think we should probably leave right away,” Kerry said quickly. “Just be careful, you know how you can always get yourselves into trouble,” Hannah said fearfully. “Don’t worry about us Hannah will be just fine,” Kerry said, while grabbing her car keys. Just as the girls were about to leave Kerry, remembered that she had not taken the note. “I’ll be right back, I forgot the note,” Kerry said rushing up the stairs, to her bedroom. Kerry grabbed the jeans she wore the previous day and emptied them for the note. “I have to be more careful were I put this,” Kerry said, to herself as she grabbed the note from her bedroom floor. Kerry quickly rushed down stairs and joined her friends and maid. “Bye Hannah!” the girls exclaimed as the left the driveway of the Porters home. “I can’t wait, to see Mrs. Taylor’s expression when we hand her the note,” Sandra said with her eyes glowing. “It will be so...romantic.” “Not again with the romance,” Tania said while rowing her eyes. Kerry smiled as her listened her friend’s conservation, and then she directed her eyes to the car in front of them, it looked familiar to her. Kerry continued to look at the car, and then it came to her it was the thief from the museums car. Kerry informed her friends about what she had realized about the car in front of them. “Let’s follow it,” Tania said excitedly. A few miles later the car began to slow down, till the point that Kerry’s car caught up. When Kerry began to slow down too, the car got faster and got away. “Darn it,” Sandra said sadly. Then girls continued their journey, to cafe mew. Moments later the girls finally arrived at cafe mew. The girls got out the car, and walked into the cafe mew. They looked around the cafe many different people sat, and had tea, and then Sandra suddenly realized an old lady who fit the description of Lora Taylor. She was seated by a corner “could that be Lora Taylor?” Sandra asked, pointing to a corner. “There’s only one way to find out,” Tania said, walking towards the friendly looking old lady. “Hello, by chance may you be Lora Taylor?” Kerry asked. “Why yes,” Mrs. Taylor answered kindly. “I’m Kerry Porter the one you spoke to on the phone, and these are my two best friends Sandra Logan and Tania Kennedy.” “Oh please can we do this another time there’s a man listening to our conversation, he followed me here,” Lora Taylor said alarmed. “Where’s the man?” Sandra asked looking all around the room. “His behind Kerry,” Lora Taylor said fearfully. The girls were surprised to see the thief. When the thief realized that the girls had seen him he quickly exited his way out. “Excuse Mrs. Taylor will be right back,” the girls said as they went after the thief. Minutes later the girls came back with no success. “He got away,” Kerry said sadly. “Oh its okay may I see the note now,” Mrs. Taylor asked, Kerry handed her the note. The girls kept quiet as Mrs. Taylor read the note. A tear went down Mrs. Taylor’s cheek “Oh Davie,” Mrs. Taylor said after reading the note. “Are you okay Mrs. Taylor?” Kerry asked concerned. “I’m fine just clueless, where Davie might have hidden those things.” “You would always look and we could help you,” Kerry offered. “Oh thank you are such darlings, come over to my house tomorrow it’s on Waverly lane house number 244 you can’t miss it,” Mrs. Taylor said. The girls agreed to the elderly woman’s suggestion. They said their goodbyes, and then left for cave. “I can’t believe that thief got away,” Tania exclaimed sadly. “Do you think the thief is linked to Davie in some way?” “Well I do I think that thief, was linked to Davie in some way,” Kerry said concerting on the road. “What kind of link like a family member,” Sandra asked. “Well maybe, but all I know is that the thief knows a lot about that letter,” Kerry replied firmly. “Lets hope Mrs. Taylor is keeping that note safe,” Tania said fearfully. Moments later the girls arrived at the site where the cave was. The packed the car out of sight, then the girls got of the car and began their search. Kerry grabbed three flashlights from her bag pack, and handed each of the girls a