The haunting

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

The Lab

Chapter 1
When I came home from work I noticed something strange about the way the house felt. It didn’t feel right, I called out for my husband “Greg, Greg!”, but no answer. Maybe he fell asleep upstairs in the bedroom. I checked but he was no where to be found. So I took my chances and went to his work. As soon as I got there I thought “ Why not sneak in the back door?” I opened it, and a man appeared, he seemed drugged. Not drunk because he was in a sort of haze.
I asked him “Uh, excuse me do you know if Greg is in there?”
“ Leave, go, run. It’s not safe.” He said hesitantly, I didn’t really care about what he was saying at the moment, so I continued on and went in through the door. As I looked through it seemed a bit odd, it felt funny. Not the ordinary Lab’s that you see now a days. It was strange, rooms were filled with experimental tools, and it felt a little out of random, like it’s been out of place, nothing fit in. There were beakers here and there, flasks scattered on the floor, as if someone was in a rush to get out and didn’t care that they were knocking everything over.
I went to the last door on the left, and found him. He was talking to a man in a black suit on the opposite side of his work table. I couldn’t quite see what they were exchanging, but it seemed like Greg was handing him an envelope, but I couldn't make out what the mysterious man was handing over to Greg. I stepped into the doorway, I had many questions but refrained from asking most of them. “Hey, Greg, you didn’t call what‘s going on? Who’s the man outside?”
He looked puzzled. “Judy get out of her it’s not safe.” But, I didn’t care.
“Greg I'm not leaving until you tell me what the hell is going on!” he didn’t reply, but went back to what he was doing.
The man on the opposite side of the desk left stood up,walked around, and whispered something in Greg’s ear, and left bumping my shoulder on his way out. Greg got up, turned around, put the object in the inside pocket of his lab coat. That’s when I noticed the terror in his eyes. I haven’t seen it in years.
“It’s none of your business, Don’t ask me again.” His face outraged as if someone provoked him. He picked up a scalpel from the tools that lay on a trey perched on the cabinet. “You know I should have done this a long ago but I didn’t.”
I knew what he was plotting but I didn’t let him get to me. I slid between the chair and the cabinet for support, he came to me and swung his fist like an angry gorilla, and missed. “What are you talking about!?” I said, moving from the tiny space I was in. He grabbed another tool from the tray it was some sort of a drill. “You know exactly what I am talking about! My work, Judy!!” At that time he was just an inch away from my face. Oh God no. I knew i had act and i had to act quick. I grabbed the chair beneath the table and swung it, surprisingly whacking him. He fell to the floor bloody faced, He looked at me with eyes full of fear yelling, “Judy!!”

Oh my God what have I done!? Oh no, NO NO NO! I ran out of there as fast as I could trembling, hands shaking. Paid no attention to the man drugged in the corner. I can’t call the police, they... What would they do? I hesitated looking for something to ease my mind. It’s not my fault he- he- he tried to kill me. Searching from questions in my mind as I drove away back to the house. What was he doing to the people? His patients? Why haven’t I known about it? Wait, what was the object in his lab coat? I must find out.