The haunting

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »

Ed (The mystery man)

Chapter 7
Suddenly i awoke. It was all a dream. It was just a nightmare. This was my day off. I ran to my drawer and pulled out the paper the man handed to my husband and read the line” FELDMAN AND COMPANY.
I drove to the apartment. I put my gun in my back pocket and covering it up with my back shirt. I knocked a couple times then as i was about to leave he opened the door . “I’ve been expecting you, please do come in” He seemed nicer than the man that appeared in my dream.
What will happen next?
I stared at him blankly then said ”you have?” he pointed to the nearest seat in the apartment. I sat down. “yes, your Greg’s wife correct?” I looked at him now, his eyes met mine putting a glass of wine on the desk that he was leaning on, “ugh yes i am” I replied. “listen, I didn’t come for chit chat, I Wanted to ask you what you were dealing, with my husband?” He looked at me laughing then sat down a seat away from me.
“ Your husband wasn't the type of man he said he was” I looked at him and drinking a sip of the wine.
“ What are are you talking about?” He laughed. “ My, you’re quite the charming type.” being sarcastic. “” What kind of man was did Greg exactly. “ “What would my husband be doing at the lab if he wasn’t working on his patients ?” he looked at me and got up “ that’s exactly what i would like to know-” I interrupted him.
“Might i ask does this man work with you?” he moved to the window. “No he works for my father, it seems they have had some kind of filthy habit. “Drugging people?” He turned to me from the window. “ you might know a lot more than i thought.”
He took me to his work place. “ here is my father’s company” I stepped into his office.” It was a bit dim and musty. He pulled out a Cigarette and lit it up. “ Please take a seat”. he gestured. The place looked like it hadn't been putting in work in years or ages. “ your husband and my father didn’t quite get along. He would come over ask for some feverish amount of supplies. When my dad would ask what for, he would just say for his hospital training camp, but my dad knew something fishy was going on their. Your husband was drugging people. The only way we could find out is we go over there. There is no way we can get through those guards. I want you to think carefully, what did you see that night you went there?”
He told me is name was Ed, and that he can help me, if only I tell him exactly what happened on that night. So i told him. He looked at me irrationally. As if i knew what was going on but didn’t want to tell him. The place was closing and it was time to go. Something strange is going on and i have to find out.