flashlight. “This cave is so spooky,” Sandra said, looking at the comb webs all around the place. “Well a cave isn’t exactly supposed to be holiday resort,” Tania said briefly. Moments later the girls were deep into the cave. “Look a picture,” Sandra pointed out. Kerry rushed and picked up the picture, the girls rushed to her side. “What this makes no sense,” Tania said confusingly. “I think it does,” Kerry said putting the picture into her bag pack. “What, how does a picture of a man and a... who so ever was in the picture with him make sense,” Sandra asked as she started her way back to the car. The picture contained a friendly, handsome looking man and the other persons face was cut out. “I’ll explain in the car,” Kerry replied walking right behind her. Minutes later the girls reached the car and Kerry was driving again. “So then Kerry explain,” Tania reminded. “Well I think that picture was a picture of Davie,” Kerry explained. “What why would you say that?” Sandra asked surprisingly. “Well I remember seeing a picture of this man in the painting museum,” Kerry replied. “Well don’t you think the owner of that picture will want it back?” Tania questioned. “No I don’t think so because whoever so living in that cave has abandoned it now,” Kerry replied. Moments later the girls arrived at the Porters home, and they all exited the car. “Finally my feet are so sore after all that running,” Sandra said faintly. “Whose aren’t,” Tania said following closely behind. After the girls had their dinner the said goodnight to Hannah and Kerry’s parents, then went straight to bed. “Good morning sleepy heads,” Hannah said open the curtains in Kerry’s room. “I’m still tired,” Tania said yawning. “Well you better snap out of it we have a long day ahead of us,” Kerry said grabbing her bathing towel. The girls bathed, and then had their breakfast with Kerry’s parents. After breakfast the girls informed Mr. And Mrs. Porter about the trip earlier on that day, and all the events that happened the previous day.

"So will you be spending a night over at Mrs. Taylor’s house?” Mr. Porter asked amused. “Why do you think we should?” Kerry questioned her parents. “I think it would be safer to spend a night there than travelling during the night,” Mrs. Porter told her daughter. “I’ll call Mrs. Taylor right away,” Kerry said enthusiastically, as she exited the room. Moments later Kerry walked into room with a huge grin on her face. “What did she say?” Sandra asked anxiously. “She says she will be waiting for our arrival, and we’ll find tea and cookies,” Kerry answered. The girls headed up to Kerry’s room and packed clothes enough for one night. Kerry packed the picture the found in the cave. Later on the girls said goodbye and began their journey to Waverly lane. “When we get their where do we begin looking?” Sandra asked. “Places where things could be hidden,” Tania answered. Miles later the girls finally reached Waverly. The girls started looking at house numbers, and they couldn’t spot house number 244. “Oh lets ask that friendly looking old lady,” Tania pointed out a lady watering her front lawn. Kerry drove her to the back of the house to park her car, and they would go to the house on foot. Just as they were about to reach the house the saw the old lady speaking to a mysteries man. “No I have never heard of a Kerry Porter, Sandra Logan or a Tania Kennedy,” the woman said to the man. Then the man walked away speedily. The girls couldn’t see his face because he was bowing his head. “What are we going to do we can’t tell her our real names,” Sandra said frightfully. “Will just make up fake names I’ll be Loran, Sandra you can be Barbra, Tania you will be Debbi,” Kerry advised. The girls walked over to the old lady. She smiled as they approached her, “Hello girls, am Miss Almery and who may you be?” The woman inquired kindly. The girls introduced themselves using their fake names. “Miss Almery may you know where Mrs. Lora Taylor lives?” Kerry said, using a totally different voice from her own. “Oh Mrs. Lora Taylor, her house is down the block take the turn to the right you can’t