Destruction(Part 2)-Book one of Gifted series

Chapters:   1 2 3 Next »

Chapter 4

Nurse Atanasia said my wounds were no longer life threatening and I was free to go back to my chamber if I wanted to. I really didn’t want to be in the same room as Raven but I didn’t want to stay here all night either. Unfortunately for me it seemed like everyone was set on doing all my speaking for me today so I never got the chance to answer her before Kyle butted in.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea. For one she would be with Raven and for two you said she had internal bleeding. How can you let someone go if they have internal bleeding?” Was he trying to protect me from her, Raven turned her head and she glared at me. I was a nice person, I was not going to think about her bursting into a billion flames, most likely because it really would happen and I would feel awful for actually killing her.

The nurse and Ling-Lo shared a look and walked off to talk about me even though I could still hear them. Sophia took this time to fling herself at me and hug me with all her might, gotta say the kid is strong. Lynzi was next and she had tears forming in her eyes. I shook my head silently telling her not to cry here. I felt a tingle in my brain one I had felt earlier with Ling-Lo. Only he wasn’t paying attention to me and Lynzi was staring at me like she was pleading. I felt all my walls go down and then she was inside my head.

You can’t keep taking mine and Sophia’s punishments. Raven’s dangerous and you need to stay here and get fully recovered before you let her start treating you like a human punching bag. Sophia and I will be fine I promise.

I sighed; of course Lynzi would be concerned about me trying to help. She has a point though if I keep going back and she keeps adding damage on eventually I won’t be around anymore. Then it’ll be just her and Sophia, who knows what Raven could do to them.

Alright I’ll say here until I get better, but you have to make sure you show no fear to her. That’s what makes her anger spark even higher when she thinks she has you under control with her sadistic ways. Make sure you tell Sophia about this too. Does she have a link like we do?

Her eyes darted to Raven as if she was assessing if there was any danger. She squinted her eyes and stared at me the entire time. Like she was concentrating on stopping something from going into my brain. It was then I noticed Kyle was staring at me too. Great everyone wanted to know what I was thinking/saying in my mind.

Kyle keeps trying to get into your mind. He’s scared I’m trying to talk you into coming back with us. He cares about you which is good I guess, and he’s 26...sorry doesn’t look like you’ll be dating anytime soon.

She had a smirk on her face and my mouth was slightly agape. I wanted to smack her for looking into his personal life. I decided to send her off with one last message before Ling-Lo and Atanasia came back in.

You’re just as powerful as Raven is. From what I can tell all she has is strength. You can tap into her mind if you think she’s about to do something to you and Sophia. Then you have time to stop it. Don’t let her win this Lynzi.

She nodded blinking back tears and I didn’t know what was wrong but I had faith in her. I still had faith in Raven that she would turn around and be a halfway decent person by the time this was all said and done. Ling-Lo walked back in and managed a grim smile for me trying to raise my spirits I guess.

“Sarah is to stay here the next few weeks. Kyle you are to look after her at night. I will be here during the day.” Okay so maybe Ling-Lo wasn’t so bad after all. He was going out of his way to make sure I was safe from Raven, and even Jewel. Either one is enough to make me happy for awhile. “I’ll get these three to their chamber, and bring you changes of clothing.” Kyle nodded before getting up and sitting in the chair that was closest to me.

“Why didn’t you tell me what Raven was doing to you?” Well for starters it just started yesterday, but no way was I gonna tell him that. So I decided to play shame and look like I felt guilty for not telling him when all I was trying to do was not make her madder at me.

“I just thought she was cranky about being taken from home. I’m sorry.” He tilted my chin up and studied my face before smirking and leaning back, folding his hands behind his head. Crap he knew I was lying and now he was gonna call me on it. God I’m stupid aren’t I.

“You’re lying, now why don’t you tell me the truth.” I knew by the look on his face that he was being dead serious and wanted a real answer. I sighed and tried to stall by deciding to talk telepathically. His walls were hard to get through but not impossible.

I just didn’t want to cause any more trouble than I already did. Raven already hated me and now she hates me more because of something I was trying to prevent. Now there’s no one to protect Lynzi and Sophia.

He looked at me shocked for a minute then shook his head in silent disagreement. Either that or he thought I was crazy for letting Raven hit on me just like Lynzi thought I was.

You underestimate your friend too much. While you have telepathy and the fact you can cause something to happen just by thinking about it. Lynzi too has telepathy and is able to change reality. She can alter things so no harm come to her.

If this was true then she was ten times more powerful than both Raven and I, if I wished someone dead…she could creep in my mind and make it to where I wished they were in Africa. This means she would be perfectly fine on her own with Sophia.

Wait what about Sophia; she’s gifted too isn’t she?

He smiled probably knowing I would want to know about the girl who I had to come think of as a daughter, even though she was only 4 years younger than me.

Sophia is very powerful she is able to sense others weakness and just by thinking about it and concentrating on a specific person can cause their downfall. Along with being intangible.

That was all I needed to hear, that my girls would be able to hold their own until I got out of here.

Now get some sleep Sarah, you have a long day tomorrow.
Chapters:   1 2 3 Next »