Bay Reach Point

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8

Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

Two things were going through Jessica Fletchers mind while she was lying in the dried out old pool. That her legs and one arm had been broken due to the fall and that she was lying right next to the corpse of her daughter. She remembered her husband’s confusion over the full logbook when they first arrived at the hotel, she understood now that the hotel was full. It was full of the dead.

Keith stood over her, his eyes on fire and his fist clenched around a cricket
Thank you all for reading I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you read more of my work. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bat. He was like an icon or statue; he was completely motionless, until he brought the bat down on her healthy arm. Jessica screamed, her whole body felt numb and she started to go into shock. Keith left the pool and went up to a control console on the side of the basin. As he turned the leaver Jessica realized what he was going to do. Then the pool started to fill with water.
She could not swim and her broken limbs pulled her down. The water got higher and she gasped for air like a fish out of water. The last thing Jessica Fletcher saw was her daughter’s dead body floating up towards the dim light.

++++
Tom was still in the cupboard; his vision was restricted to a small crack he could peek out of. He heard footsteps behind him and his heart speeded up. It was Keith. He staggered up to the front door and rested on the door frame. There was something about Keith Tom hated, maybe it was the smell, the look, or even the hair but it wasn’t that, it was that Keith reeked of the dead, as if he was the last man standing from hundreds of battles. Yes he was a survivor all right, but not for long. The frame buckled under his wait like the walls of Jericho and the arch collapsed. On Sunday the 4th Keith was crushed by a door frame. It was as if Tom willed it to happen, as if Tom had a connection with the hotel.

2012 hotel diary.Sunday 4.August.

Keith was no longer needed so I disposed of him. Now I have found a new friend, little Tom Fletcher has decided to help me.
I can’t say I enjoyed his family. I am still hungry.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8