miss it’s a big white house,” Miss Almery replied. “Oh thank you very much for your help,” Sandra said thankfully. “May I inquire something from you girls as well?” Miss Almery asked thoughtfully. “I have three sons around your age and I want them to meet some pretty girls just like yourselves,” Miss Almery told the girls. “Mother I’ll take over the watering now,” a young handsome boy said opening the front door of Miss Almery’s house. “Oh Ronald call your brothers you must meet these lovely girls,” Miss Almery said cheerfully. “Ronald how are you,” Kerry greeted. “Oh how are you miss detective Kerry Porter it’s been long,” Ronald answered walking over to the old class mate, and friend. “Kerry, her names Loran?” Miss Almery said confused. At this time the girls realized that their cover was blown and they explained the misunderstanding to Miss Almery and told her to keep their identity a secret. Miss Almery laughed after listening to what the girls had explained they were surprised at Miss Almery’s reaction. After that the girls said their goodbyes and Kerry said goodbye to her old classmate and the exchanged numbers. Moments later Kerry took the directions Miss Almery gave her, they were down the block. “House number 243, look there it is 244,” Sandra announced. The girls were amazed at the sight of the house it was both big and beautiful. After the car got into the gate, the girls were escorted into the living room by Mrs. Taylor’s maid, and their bags were taken up stairs. Moments later Mrs. Taylor came into the room. “Welcome to my home,” Mrs. Taylor remarked upon seeing the girls. “You have a very lovely home,” Kerry said looking at the attics that surrounded the room. “Thank you,” Mrs. Taylor said blushing. “Rosa bring in some tea for the girls,” Mrs. Taylor said to her maid. Seconds later the maid walked in with some tea and cookies for the girls. After the girls had their tea they took a short nap in the room Mrs. Taylor had assigned for them. After their nap the headed back down stairs. “Mrs. Taylor would you like to begin looking now?” Tania asked. “Ok so where do we began,” Mrs. Taylor asked, the young sleuths. “Well could you bring us the note,” Kerry asked. Mrs. Taylor left the room, moments later she returned with the note, and handed it to Kerry. “Where’s Annabelle?” Sandra asked, looking at pictures of a little girl all around the room. “She’s in boarding school she will be returning tomorrow afternoon,” Mrs. Lora replied. “So where do you think your husband might have hidden the items?” Kerry asked. “Maybe his study,” Mrs. Taylor guessed. The girls and elderly lady walked into the study and began looking for the items. An hour later the started looking in the family room. “It must be here,” Kerry said to herself upon seeing many panels in the wall. An hour later of no success, Mrs. Taylor suggested they ate dinner and continue the search early the next morning, and the girls agreed. “Mrs. Taylor, there’s someone at the door for you,” Rosa announced. “I’ll right back girls,” Mrs. Taylor said. “I can’t believe we found nothing, I was positive it was in that room,” Kerry said sadly. Moments later Mrs. Taylor walked into the room with a mysteries visitor. “Girls, this is Mr. Davison, Davies’s older brother, his going to spend a night here,” Mrs. Taylor said. “Mr. Davison that is Kerry Porter, Sandra Logan and Tania Kennedy,” Mrs. Taylor said. “Nice to meet you girls,” Mr. Davison said with a nasty scorn. “Nice to meet you too Mr. Davison.” Mr. Davison was a scorning looking man with no sign of affection in him. He was short and had light brown hair and dark green eyes and a scar on his forehead. “So what brings you in town?” Mrs. Taylor asked. “Oh I was here to ump....visit a friend,” Mr. Davison murmured. “Anyone I know?” Mrs. Taylor questioned. “Do you know Mr. Nixon,” Mr. Davison asked. “That’s surprising I don’t,” Mrs. Taylor said. “Oh maybe it’s because he just moved in,” Mr. Davison said quickly. After the finished eating dinner the girls headed straight for bed. Moments later Mr. Davison and Mrs. Taylor headed for bed as well.

