The haunting

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »

Jana

Chapter 5
That night was the best night of my life. I don’t want to say this but, I felt like myself with him. I could be me and that , that alone was the best part a woman could ever feel ,on top of being treated like one. Although we were the total opposite, it felt like we weren’t, like he liked everything I did. We just clicked so beautifully and nothing , nothing could take that away.
The next day I tried to stay focused at work but, I couldn’t I just wouldn’t stop thinking
Will Jana tell Scott how she really feels? or will Judy get closer to Scott?
about him, and how he made me feel. But , I tried for the work, of course, Today I was a princess tomorrow I will be a queen. In my mind, I suppose. “hey Judy, how’s it coming along? ” Jana said. Jana was my co- worker . Gosh I wish I could sit and chat with her for hours but I told her it was magnificent and of course, The work was coming along pretty well.
“Ah hey after work do you want to stop by and grab some coffee?”
“Gees Jana, I wish but I have a date with-”
“Scott, yeah I understand”
“no “. I tried to say something I guess she took it the wrong way. Jana was a type of girl that takes no and shoves it the wrong way even more in a negative way. Their was nothing you can do to get around her, without her finding out. She was “ow, and ah” about things if something were to happen. She’d be there all the way.
Now that was a good thing, although sometimes it can be very, very annoying. Not to be rude or anything, she’s a great gal but , she’s not cut out for the whole live in the moment thing. More like live for today and see what happens tomorrow. I don’t know what her people see in her, but it’s got me thinking. That day was worth the wait the night you get home it’s just a great feeling that you have someone there for you every step of the way, and Scott was that great feeling. I mean ever since Greg, and the whole incident happened , he’s been all ears with me through thick and thin. Kind of creepy though but, I’ve had worse.
As soon as I got home I took a nap before Scott would come by and swoop me off my feet. As I tried to get some sleep the phone rang “hello” I said in a tired voice
“Judy, listen I know you probably got dressed-”
“I-” I tried to cut him off but he kept on talking.
“I’m not going to be able to take you out today, nothing personal it’s just.. Well I can’t explain it right now, but, by the time you’ll understand” he said with a sad but harsh voice. but, I know that deep inside he cares and if what he’s saying is really important than I understand.
“what do you mean” I replied
“well Judy….” he paused as if he was thinking on to what to say next.
“I can’t explain it to you ”
I understood, he wasn’t ready and for the most part I wasn’t either, but
He knew that I didn’t care. He made me feel good inside, no one has ever made me feel that way, but he is right .
That night I called Jana up after all I don’t want her to think she’s my last resort. “hey Jana you busy?” it seemed as if she didn’t want to talk , well to me. “look I don’t want to talk to you right now OK?”
“Jana listen-” she cut me off and said “ you never use to hang out with Scott until he started to give you gifts-” I cut her off and said “Jana that isn’t true and you know it” then silence. “look-” she paused as if making a expression on her face through the phone “When you shut me down for Scott I was bummed I thought you wanted to get back at me for what I said to you- but I know that he liked you and I was jealous-”
“why?” I said
“because I was chasing after him for so many years and I just didn’t have the guts to go up and talk to him”
“that’s the stupidest reason I’ve ever heard, go talk to him Jana I’m sure he’d talk to you”
“ok” she said as I was about to hang up she yelled through the phone “why aren’t you out with Scott?” I had to tell her although she’ll poke fun at me. She was also the type to do that. “wow! Why?”
I replied in a soft tone “ he said we needed time”
She then replied “for what?”
“ he said because of the whole Greg incident ” She understood , didn’t think she would , but she did!