New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

A Twist on Reality.

Author's note: Believe it or not, this started out as an assignment! All we had to basically so was write...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Believe it or not, this started out as an assignment! All we had to basically so was write fan-fiction. Knowing me, my imagination got the better of me, and this story fell onto my computer screen!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

ONE

Beeeeeep. Beeeeeep. Beeeeeeep. The shuttering sound awakes me from me peaceful dream of counting the cottony sheep in the brightness of a solar powered rainbow! I step out of my green with brown polka dots bed and into my 1800s styled room. Trotting over to my mirror, I feel this sticky green guck under my bare feet. Suddenly I am sopping with clammy sweat from all my pores. I’m getting shorter. That or I’m sinking. To reluctant to look down, I close my eyes and relax, remembering Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Immediately when Harry, Ron, and Hermione were trapped, they stood still and were safe. When I completely submerge in water, a miracle occurs! I’m not breathing oxygen, yet I’m still alive! Starting at my feet, the coldness of my house slaps my skin like ice to a hot plate. I feel my legs going numb. I’m falling and won’t stop. Falling and falling and falli-. Beeeeep. Beeeeep. Beeeeeep. I wake up…again. It feels real this time. Oh, what do I know, it felt real last time and that was a nightmare!
Lazily, I get up and slowly shuffle my feet to the kitchen. My mom is making oil-fried bacon, sunny side up eggs (with a hint of basil), and of course, buttered toast. How is it that my mom looks so perfect? Her perfect beach blonde hair that ravels into barrel curls, her perfect petite stomach, so small a mouse cannot even live in there, and her solid gold locket that travels with her 24/7.
“Honey, where are you? School starts in 1 hour!” my mom asks nonchalantly.
“UGH! In a minute!”
“Well hurry, you breakfast is getting cold!”
”Good” I say as I trail off my bathroom. I never understood why we needed such a big bathroom. I mean a 40 x 36 ft is just pure insanity. There isn’t much you can do in one bathroom you know! I understand the gold bathtub, the silver shower, and the marble sink, but why do they have to be so darn big!?