“Bang swoosh” “What was that?” Tania asked frightened. Tania woke up Kerry and Sandra. “What’s wrong Tania?” Kerry asked tiredly. “I heard noises,” Tania replied. “Where did the noises from?” Sandra asked alarmed. “It sounded like it came from the family room,” Tania replied. “What are going to do Kerry?” Sandra asked. “We are going to check it out,” Kerry said as she grabbed a shirt and jeans. After the girls got dressed the tiptoe upstairs to the family room so whoever was in there couldn’t hear them. “Rats, I can’t find them,” a voice came from the family room. “That sounds like Mr. Davison voice,” Sandra whispered. “Yes I checked everywhere,” the voice said. “Sounds like his talking to someone,” Tania said softly. The girls pepped their heads into the family room; they were shocked to see Mr. Davison had trashed the whole room. “What are we going to do, should we alarm Mrs. Taylor?” Sandra asked. “No, it might be too dangerous, we have to take matters in our own hands,” Kerry answered bravely. “But I’m scared Kerry,” Tania said shivering. “Tania we’ve pulled more dangerous stunts than this,” Sandra said. “Fine.” Tania said “On three we walk in and turn on the light,” Kerry said. Her two friends nodded their heads. “One, two, and three....” Kerry counted. Then the three girls walked in. Mr. Davison turned around and saw the three girls looking at him with nasty glares. “What are you three doing here?” Mr. Davison asked surprised. “We are the ones who are supposed to be asking that!” Sandra said harshly. “Well I’m looking for the note my brother wrote,” Mr. Davison said dramatically. “You’re the painting museum thief.” Kerry said. “No that’s my partner,” Mr. Davison corrected. “So what do you want with the note?” Sandra asked. “Well that note has a map to the pendent and the gold crust, and I want them for myself, I’ve always been there for my brother, but he left me nothing those things are meant to be mine!” Mr. Davison shouted. “Well we are not going to let you do that!” Sandra said proudly. “You’re just a bunch of kids, you can’t stop me now hand over the note,” Mr. Davison screamed. “Never,” Kerry told him. Then he snatched the note from Kerry. “You shouldn’t have interfered,” Mr. Davison said with an evil smile. “Now you’re going to see what you got yourselves into,” Mr. Davison warned. He dragged the girls to the basement, and then tied them. “Help!” Tania Screamed. “No one can hear you,” Mr. Davison said a sinister laugh. “If you need me I’m be at the airport,” Mr. Davison said shutting the basement door. “Oh we’re never going to get out of this ropes, and their blousing me badly,” Sandra complained. “Oh yes we’ll I always carry safety scissors where ever I go just in case I get into these kind situations,” Kerry said faintly, as she tried to cut off the ropes on her arms and legs. Moments later Kerry freed herself, and then she freed Sandra and Tania. “But he got away with the note,” Tania said. “That wasn’t the note, the real note is in our room, that was just one that I forged,” Kerry said trying to open the door. “Oh no it’s locked.” “What are we going to do now,” Sandra said, as she rubbed her hands for warmth. “I think I know,” Tania said. “I have a hair pin, in my hair and I saw people in the movies use it to unlock doors.” Tania grabbed a butterfly pin from her hair, she put the end of it into the keyhole, she held it and twisted around, till the lock unlocked, then Tania grabbed the door noble, and opened the door. “Great job Tania, now let’s go see if Mrs. Taylor is okay,” Kerry, said walking out of the basement. “What has Mr. Davison got away with?” Tania asked, anxiously. “A bunch of artworks I did in my spare time just in case that happened,” Kerry replied. When the girls got out the headed straight to see if Mrs. Taylor was okay, they told her events that happened that night, and to call the police tell them that Mr. Davison was heading for Waverly airport. Next the girls drove off to follow the rook’s car. “This is so exciting,” Sandra said looking ahead to see if we would spot the car. Moments later Kerry finally spotted the car. “There it is,” Kerry pointed out to her friends. Kerry dimmed her headlights so the rooks wouldn’t spot her car. Moments later the car stopped by a gas station. Kerry got out of the car, and told her friends her would be right back. She entered the gas station’s cafeteria she looked around, and then she spotted Mr. Davison and his partner eating