Bay Reach Point

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »

Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

1973 hotel diary.Thursday 23.January.

A young couple out on the balcony, Keith had to repair it after the incident, he was only a child back then.

***
Maybe Keith knew where Rachel was going for fresh air. It was what Keith did when he first saw the silhouettes on the rocks, the hotel spared him because it liked little Keith Springer. But it didn’t favour his parents.

+++
Her feet sunk deeper into the mud.
Whats a rattle doing outside and who owns it. All will be revealed if you read on.
Why had she come here? The waves almost lunged out at her as they crashed against the rocks and the seagulls swooped down howling with laughter. It had started raining and Rachel had gone to the rocks to investigate what she had seen last night. The thing had thrown itself of the cliff but she could see no footprints. Rachel was a normal popular teenage girl, she had a boyfriend, she wasn’t bitchy and she was polite. Most significantly she didn’t believe in ghosts or the supernatural. What she saw last night was real. The rain started to get heavier, threatening to wash away her evidence. She scanned the ground, nothing, no dropped items, and no signs of a struggle. It was almost as if the hotel had made the thing go of the cliff. She started to walk away but suddenly she heard a crunch from under her feet. Rachel quickly turned over the grassy mud; she had found a baby’s rattle. And as she held it up to the light someone grabbed her from behind.