some food. She knew if the were eating it would take some time for them to finish so she alerted the police. Moments later the police arrived and arrested the two rooks. “We would have gotten away with this if it wasn’t for you three nosy girls,” Mr. Davison said, while the police put him into their police car. “Thank you girls for all your help the police headquarters really appreciates it,” said the police sergeant Mr. Glens. “You’re welcome,” the girls sang together. “You sure saved us a lot of time, I’ll make sure you’re awarded, by the chief,” the sergeant said, as he drove off in his police car. “We better head back to Mrs. Taylor, she will be worried sick,” Sandra exclaimed opening the car door. “I don’t think so after she saw what we are capable of I think she knows will be just fine,” Kerry assured. “You’re probably right,” Tania said giggling. And once again they had begun driving again. “It has been one long night,” Sandra said yawning. Moments later the girls arrived at Mrs. Taylor’s house again. They found Mrs. Almery leaving the house and Mrs. Taylor walking right behind her. “Have you girls solved the mystery of the mysteries note yet?” Mrs. Almery asked amusedly. She explained to the girls that she come to see if Mrs. Taylor was okay over hearing a car pass by her house speedily. The girls explained every to her and promised to visit her soon. Mrs. Taylor suggested the girls get some rest and look for the items the next day. The girls spent soundly the whole night.

The next day the girls woke up early to begin the search. Kerry grabbed the note from were her hide it. The girls were surprised to see nothing behind the note, had Mr. Davison tricked them. “No map!” Tania exclaimed. “Wait maybe, it’s covered by all this dirt,” Sandra said cleaning he back of it. “Look there it is the map,” Kerry said excitedly. “Did you find it?” Mrs. Taylor said piping her head into the family room. “Yes we did, it was behind the note the whole time,” Sandra replied, Mrs. Taylor joined the girls. “The note says knock on the secret panels three times,” Tania read. Kerry walked over to the panels and knocked on them three times, at first nothing happened then it opened, and there was a secret passage way. The three girls went inside; it was a very dusty passage. At the corner there were the things Davie talked about in the note. “It’s yours Mrs. Taylor,” Tania said handing her the items as she left the passage with Kerry and Sandra right behind her. “Well I sternly didn’t know that was there,” Mrs. Taylor joked happily. Moments the girls got a phone call from the police station saying they got a confession from both Mr. Davison and his partner, and that the girls were going to get gold medals for their accomplishment. “You girls are amazing how did you do it?” Mrs. Taylor asked amazed. “Well its like this all those offers you got to buy your house it was Mr. Davison and his partner they were trying to buy your house so the would look for the items in Davies’s note, Mr. Davison knew all about the note the whole time, so since we kept on interpreting him and his partner decided Mr. Davison come here to and find the items himself,” Kerry explained. “How did he know about the note?” Mrs. Taylor questioned. “Well we figure he was there when Davies’s was writing the note,” Sandra replied. “One more question, why come for them now, after all these years?” “Well I think him, and his partner were lacking money, then he decided to tell him about the note.” “I can never repay you girls for what your have done for me and little Annabelle, but I can try by giving you these...” Mrs. Taylor grabbed three diamond bracelets from her morning gown. “That’s real diamond,” Mrs. Taylor said, as the girls put them on. “You don’t have to,” Kerry said, looking at her bracelet. “I insist,” Mrs. Taylor said giving each of the girls a hug. Moments later a truck pulled over in front of Mrs. Taylor’s lawn. “Annabelle’s here you must meet her,” Mrs. Taylor said grabbing each of the girls by hand down the stairs. Mrs. Taylor rushed to her daughter and hugged her for more than five seconds. “Annabelle this are the girls I told you about on the phone,” Mrs. Taylor exclaimed. Annabelle was a pretty young brown haired girl with her hair in a bow. “Oh so these are the girls you haven’t stopped talking about?” Annabelle said giving them each a hug, then she whispered “Thank you for all your help I truly appreciate it.”

THE END.........